Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Fear of attacking.....

Go down 
+4
konradr
Taco
Demie Zephyra
Knubbs
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Knubbs

Knubbs

Fear of attacking..... Empty
PostSubject: Fear of attacking.....   Fear of attacking..... I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 8:20 pm

I know some people are still having issues with the idea of hitting someone with strength as well as being aggressive in combat.

For those of you at practice on sunday i did a practice with a couple of you were i literally held a shield up and had you charge me. I called on Demie to charge me and she did. When demie charged me I knew she was a bit worried but she kept coming anyway. She hit my shield and I popped my shoulder into it a bit and she bounced off. Kudos to Demie for charging me without hesitation. That was most likely going to happen but she got up and continued on. I did the same to a couple of other people as well, especially the new guys that were a bit apprehensive.

My advice comes at this....

In this style of play it takes a long time to live. Keep your head on a swivel and dont be afraid of being hit or hitting someone else.

I know people like Taco and some others are intimidating but dont let them use that to there advantage.
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: Fear of attacking.....   Fear of attacking..... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 4:33 am

Taking certain people on though does reasonably strike fear into a person.

No offense, but Taco's hits hurt like hell. So do Isk's. Sometimes, Rilith's do too, as do many other people's hits.

And there are just only so many bruises one can take. xD

I know that it comes with a game such as this, but I can't be purple and blue all the time. >.>
Back to top Go down
Taco

Taco

PostSubject: Re: Fear of attacking.....   Fear of attacking..... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 5:00 am

you know that it take sometime for people to get rid of that fear. so no need to get on people, just encouraged them. That my though on the matter.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Fear of attacking.....   Fear of attacking..... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 7:42 am

There are other ways to instill aggressiveness. Not everone is going to be so aggressive. Its just not in everyone's nature. I want people to learn to fight to their abilities rather than forcing them to be aggressive and then they don't like it or they get hurt and stop coming.

Confidence comes when you keep practicing, practicing and practicing. The more you come out and play, the more you fight guys who whoop your ass, the more you practice at home, the better you will get and the more confidence you will have and the more aggressive you will be. It comes in time. You can't force it. Teach them how to fight better, and they will eventually fight better and be more aggressive.

Taco wasn't always as good as he is now. He learned that from 6 years of constant practice and at first from having his butt whooped. Don't shy away from someone who is good. Try to beat him, then figure out how he's beating you and practice moves that may help you overcome that. Taco wasn't always as good as he is, but he was always 7 feet tall. You must learn to fight to your bodies abilities. You can only use what God gave you to use. Learn to use it to the most that you can, don't try to be Taco, try to defeat taco (or anyone else) with what you can do best. Some weapons are more suited for some body types, and not others. experiment, find what you are good at and practice with it all the time.

To beat Taco, will be very hard one on one. So learn to fight in a team, get someone to fight along side of you when you take on someone like Taco. Of course that doesn't mean you should never fight him one on one. You learn more about yourself and how to improve by fighting someone who can beat you 19 out of 20. Then someday, you'll beat him a few times and you will know you are getting better.

I'm sorry, but having the new guys and demie running into a shield and bashing them to the ground is not going to make them aggressive. Demie was hurt and she's too proud to say anything. She is not the body type for shield bashing. I would never order her to shield bash or get shield bash, I'd order an ORC type body to do that. That would be you Knubbs. I'd have Demie follow you and start hacking and slashing and the bowling pins that fall over. Not to say that Demie doesn't need to learn to fight with a shield. She does. She needs to get as shield if she is going to fight in close combat. She needs to be able to push that shield into someone's body, or weapon arm and smother them or knock them off balance. She is capable of that. As for running into someone who is three times her size, hell no. That will never work for her. She can shield bash someone her size. If someone like you were to rush at her to shield bash her, my advice to her would be to side step. (I would also expect you to use a little less force, in hitting someone smaller than you.)

As for the new kids, let's get them to learn how to use the swords and encourage them along the way to fight and they will get aggressive. It will take time. Later we will teach them to shield bash, etc.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Taco

Taco

PostSubject: Re: Fear of attacking.....   Fear of attacking..... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 8:31 am

nicely put konradr
Back to top Go down
Surt

Surt

PostSubject: Re: Fear of attacking.....   Fear of attacking..... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 4:36 pm

demie your awesome! konrad's right. practice! practice! practice! the vets can give tips on how to fight well but when it comes down to it everyone will eventually develop their own techniques and styles based on whats comfortable to them.
Back to top Go down
https://baraddun.forumotion.net
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: Fear of attacking.....   Fear of attacking..... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 5:15 pm

I was just saying this;

This game has a since of aggressiveness to it.

I understand im a bigger guy and im made to run into people, but its the fact that, Demie didnt hesitate when she charged me that made me proud. *insert Demie Hug* I also wouldnt doubt that a well time bash from demie wouldnt knock me down, ive been knocked down by smaller people.

The thing you said:

Quote :
Don't shy away from someone who is good. Try to beat him, then figure out how he's beating you and practice moves that may help you overcome that.

Thats what i was trying to say. My greatest advantage isnt that im aggressive its because i don't fear fighting someone. in the end im saying that people should have no fear of the others in the chapter. This leads to getting better and getting aggressive in the right way.

Dont think im trying to get a chapter full of berserkers.... that not my reasoning at all. Sorry if it sounded that way.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Fear of attacking.....   Fear of attacking..... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 7:07 pm

Hmmm, a unit of berserker's might be an asset though, or a liablility if they have noone to berserk other than their nearest neighbor.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Surt

Surt

PostSubject: Re: Fear of attacking.....   Fear of attacking..... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 10:33 pm

some shock troops so to speak? sounds awesome!
Back to top Go down
https://baraddun.forumotion.net
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: Fear of attacking.....   Fear of attacking..... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 3:15 am

like this?

Fear of attacking..... Troll-berserker-final
Back to top Go down
Isk

Isk

PostSubject: Re: Fear of attacking.....   Fear of attacking..... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 5:03 am

I think aggressiveness is mostly tied to confidence. Practice can create confidence. Positive praise and guidance from respected peers creates confidence. Success is the greatest source of confidence. On our field every week we are practicing. I try to praise the other team with specific points for things they did well and offer advice on things they did poorly, both of which should help them do better the next round. Fear, doubt and hesitation in a team come from not being sure that what you are doing is the right thing to do. Praise and correct practice will create confidence that, even if it didn't work this time, it was the right thing to do and you can make it work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.antirdearg.com
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Fear of attacking.....   Fear of attacking..... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 7:23 am

To Isk, you said it all, that's about right.

To Knubbs, that's a scary dude.

To all: I think if the Royal Army were to make a squad of Berserks/shock troops. That squad would be Barrikade, Knubbs, Sasquatch and Oddvar.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
sasquatch

sasquatch

PostSubject: Re: Fear of attacking.....   Fear of attacking..... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 7:26 am

lol ya fatties don't like to over exert themselves livin is for the skinny... and wut time is the althing?
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/kookiecrazy
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Fear of attacking.....   Fear of attacking..... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 7:32 am

Althing will be 12 noon on. I might be late, but I'll be there.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Fear of attacking.....   Fear of attacking..... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 3:23 pm

konradr wrote:
Althing will be 12 noon on. I might be late, but I'll be there.

Konradr

-skips the aggression posts and seems very innocent-

Why are you mentioning the Althing? Is there going to be no Thor be damned fighting on Saturday? I work through the Althing (Sunday) but I'm off Saturday and I damn well want to fight someone and be taught to grapple Taco and The Squatch. Someone better show up or I'm going to go catatonic. Believe you me I have a skillet with your name on it if someone misses practice. I couldn't fight last week. This week I intend to fight everyone that shows up and by the gods I have an announcement to make as well. So someone better show up.

That's all folks...

..*swaggers off with skillet in hand*....
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Fear of attacking.....   Fear of attacking..... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 5:55 pm

I'm mentioning althing because Sasquatch asked what time it was.

Good show of aggression in your post though, Alyssa, now lets see it on the field Saturday. Hmmmm, since you and Akeria are fond of frying pans, how about cutting the shape out in a sheet of plastic, and putting three layers of foam on both sides and on the edge and voila, a Maiden's first Blue, her frying pan!

Fear of attacking..... Frying10

This is not an edged weapon. You'd want to hit with the 'flat' of the weapon. This is one that would be good to grapple over too, the winner then 'paddling' the loser's behind. cheers

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fear of attacking.....   Fear of attacking..... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fear of attacking.....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Barad'Dun The Western Tower :: - The Armory - :: Training & Fighting Techniques-
Jump to: