Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Posting your leg when hit....

Go down 
+7
barrikaide
Taco
K'urn
Scrios
edgar dernhelm
Surt
konradr
11 posters
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

Posting your leg when hit.... Empty
PostSubject: Posting your leg when hit....   Posting your leg when hit.... I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 5:21 pm

Something new we learned at the event in An Tir Dearg.

Posting.

Due to inclement weather on both the sand field and the grass field, and also when fighting on a hard surface (such as concrete or in an indoor gym) they have what they call "Posting". Posting works like such. When hit in the leg, instead of going to a knee, you yell "Post". That leg is now glued to that spot. You can not move it; however you can move the other leg around it (like in Basketball).

Posting, I learned, also has a use in normal conditions, for training. Romeo complained that its harder to kill someone who "posts" rather than takes a knee. The guy on his knee is vulnerable to being bum rushed, plus his movements are more limited. The posted guy, especially with a shield, can keep his good leg far back of of him out of the way and use his shield better in defence. He is also more stable and at a better elevation to defend against a bum rush. In other words you have to move and strike better in order to overcome the Posted fighter as compared to the gimped fighter.

That would be good from time to time for training purposes. To make you fight better to win rather than just overpower someone.

Another good point learned is we all tend to hide behind our shields and develope less our swordsmanship. To remedy this would be to fight more with single blue and also to fight single blue with the Off hand (left for most of us). The more practice, the better you will get with both hands, the more balanced you will be, and the more maneuvable your sword will be in both defence and offence.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Surt

Surt

PostSubject: Re: Posting your leg when hit....   Posting your leg when hit.... I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 1:12 am

i still think its much harder to kill a person who's legged and on the ground if they have a shield. if they have no shield or you have a red then its pretty easy. this does sound good for training though.
Back to top Go down
https://baraddun.forumotion.net
edgar dernhelm

edgar dernhelm

PostSubject: Re: Posting your leg when hit....   Posting your leg when hit.... I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 1:13 am

im lookin forward to more single and dual blue fights >Smile
Back to top Go down
Scrios

Scrios

PostSubject: ..   Posting your leg when hit.... I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 8:20 am

I do better with single blue against people the only person i can really ever kill when they have a shield is romeo <.<...
Back to top Go down
K'urn

K'urn

PostSubject: Re: Posting your leg when hit....   Posting your leg when hit.... I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 4:58 pm

Be careful not to let this be abused. A fighter on both feet (even if one is planted) is more agile than a gimped fighter. Don't let people use this as an advantage, or at a whim. If it gets to be a problem have the posted leg count as a legal target (like having both knees down, either leg is valid).

K-
Back to top Go down
Taco

Taco

PostSubject: Re: Posting your leg when hit....   Posting your leg when hit.... I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 10:33 pm

i like that to makeing it a vaild target.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Posting your leg when hit....   Posting your leg when hit.... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 7:25 am

Making it a valid target takes away the thing that makes it a good training thing. I mean, the reason to allow posting is to give training in using other methods, more swordsmanship, to defeat an opponant who is still agile and defensible, though stuck in one spot.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
barrikaide

PostSubject: Re: Posting your leg when hit....   Posting your leg when hit.... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 10:20 am

ide rather practice against a legged person on the ground or even practice from fighting in that position. you ever fight taco heretic or surt while they are legged? not an easy kill thats for sure.
Back to top Go down
caretaker

caretaker

PostSubject: Re: Posting your leg when hit....   Posting your leg when hit.... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 1:57 pm

I don't really like the Idea myself. I mean its interesting to switch up, but there wont be any real situation where this rule alteration would be used. Fighting legged is good practice anyways.

For those of you whose knee's hurt....I feel your pain. For the past two winters I have fought in a warehouse with concrete. Our knee's were always bruised and bloody. But hey! It kept us out of the 5-10 degree weathers and the snow:D

Great Idea for changing it up:D
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/thomasalesterayers?re
Morlock

Morlock

PostSubject: Re: Posting your leg when hit....   Posting your leg when hit.... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 6:12 pm

I'm sure it will be hard to beat the CW10 highlander champion in a single blue fight. (Taco)

Posting the back leg allows many a user an unfair advantage, however, it is a safer way than going onto one's knees.

A good example of using the two would be a Noobie fight. Everyone takes a single blue (all righties in one group, lefties in another) and hold's their arm strait out in front of them. all fighters move forward until the tips of the sword touches. Then the place the tip of said sword into the should of the fighter on their sword side. Everyone backs up until a circle is formed with everyone's sword tip in the shoulder of the person next to them while their arm is out stretched. Everyone then plants one foot. That foot many not be lifted. Anyone can pivot on that foot.

In this set up the group can now do a free for all & team fights (person to your left and right are friendly with everyone else your enemy, first person to kill all their enemies wins. Friendly fire counts)

Leg shots are ignored, arm and body shots work as regular. This teaches people how to use a single blue with limited moving and how to work with a limited team.
Back to top Go down
K'urn

K'urn

PostSubject: Re: Posting your leg when hit....   Posting your leg when hit.... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 6:38 pm

As strictly a training tool, I'm all for it. I was refering to inclement terrain and other factors that would cause one to post thier leg.

K-
Back to top Go down
Taco

Taco

PostSubject: Re: Posting your leg when hit....   Posting your leg when hit.... I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 11:39 pm

morlock were you at cw 10 i can remeber you name that well.
Back to top Go down
Morlock

Morlock

PostSubject: Re: Posting your leg when hit....   Posting your leg when hit.... I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 7:06 pm

Taco wrote:
morlock were you at cw 10 i can remeber you name that well.

Yes, I was there and yes, we fought a few times. I even fought with the urks that event. I was there durring the urk newby fight. Later, I merced for the south Cali group at CW 11 and got an arrow to the eye when we fought against the urks. Nothing says vengeance like an arrow to the eye.
Back to top Go down
Taco

Taco

PostSubject: Re: Posting your leg when hit....   Posting your leg when hit.... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 12:07 am

lol thats funny
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Posting your leg when hit....   Posting your leg when hit.... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 7:29 am

Nothing says vengeance like an arrow dead on to the breast and then the crotch...twice, from your own Marshal....

..or perhaps that is what we at Barad'Dun like to call tough love to the fools that volunteer for target practice as the target?

Thanks, Smithy. Razz
Back to top Go down
Smithy
Admin
Smithy

PostSubject: Re: Posting your leg when hit....   Posting your leg when hit.... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:14 am

In my defense, both you and Heretic just stood there and let me shoot you two for about a half hour. At damn near max range I might add.
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Posting your leg when hit....   Posting your leg when hit.... I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 2:33 am

Smithy wrote:
In my defense, both you and Heretic just stood there and let me shoot you two for about a half hour. At damn near max range I might add.

In your defense...I was just giving you a hard time. You're our favorite Marshal and we were also trying out our jedi skills in trying to catch your arrows. At least Heretic was. I was just trying to make him fail. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Posting your leg when hit....   Posting your leg when hit.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Posting your leg when hit....
Page 1 of 1