Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Dragonslayer

Go down 
+3
Knubbs
Taco
konradr
7 posters
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

Dragonslayer Empty
PostSubject: Dragonslayer   Dragonslayer I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 12:15 am

The Dragonslayer is he who single handely slays a dragon.

You must ask permission of the Adunakhor to attempt to slay a dragon. It is the Adunakhor who will select fighters who will represent the Dragon. You may only make 1 attempt, and only once in a month. Therefore the attempt may be held at any practice or at the Althing, depending on the Adunakhor's will and people available. A scroll will be kept of all who attempt to slay the dragon.

You will be considered fully armored irregardless if you own armor or not. However, if you own armor or can borrow it, you MUST wear it. You may use any weapon's kit you desire. There is no time limit, there is no boundary. You kill or be killed.

For those who kill the Dragon, you will be awarded a Dragonslayer belt sash (depending on when they can get made) Preferrably the award will presented at Althing and will be written into the Dragonslayer ledger.

Here are some possible sash color choices. Thoughts?

A. Dragonslayer Dragon10
Dragonslayer Dragon14

B. Dragonslayer Dragon11

C. Dragonslayer Dragon12

D. Dragonslayer Dragon13

Konradr

Last edited by konradr on Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Taco

Taco

Dragonslayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonslayer   Dragonslayer I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 12:47 am

Black or tan i like thouse two the most!!
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Dragonslayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonslayer   Dragonslayer I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 1:02 am

Yeah, Originally I thought the purple was a 'Royal' color, meaning something that is empowered by the king. Also it stands out so people will notice it right away and ask "What's that sash for?" However, the black looks cool and the Tan/khaki is our realm color. The black may stand out, but the tan/khaki may not be so noticeable and you would want this achievement to be noticeable.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

Dragonslayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonslayer   Dragonslayer I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 3:57 pm

if you go purple... (which is awesome!) go with a darker purple.... 2 or 3 shades lighter than black.... so you can get the something that stands out from out tabards.
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

Dragonslayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonslayer   Dragonslayer I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 10:14 pm

I say go black and gold, my new garb will be black and gold Cool
Back to top Go down
K'urn

K'urn

Dragonslayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonslayer   Dragonslayer I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 5:24 pm

Why not make it a commendation, signified by a medal and sash stripe.
If not, i would do away with the word 'Dragonslayer' on the sash. Maybe make it more of a belt favor and less an actual sash. Make it thinner.

just my two cents.

K-
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

Dragonslayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonslayer   Dragonslayer I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 6:01 pm

How about this?

Dragonslayer DragonSlayer-1

smaller and can just be attached to your belt or whatever....

for a commendation.... hmm.... the brainstorm is forming....
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Dragonslayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonslayer   Dragonslayer I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 7:23 pm

Yeah, the "Dragon Slayer" looks better on that one.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
caretaker

caretaker

Dragonslayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonslayer   Dragonslayer I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 8:38 pm

oooh, sounds like fun, I might give it a try sometime if i'm allowed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/thomasalesterayers?re
Knubbs

Knubbs

Dragonslayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonslayer   Dragonslayer I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 9:47 pm

or we could do this.... (which is more iconic)

Dragonslayer DragonSlayer-Copy
Back to top Go down
Scrios

Scrios

Dragonslayer Empty
PostSubject: ...   Dragonslayer I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 10:51 pm

i like the black ones bester but don't go by me cuzz black is my fav color lol <.<
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Dragonslayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonslayer   Dragonslayer I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 8:31 am

Update on the Rules for fighting the Dragon. This could go for group fighting as well as the individual fight for the Dragonslayer badge.

Reading up on the Dragon in the Dagorhir forum the set up is pretty standard with 7 guys tied together, the tail being a red or spear, the head being an archer, the heart being armored, the legs having Daggers or blues.

Some variants that have been tried.

1. Flying/walking on ground: flying is represented by the Dragon crew running. Walking on the ground is represented by walking. Some create wings for the dragon by adding two people to each side with daggers/blues representing the wings. The wings are not invulnerable and if killed, the dragon can no longer fly (run) it can only walk. While in flight the dragon's heart is immune to all but missile weapons (arrows and Javelin's) Since Wings are not invulnerable they could carry a shield.

2. The heart can not carry a weapon, since it is the heart and not a fighting part with a tooth or claw or hook. Some don't consider the heart "armored" but instead give the largest shield (tower type shield)

3. the fighters acting as Legs can be gimped, but not killed, this can be permanant or a 5 second count then they regenerate the lost limb. If permanant make it a double tap, if regenerative, make it a single normal hit.

4. Dead legs. Some allow the leg's extra hits but then they can be killed. When they are killed they must drop their weapons but must still move with the dragon. They can defend the heart only by putting their body in the way of an attack. They can not use their hands at all.

Using either of the above rules (3 & 4) some give the legs a shield.

5. Some people have the head use unlimited javelins instead of an archer and somehow the dragon can carry as many javies as possible for the head to use.

I like the way we do it for battles of many vs the dragon. For the single duel I think I like the rule we emplaced for Taco's fight on Sunday with a few additions. Those are as follows:

a. A "leg" can be gimped by a double tap of a blue or one hit of a double handed Red on either leg. The gimp is permanent.

b. The heart is fully armored and may carry either a shield or a blue, but not both.

c. Whatever the tail is armed with hits like a red. But a glaive with a stabby tip is the ideal weapon. The tail remains invulnerable.

d. If all members of the Dragon are running, the dragon is flying and can only be attacked with javelins and arrows. Gimped legs can not run.

e. Anyone taking on the dragon in single combat may carry as many weapons as he wishes to use onto the field and set them where he can get them. Archer's; however, may only use each arrow once.

f. If a weapon is knocked out of the hand of one of the Dragon's body parts (legs, head, tail) and falls to the ground, it can not be retrieved. That claw, hook or tooth has been knocked out. The bow; however, must be given back as the Dragon can always spew flame (as long as he has arrows). The head should carry a blue as "teeth".

I'm getting tired now, must crawl off to bed. I'll review this tomorrow and see if I left anything out. Good luck to the next Dragon Hunter who challenges the evil beast on Althing.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Dragonslayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonslayer   Dragonslayer I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 7:30 pm

The Aratari (Dagorhir's original group) use this Dragon game in their weekend events. They call it Dragon quest and 3 heroes fight the dragon. Once the Dragon is killed, the 7 are switched out.

Quote :
DRAGON QUEST
Accompanied by only two companions, you enter the clearing to face the wounded Dragon. Around the clearing are scattered the bodies of a dozen warriors who came before you. For a moment, you think, “Why don’t we wait for reinforcements?” Then the Dragon raises its head and you know the answer: “Heroes never wait, because then you’d have to share the glory!” Howling your battle-cry, you charge, raising your shield...

RULES
Seven fighters joined by short lengths of rope tied to their belts become the “dragon:” 4 for the Dragon’s clawed feet, a red weapon for its lashing tail, an archer for its fire-breathing head, and an armored weapon-and-shield fighter becomes the Dragon’s heart. Teams of three Heroes attack the Dragon, one team at a time. The only way for the Dragon to die is for the “heart” to be killed. At first, the Dragon wipes out Heroes at an alarming rate. However, the Dragon must remain roped together and all wounds to the Dragon are cumulative. So as each fighter making up part of the Dragon is wounded or killed, the Dragon becomes weaker and slower: dragging a “crippled” foot (fighter dead or with a leg gone) or with its “tail” mangled and unable to break shields (fighter with one arm gone). Eventually, a team of Heroes finds the gap in the Dragon’s defenses and drives home the killing blow to the Heart. Then we trade places and seven new fighters get their chance as the Dragon.

In this Dragon scenario, I would make the body parts completely armoured, and then give them double hits to kill/gimp. The Dragon should eventually loose if not the first team of three heroes, to the others waiting their turn as the dragon would not regenerate.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dragonslayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonslayer   Dragonslayer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragonslayer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Barad'Dun The Western Tower :: General News-
Jump to: