Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

another quick question

Go down 
+3
sasquatch
Phoxly
drakil
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

another quick question - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: another quick question   another quick question - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 5:55 pm

It would be a herald's call. If he aimed for the head, its illegal, if it slid up into the head/face region once the contact was made, its incidental and $#%& happens. If you watch the video, the initial contact is dead center, shield on shield.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: another quick question   another quick question - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 6:00 pm

Yeah it was a pretty great shot until it went to the ground, I read a thread where the guy explained what happened (in his sad words lol) aparently his face was smashed into the ground by the shield, and somewhere around :03 seconds into the video he got punched in the face either on accident or intentionally. From what I have seen/read of Gavin, he doesn't seem like THAT type of person.

The video looksl ike he just walked off, but you can tell he was 'circling' around to make sure he was okay. The guy who got shield bashed couldn't have been in a worse stance when he got hit, his feet were really close together.
Back to top Go down
K'urn

K'urn

PostSubject: Re: another quick question   another quick question - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 8:07 pm

LOL!! Gavin is a unit mate of mine. This video has been under enormous scrutiny since it surfaced. In my opinion Gavin should have excersized a little more restraint, but it is and was a legal bash. Gavin did ensure that Locksley was o.k. even though you can't really tell from the video.
Gavin is a BIG man, Locksley....not so much. Any one would have gon down from that bash.

K-
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: another quick question   another quick question - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 8:11 pm

LOL yeah there is alot of flaming going on about that video, and alot of people who actually knew what happened and the scenario defended it pretty well. When he hit Locksley on the ground those weren't serious hard hits anyway. It just looks so brutal Shocked
Back to top Go down
drakil

drakil

PostSubject: Re: another quick question   another quick question - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 10:48 pm

me and my father have decided to use sheet wood instead of cardboard same amount of cushing also we are now using pipe insulation a 1/2 in arond the pvc then a 1 in to give it same thinkness its just going to hit softer
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: another quick question   another quick question - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 10:55 pm

drakil wrote:
me and my father have decided to use sheet wood instead of cardboard same amount of cushing also we are now using pipe insulation a 1/2 in arond the pvc then a 1 in to give it same thinkness its just going to hit softer

A huge problem with that is pipe insulation breaks down rather easily, it will compact and start to get bumps in it where it hits other weapons and shields, as it compacts it will hit harder and lose its squishyness. Are you saying you are putting 2 layers of pipe insulation around it?

How thick is your PVC? Its too bad you couldn't have come to our weapons building day and we could have got you a good fiberglass core that is lighter than PVC and made you a blue camp foam sword. Maybe we'll have another one this month after Fool's Raid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: another quick question   another quick question - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

another quick question
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2