Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Story time

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Morlock

Morlock

Story time Empty
PostSubject: Story time   Story time I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 9:04 pm

In an effort to pump people up, let us have the old timers tell rousing stories of battles past.

A Story from Fool's Raid 3.

The classic capture the flag battle.  Two teams were chosen, each had their own flag and /\ or L| shaped base.  One point for each flag within your base was awarded on each minute.  If your flag wasn't in your base when the minute was up you didn't get a point.  Spawn point was off to one side and was used for both teams. 

Story time IMG_0986
So there I was, assigned by Tarmac himself, part of unit B.  Our job was to act as the go between for unit A and C.  A's Job was to assault the enemy base while C was to hold our own base.  From the start, neither side was able to out maneuver the other.  Our unit did a good job of protecting our base and letting unit A slaughter them selves against the enemy's gates.  This battle was going no where and soon most of unit A and B decided to start doing their own thing. 

It was during this time I was stabbing over the enemy wall trying to force an opening next to the gate when someone reached up from under my spear, grabbed it, and proceed to pull the spear out of my hands and into their fort.  I was shocked for a moment, mind you I was stabbing at an odd angle and my helm did block my vision, and during that moment I was back hacked.  Off to the spawn I went.  Upon re-spawning I took a look around before dropping my helm and ditching everything but my body armor, belt, dagger and greaves.  I tucked my dagger into my belt along my back and slowly made my way towards the enemy fort.  The three gate guards approached me with shields and swords raised ready to kill me.  I threw up my hands as they rushed down the hill covering the three or four feet in seconds.  I expected another walk to the re-spawn, but instead they ran right past me.  Looking behind me told the whole story, a fellow team mate, who saw me going up to the gate, was running up to give me a hand.  He was now being viciously attacked.  I turned my head and kept walking into the enemy's base silently thanking the poor fellow.

There weren't many people in the base.  Mordock arching by the walls, two random people keeping my team mates away from said walls, one doing such with my spear, and what must have been the fort leader.  He stood there giving commands to those defending the wall while holding the flag upright.  When he turned his gaze towards me I made like I was looking among the scattered weapons for a usable weapon.  I slowly made my way over to the commander always keeping an eye on Mordock as he was scrambling from one spot to another either to fire an arrow or collect an arrow.  Closer and closer.  I was right on top of him.  One quick stab and the flag would be mine!

Suddenly the chap that had been defending the walls with my spear came running up to me and tossed my own spear to me with the quick word of "Here, take my place," He stooped down selected two swords from those on the ground and rushed to the gate.  Sure enough, my team had mounted another attack.  This time there were only two gate defenders, not counting this new guy, against 4 of my team mates.  The commander turned to me and thrust the flag into my hands before picking up his sword and rushing to the gate's aid.  There I was, holding that which I  entered the fort for in my own hands and no way out.  I could only stand there and watch as my team mates were crushed, not by the gate defenders, but by enemy forces responding to the cries of help.  As my team mates slowly stood up and made their way back to the spawn point, I thought it was my chance to get out of there.  I dropped my spear and slowly started moving towards the gate.  I expected the enemy to cry foul and pounce upon me, but for some reason they didn't.  Instead one of the remaining two gate guards rushed over to me and asked for the flag back.  Looking at the guy holding his shield and sword and me with nothing but my dagger, I had no choice but to hand the flag back to the guy.  The guy held it for a while before giving back to the commander, who just got back from spawn, and ran off.  It soon became very quiet as there were two archers in the base, firing from the walls and only one person stood next to the gate.
Story time IMG_1001 
Now was my time to act.  I walked over to the commander, pulled my dagger, leaned over his shoulder and whispered in his ear  "Green!"  He turned and looked at me with a shocked expression before handing the flag over to me.  I quickly glanced around making sure both archers weren't looking before I took off.  I flew past the gate guard, who had no idea until his dead commander walked past him on his way to spawn.  Down the hill I raced, not bothering to look behind me.  At the foot of the hill an arrow wissed past my head which forced me to glance behind me.  Barreling down towards me was a shield man.  Where he was hiding, I do not know, but he was coming up very fast.  I turned to face him with flag in one hand and dagger in the other.

He swung towards my left mid-section, barley blocked by the flimsy flag while I countered with a cross stab to his shoulder.  His speed was greater than mine as he placed another shot on my right arm just as the dagger made contact.  I lost my arm and now only had the flag to defend my self with.  Maybe it was luck, or maybe I'm just that skilled, but the shield man died from that dagger shot.  I was dazed by the fact I was still alive.  It took another arrow flying to close to my head to make me turn and run like mad towards our base.

At our base I found the majority of the enemy were making an attempt to break the skirmish lines that had formed in front of the fort.  Knowing I had little time left before the enemy realized I had their flag, I charged right through.  Maybe it was skill or maybe luck, or maybe I had the drop on many people and of those who reacted, they could only hit my armored areas, but some how I made it into our base alive.  I quickly gave the flag over to one of our defenders before collapsing onto the cool grass.  However, the fight was not over...

(Photos taken from the only known source of photos of that event)
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

Story time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story time   Story time I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 12:56 am

Very Happy Awesome story Mordock, I can't wait to meet you and everyone else at this Fool's Raid. We need to get lots of pics, its gonna be fun.
Back to top Go down

Story time
Page 1 of 1