Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Army of the Dead...

Go down 
+4
sasquatch
Hxctemplar
Phoxly
konradr
8 posters
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

army of the dead - Army of the Dead... Empty
PostSubject: Army of the Dead...   army of the dead - Army of the Dead... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 7:12 am

Barak walked through the dark shadows of the forest. Amongst the trees were lean to's made of leaves and tree branches, where many of his men lounged about, chatted or slept. His army, numbering in the thousands, were camped in and amongst the shade of the great Northern forest.

"Come Talag, let's have a look." He spoke, while putting his black leather helmet tightly on his head. His black mane of hair dangled like a horse tail from behind it. A shorter man, limping slightly, dressed in black leather armor much like Barak, shuffled along beside him.

"Yes General."

They strolled casually along a well shaded lane cut through the trees. Here and there they nodded to dark forms lounging beneth the trees.

At the edge of the forest they gazed upon a scene bathed in bright sunlight. An open grass field led to the steep banks of a wide, swift flowing river. The General peered far to the right. A stone paved road was cut through the grass field and led to a wooden bridge. The bridge crossed the river halfway to an island. The island had a wall around it and soldiers strolling along the walls and the bridge. A flag hung from the farthest corner of the fort. The flag was a forked tail, khaki banner with a red star upon it.

"Barad'Dun." The general said with a flicker of laughter in his voice. "Beyond that river lies the richerst jewel in all the Southern Continent my friend." He said.

"Yes General." Talag said, snickering. He took a deep breath. "Ah, smells fat and juicy with rich plunder."

Both men laughed and Barak smacked young Talag on the shoulder. The smaller man's shoulder suddenly ripped off and hung limply by a thread of gray green meat and skin. There was no blood, and no scream of pain from Talag.

Both men slipped off their leather helmets, and their gray, gnarled, rotted faces shown slightly in the dim light of the forest.

"Sorry Talag, go see the medic and have him sew that back on."

"Yes sir." Talag grabbed his arm with his good hand, pulled the rotted limb off completely. "It's a good thing I'm already dead, or that would have hurt like hell."

Both men laughed and Talag wandered off.

Barak looked out again as a wagon train pulled along the bridge and was stopped and searched by the guards. After a short exchange of money, the wagons were on their way to Barad'Dun.

"Yes, lots of plunder, and lots of juicy live people for my army to Eat!" Barak said. He looked to the sky. "A few more hours to nightfall, and then we'll march."

The sun was more feared than the defender's of Barad'Dun, for Barak knew sunlight would instantly turn his dead warriors into ash heaps. He also didn't fear their weapons. Javelin's and arrows could only kill one of his men with a shot dead center of the forehead. Hits anywhere else were useless. The dead warriors having rotted flesh, but bone twice as dense as stone. Blue's could do nothing to arms and legs and had to hit a torso three times to kill. Red's could gimp on one two handed blow to an arm or leg, but it took two hits to the torso to kill. Gimped limbs regenerated in 5 seconds. Of course, kills were permanant, but so damned hard to do. Spears and green strikes had no effect whatsoever on his dead warriors. Barak was confident they would destroy this bridge garrison first, eat them second, then run rampant over the farms and villages of the Realm of Barad'Dun. This would force the Royal Army and the King's Mercenaries to take the field against them. Which is exactly what the General wanted, more to kill, more to eat, and then the city, with its shiny, golden tower, would be helpless.

Barak pulled his helmet back onto his grisly head, and followed the path back into the depths of the forest.

Meanwhile, away in the city of the Western Tower, his majesty, Surt, Adunakhor of the Realm of Barad'Dun, lay soaking in a huge, golden bathtub. Thick white bubbles blanketed the water, and steam as well as the aroma of frankincense and sandalwood, rose from the bubbling brew. Surt lay, head against the rim, seemingly in slumber as a chamber maid brought up another bucket of hot water and poured it into the huge tub.

"Thank you my dear." Surt said kindly, with his trademark gleaming smile, though he didn't open his eyes.

"Yes sire." The maiden said as she left the room and closed a thick wooden door behind her.

Surt did not stir.

Suddenly a bubble covered head arose from the water and gasped deeply for air.

"Is she.. finally... gone?" A woman's voice asked from within the mask of foam.

"Sorry. Yes she's gone."

The woman jumped out of the bath. "Good, I have to go, Thank you M'lord." She said, gingerly stepping out of the bathtub.

Surt opened an eye to pear at the woman's lovely form, even though the delicious parts were still hidden by soap bubbles.

"Must you go?"

"Yes, I have muster soon, for guard duty." She grabbed a pile of clothes lying in a corner of the room. Winked at the Adunakhor, and then dissappeared through a window that was open to the sunlight outside.

Surt watched her leave. He looked about the red, gold and khaki, tiled room and could see it was now empty of everyone save himself.

Draped over a chair by the wash basin, was a khaki tabard with the red sun of Barad'Dun on its right shoulder.

"Damn, she forgot her tabard. The Corsair in charge of the Guard is going to chew her a new ass." He shook his head. "And its such a lovely ass."

For a moment he sat up wondering to himself if he should fetch the tabard and have it taken to her, but then he laid his head back down on the cushion attached to the rim and sighed in private pleasure. No, he would soak a little longer, it had been a tiring day. He needed the rest.

"Ah, its good to be the king." He said quietly with a smile.

Then the strange smell hit him. A stink like no other drifted in lazily through the open window.

"Phew!" Surt said. "If that isn't an ill omen, I don't know what is." But still he did not stir from his bath. Soon he was fast asleep.

A silent voice seemed to float in with the wind.

"Yes, sleep O' Adunakhor of Barad'Dun, rest while you can, for at midnight, you will face an army like you have never fought before, an Army of the Dead. An army hungry for your blood. You and your people will be devoured in a night of bloodlust you have never seen, and your city will be burned to the ground."

A throaty laughter seemed to echo off the marbled walls of the room.

Surt suddenly sat up, eyes wide.

"Oh shit." He looked to the window, the sunlight was fading, and in the far distance, he could see the feint trail of a column of smoke rising from the Northern forest and the river of Galadra.

"That's coming from Blackwolf island" He jumped from his frothing Bath and rushed from the room without grabbing any of his clothing. "To Arms!!!" He yelled, "To Arms Barad'Dun, to Arms!!!"......................

To be continued, at a Barad'Dun battlefield near you.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Army of the Dead...   army of the dead - Army of the Dead... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 7:26 pm

This seems complicated. Sad Phoxly no understand.

Is this like some rediculous Humans vs Nonhumans stuff where its not fun to be either one of them?
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Army of the Dead...   army of the dead - Army of the Dead... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 10:52 pm

It's more of a scenario where we can base some Zombie games on, like zombie osgilith and zombie field battle and that zombie/survivor game you guys were talking about, but based on Barad'Dun.

But if you think its a fucking ridiculous idea, that's your opinion and you don't have to partake if you don't want to. You can sit on the sidelines and socialize.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Hxctemplar

Hxctemplar

PostSubject: Re: Army of the Dead...   army of the dead - Army of the Dead... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 11:12 pm

konradr wrote:
He also didn't fear their weapons. Javelin's and arrows could only kill one of his men with a shot dead center of the forehead. Hits anywhere else were useless. The dead warriors having rotted flesh, but bone twice as dense as stone. Blue's could do nothing to arms and legs and had to hit a torso three times to kill. Red's could gimp on one two handed blow to an arm or leg, but it took two hits to the torso to kill. Gimped limbs regenerated in 5 seconds. Of course, kills were permanant, but so damned hard to do. Spears and green strikes had no effect whatsoever on his dead warriors.

DAMN YOU KONRADR, NO SPEARS?!?!?! D,:
Back to top Go down
sasquatch

sasquatch

PostSubject: Re: Army of the Dead...   army of the dead - Army of the Dead... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 11:14 pm

have you played dnd no piercing weps really work on undead smashing is the best luckily
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/kookiecrazy
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Army of the Dead...   army of the dead - Army of the Dead... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 11:55 pm

konradr wrote:
It's more of a scenario where we can base some Zombie games on, like zombie osgilith and zombie field battle and that zombie/survivor game you guys were talking about, but based on Barad'Dun.

But if you think its a fucking ridiculous idea, that's your opinion and you don't have to partake if you don't want to. You can sit on the sidelines and socialize.

Konradr

I didn't realize what the rules were until I re-read them. I mispoke there. Its basically one side respawns, one side has supah armor and doesn't respawn? Yet they die easily to javies and headshots? What kind of weapon limitations would the zombies get?

I'm down for anything, just got confused in the story and trying to understand the ruleset.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Army of the Dead...   army of the dead - Army of the Dead... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 12:04 am

We can simplify the rules a little, I just want a small group of zombies that are true badasses, zombies from hell, hard to kill so the game will be scaaaaaarrrrryyyyyy.

Humans don't respawn, they are mortal. They can become zombies though, if not eaten entirely. One of the guys from Aggelgorod said in their zombie games, the zombies are immune to missiles and their limbs could regenerate in a 5 count. I liked the limb regen, keeps the gimp 'em go tactic not so effective. But everyone knows a shot to the forehead kills a zombie!

Konradr

Last edited by konradr on Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Army of the Dead...   army of the dead - Army of the Dead... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 12:06 am

Like the zombies that necromancers bring up with bone swords and shanks and things.
Back to top Go down
Morlock

Morlock

PostSubject: Re: Army of the Dead...   army of the dead - Army of the Dead... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 12:46 am

the scenario I like is when the undead team has a "king" that can raise the dead.

Undead team starts with king (Necromancer) and 2-5 zombies. As long as the king lives the zombies can regen limbs and come back from the dead in a 20 count. Once the king dies the zombies can not regen or reanimate. When a human dies they drop to the ground. The Nerco king must touch them before they too can walk the earth again. The human army's goal is to kill the king.

It is much funner when the king is someone in the human group...
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Army of the Dead...   army of the dead - Army of the Dead... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 12:50 am

The king necromancer also had epic armor... like 3 shots to a limb to kill them! I actually remember there being two Necromancers once, each Necromancer was against eachother, AND the humans.
Back to top Go down
caretaker

caretaker

PostSubject: Re: Army of the Dead...   army of the dead - Army of the Dead... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 4:05 am

Thank you guys for clarifying the game to me, I did not understand at first also:D
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/thomasalesterayers?re
Smithy
Admin
Smithy

PostSubject: Re: Army of the Dead...   army of the dead - Army of the Dead... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 7:21 am

On the by, I think I found a good plot for "Barad 'Dun, Modern Knights" in Idle Muses. Thanks Konradr. I'll elaborate more about it there at a later date.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Army of the Dead...   army of the dead - Army of the Dead... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 7:44 pm

An epic plot/scenario where some of us get turned into crazy zombies and are forced to fight against our own? Then we act it out in an epic battle next Saturday? Razz
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Army of the Dead...   army of the dead - Army of the Dead... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 7:30 am

Actually, I just thought that was such a great story beginning. I was kind of surprised no one actually asked the one questions I thought someone would ask..... Y'know, like, "Hey! Who's the girl in the bathtub with the king?".

Sorry, the king has sworn me to secrecy.
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Army of the Dead...   army of the dead - Army of the Dead... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 5:32 pm

Well it's not me. I think it's Heidi Klum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Army of the Dead...   army of the dead - Army of the Dead... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Army of the Dead...
Page 1 of 1