Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

quick question

Go down 
+3
caretaker
konradr
drakil
7 posters
AuthorMessage
drakil

drakil

quick question Empty
PostSubject: quick question   quick question I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 2:04 am

i have a quick question for everyone what do the shields need to be made of wood or cardboard
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

quick question Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question   quick question I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 2:07 am

Look under the topic armory and then Weapon construction. We have alot of links and written info on making shields.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
caretaker

caretaker

quick question Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question   quick question I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 1:41 am

Depending on where you live, I would be willing to help you make what you want to make, I have an open schedule. If you got the money to make gear that is.

If not, i'm sure many others wouldnt mind helping you out. It's alittle hard first starting out, In my opinion, it is so much easier having someone physically show you how.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/thomasalesterayers?re
Taco

Taco

quick question Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question   quick question I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 3:07 am

i'm opean all week to but i live over by neills air base.
Back to top Go down
drakil

drakil

quick question Empty
PostSubject: hello   quick question I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 11:39 pm

hey everybody thanks for all the help theres a 50 50 chance that ill be there this saturday i have a shield made from some really basic stuff theres a 50% chance that ill be there on the my poor planning might be going paintballign but im really excited i have gone over the rules very basically and im going to go for a green/red hallberd if you will with a sheild im going to try on friday to build one with my chore money
(40$) and ill bring it and hope it works and if not ill be glad to take some critism i live in henderson next to foothill highschool if thats any help

google earth it 603 diamond dr
Back to top Go down
caretaker

caretaker

quick question Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question   quick question I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 1:36 am

holy crap. you live as far away as possible from both of us and we live on opposite sides of town.
Back to top Go down
drakil

drakil

quick question Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question   quick question I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 4:33 am

well im going to be there next saturday most definetly but this saturday i have plans but hey you make sacrifices for what you love and mine so happens to be swords huaaha affraid
Back to top Go down
Hxctemplar

Hxctemplar

quick question Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question   quick question I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 6:35 am

Hot damn all the way out there? I drive out there for my Friday classes at the Henderson Campus at CSN....which is a 50 min drive from my place to there (not freeway time, hate the damn freeway so I just take DI to Boulder HW)
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

quick question Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question   quick question I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 7:30 am

Kilanos lives out thataway. Don't build a halbard as your first time weapon unless someone with some experience is there to guide you through it. If you can, come to weapon's build day and then there should be plenty of folks around to help you. Its best to try your hand at a sword first.

Reds are a tricky weapon to build and dangerous if used wrong.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Taco

Taco

quick question Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question   quick question I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 10:27 am

konradrs right i would start with a sword.
Back to top Go down
drakil

drakil

quick question Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question   quick question I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 10:25 pm

whens weapon build day
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

quick question Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question   quick question I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 1:46 am

check out the other threads to find out more stuff.... Smile

If you go to Chapter news it should be in there.
Back to top Go down
drakil

drakil

quick question Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question   quick question I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 5:44 am

thanks for all the help guys and for the battle on easter my dad has decided on showing up as well father son bonding moment *dad Get my back* i cant son i lost a leg Ohh no a javlin
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

quick question Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question   quick question I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 7:42 am

The Easter weekend *event* is a big deal. You should be in garb, but if you can't get good garb, bet minimal garb. Don't wear jeans or any T-shirts with logos. Look at some of the garb postings. We have links to sites that show you how to make your own pants or T-tunic. However, for pants, sweat pants or a simple plaid pajama pants will work. You can go shirtless for that barbarian look, or wear a plain t-shirt, big long bagging one's without any logo's and no collars.

Come on out soon as you can so you can learn the ropes and get an idea of shields and weapons. Bring Dad too. I'm 45, and I love this game. Even if I can't keep running all day with you young dudes.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Smithy
Admin
Smithy

quick question Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question   quick question I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 9:56 am

Wait you're 45?! I thought you were old enough to know Jesus when he was walkin around.
Back to top Go down
caretaker

caretaker

quick question Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question   quick question I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 10:18 am

*shakes head*
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

quick question Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question   quick question I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 4:10 pm

Alas, I knew him not. I was in the cold north much of the time, which persearved my bones rather well, if not the rest of me.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
drakil

drakil

quick question Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question   quick question I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 2:32 am

hahaha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

quick question Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question   quick question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

quick question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Barad'Dun The Western Tower :: Our Chapter-
Jump to: