Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

pirate punch dagger

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

pirate punch dagger Empty
PostSubject: pirate punch dagger   pirate punch dagger I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 5:23 am

This is a pic, taken from the Dag Forum, of someone's Pirate Punch dagger (the stabby tip has not been attached yet) he plans on Plasti-dipping it. I'm not familiar with that technique but from what I understand its a cloth covering sprayed or dipped into a chemical that turns it into like a foam latex or something like that. It pulls tight on the weapon and helps protect it and makes it look better. Something like that. Experts?

pirate punch dagger Dagger2

Okay, Strider, where's pics of you cutlass/scimitar???

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: pirate punch dagger   pirate punch dagger I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 5:40 am

Here's a pic of someone's Axe. Pretty cool. The pic is from the Bel boards.

pirate punch dagger Brunhilda

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

PostSubject: Re: pirate punch dagger   pirate punch dagger I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 9:08 am

konradr wrote:
Okay, Strider, where's pics of you cutlass/scimitar???

Haha, well unfortunately I have not started that project yet. I've been gone, but I hope to get it somewhat done before next practice.
Back to top Go down
Smithy
Admin
Smithy

PostSubject: Re: pirate punch dagger   pirate punch dagger I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 10:52 am

Not a bad design. I've never heard of this spray foam. I only hope that the spray doesn't work like a latex spray. That'd be roughly akin to lining the weapon with duct tape. Sure it'll have a cloth cover but it'll hit like a brick. If you find out any more about this process lemme' know. Intruiging.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: pirate punch dagger   pirate punch dagger I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 5:03 pm

Well, Smithy, you know how I get things mixed up. Here is the link to the topic on the Dag forum that explains the process and the materials. In all honesty, I didn't read it. I got bleary eyed from all the other reading I did last night. Damn computers.

http://www.dagorhir.com/forums/index.php?topic=15445.msg285968#msg285968

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Smithy
Admin
Smithy

PostSubject: Re: pirate punch dagger   pirate punch dagger I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 8:41 pm

Very awsome stuff in that article. There was only one problem I found with it. A few materials in the construction of the weapon (like the outer coating) just won't survive the heat out here. If they're talking about "don't leave it direct sunlight because the heat with ruin it" back east then I can pretty say for certain that it won't survive out here.

And what's this about "you know how I get things mixed up?" You make it sound like you're getting old. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pirate punch dagger   pirate punch dagger I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

pirate punch dagger
Page 1 of 1