Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How

Go down 
+10
Sarabi
Alacian
caretaker
edgar dernhelm
Mordy the Gnome
Demie Zephyra
Surt
Hxctemplar
Phoxly
konradr
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How Empty
PostSubject: Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How   Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 4:17 pm

How can I forget....There I was, spear in hand, we, the Royal Army and the Black Lions and the other warriors of Barad'Dun were about to assault one of our Realm's Outposts that had fallen to the raiding forces. Caretaker was my shieldman. He looked at me with utter earnest in his eyes.

"Stick with me Konradr, and I shall protect you all the way through that line of the enemy." He said, and I knew he meant it even if it cost him his life in the bargain, and I trusted him completely.

Then the charge was sounded, and off we went. Caretaker like a Rabbit, I like a.....Turtle. Soon he was far ahead of me. Then it came, like a bolt of lightening, a javelin thrown by a Roman on the walls, stuck me square in the chest.

My dying words were, "Damn these old legs that couldn't give me enough speed to keep up with my shieldman................" And then I died.

Oh, sure I had a few kills here and there, but this one, though ending badly for me, really will stick in my head. Time for wind sprints damn it!!!

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How   Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 4:41 pm

Caretaker is good like that Very Happy I definitely need more exercise D:

I tried to take it easy on running and what not cuase the past few months I have had bad knee pains but in the present weeks it seems to get more and more tolerable, I can actually kneel down or do lunges without any pain. Thank you Dagorhir Very Happy

This weekend is one to remember for sure.
Back to top Go down
Hxctemplar

Hxctemplar

PostSubject: Re: Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How   Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 4:50 pm

Strangly enough, I only used a spear the entire time. I'm quite surprised that I had a lot of good moments throughout the raid.

One that stands out is when the leader of the Romans/St. George was advancing with 4 men. He was harrasing two of our shields, including demie. Me being the spear, I kept my guard up looking for something....and I fould it. It was reckless, dangerous.....but effective.
Taking a step back, I lunged my spear at my target....and hit! As the leader swung his sword out, I caught him right in the bicep, destroying his weapon arm. He looked at his arm, then at me with a nice grin. ''Nice shot!''

The moment was short lived however as a mystery weapon came out of nowhere and literally lunged into my stomach. As the air left my body i looked around; Edgar was carrying Veego's large red weapon. Knowing it wasn't a green, but still being honorable, I looked at him and said, ''Nice Shot Edgar!'' To my surprise he replied, ''That wasn't me Templar, I didn't even get to swing yet.''

Noone around us had large enough weapon to pack that strong of a force. Still, being a good sport, I took the mystery hit and went back to the respawn lol
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How   Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 5:16 pm

Black Lion's motto of the entire event from both Taco and Caretaker as we advanced in the unit battles and the Outpost 7 games. "Lets just have fun and kill some people."
Back to top Go down
Surt

Surt

PostSubject: Re: Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How   Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 5:39 pm

my favorite quote of the 2 days was on the second.

kilanos said, "that's the thing about head wounds. they tend to bleed a lot."

my favorite part by far was the raid battle. all the enemy forces massed against us and our fair city. and victory was ours!
Back to top Go down
https://baraddun.forumotion.net
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How   Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 5:42 pm

:3 Barad'Dun rules. I'm proud to say that I'm a part of it.

My favorite bit had to be the game we played on Sunday that was created in ten minutes.

It's nice being able to say that I was part of the first group to ever play Fools Ball or whatever the name was. =]
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How   Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 6:09 pm

Fool's Ball was fun, but I don't like the rules of engagement lol. Maybe it will catch on again next year Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mordy the Gnome

Mordy the Gnome

PostSubject: Re: Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How   Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 7:27 pm

I killed a dragon and I was the only one to score in fool's ball

I think I did pretty good
Back to top Go down
edgar dernhelm

edgar dernhelm

PostSubject: Re: Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How   Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 7:44 pm

DAM YOU MORDOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW DARE YOU SCORE A GOAL ON ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ILL GET YOU SOMEDAY!!!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil Razz LOL i loved fools ball hope we play again sometime Smile and the raid was awesome love every minute and every game such a blast and was very happy to be back out on the field of battle with everyone kickin ass Smile see you all next saterday Smile
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How   Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 7:48 pm

Mordock wrote:
I killed a dragon and I was the only one to score in fool's ball

I think I did pretty good

Killed a dragon on your own lol, I wish we had that on video Sad
Back to top Go down
caretaker

caretaker

PostSubject: Re: Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How   Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 8:03 pm

Don't worry my body was having a hard time keeping up with me too, lol:D It takes so much out of me, and anymore I spend the next couple days after anything Dag related milking my wounds and lying around sore in almost every part of my body.

I enjoyed the out post seven game and I enjoyed the champion battle:D It was nice to fight with some different people again. And I think I pulled a few rithiths a couple of times. It so silly, I snuck up on like 6 guys in the unit battle and got them all in the back before they could react. Got some good spear shots, used a red in a game for the first time:D

I really enjoyed meeting new people and seeing the forsaken again, It was quite a pleasure to check weapons and fight with them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/thomasalesterayers?re
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How   Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 8:09 pm

Yeah the forsaken were such an inspiration dude in that first Raid fight when Reverend and Nash just ran out into the 20+ people picking them off I couldn't help but just stare. I wanna get there in my skill level some day. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
caretaker

caretaker

PostSubject: Re: Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How   Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 8:51 pm

*nods* its amazing how people of that skill level can take out so many people. Like during the unit battle, they had to have killed at least 5X their count of people total. They fought real smart, they played a way that even numbers didn't matter to them. I agree, it was quite an inspiration. Lot of hard work, training, and time will make us better fighters. I think everyone has the capability, however, its a lot of work to break your learning curves:D
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/thomasalesterayers?re
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How   Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 8:59 pm

Yeah breaking my shield carrying habit was the worst Sad but Reverend had alot of great tips for it so now I just need to work on the shots Dash told me lol, simple stuff then build up from there (:

Real great bunch of guys, lookin forward to fighting with them again.
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How   Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 11:35 pm

Deleted.

Last edited by Alacian on Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How   Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 11:44 pm

Alacian wrote:
I can't help but giggle when thinking of the look on his face when I asked if he was that short, bald asshole with the Forsaken that everyone told me about.

-sigh- Yeah and in turn you made me look like a total dick cause you kept telling him I thought he was an asshole/dick and reminded me of par... That was not what I said. .___.

Oh well, I never got to apologize and make it up to him before I left. >__> Maybe next time I see him.

That "look" on his face was "Wtf, Imma kill someone."
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How   Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 11:54 pm

Deleted.

Last edited by Alacian on Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:27 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How   Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 11:57 pm

Okay <3 I just don't want to be the guy at events who makes a jerk of himself by saying something and having it taken out of context. I thought they were all great guys and enjoyed the lessons, yes he did grab my arm and hand and fully show me the shots, which is just like Tay-coo does ;D Dash seemed kind of anti-social on the last day and I didn't want it to be because he thought people hated him for some reason No

Last edited by Phoxly on Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How   Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 12:00 am

caretaker said:
Quote :
It takes so much out of me, and anymore I spend the next couple days after anything Dag related milking my wounds and lying around sore in almost every part of my body.

and I thought I was the only one! Amen Brother, Amen!!!

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How   Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 12:03 am

I was sore Sunday, but I clearly didn't push myself enough this past weekend Sad usually I am sore til Tuesday from a Saturday practice, only my thighs are sore today. >__< Konradr you are my hero when itc omes to Dag dude, I wish I was as active as you in my young age as you are in your older age. (Only as young as you feel!)
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How   Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 12:23 am

its hard for me to chose what was my favorite i was taking pictures so i got alot of good stuff but yeah i would have to say that my favorite was the fools ball it was just us nerds playing some good sunday ball! >.<
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
Morlock

Morlock

PostSubject: Re: Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How   Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 12:26 am

so back to the special memories story part...

3 stories I will share.

1) Assaulting the castle... It must have been during a goblin battle but I managed to live long enough to step inside the door way. To my front left there was a shield person (I think it was Anna) whom I attacked her leg. As she knelt down I glanced to my left and there was someone cowering next to the wall. Grinning I swung Gluttony towards him. I don't remember if it hit his leg, his shield, or if he blocked it, but he ended up grabbing the haft and hugged it to his body. I was ticked off because here was a great chance to use my dagger and I didn't have it. So I turned to the guy next to me who also happened to be a spear guy and asked him to kill this guy. He turned his spear on the poor soul and he too missed. This poor soul had somehow grabbed both weapons and hung on to them for dear life while cowering behind his shield and keeping his own sword in hand. Glancing a round I noticed the pommel of his sword was sticking out quiet a bit, so I reach over grabbed the pommel and rudely told him to "give me that!" I tore his own sword from his hands and then proceeded to beat the life out of him.
Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How 25003_419953636288_528141288_516365
Back to top Go down
Hxctemplar

Hxctemplar

PostSubject: Re: Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How   Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 12:47 am

Morlock wrote:
so back to the special memories story part...

3 stories I will share.

1) Assaulting the castle... It must have been during a goblin battle but I managed to live long enough to step inside the door way. To my front left there was a shield person (I think it was Anna) whom I attacked her leg. As she knelt down I glanced to my left and there was someone cowering next to the wall. Grinning I swung Gluttony towards him. I don't remember if it hit his leg, his shield, or if he blocked it, but he ended up grabbing the haft and hugged it to his body. I was ticked off because here was a great chance to use my dagger and I didn't have it. So I turned to the guy next to me who also happened to be a spear guy and asked him to kill this guy. He turned his spear on the poor soul and he too missed. This poor soul had somehow grabbed both weapons and hung on to them for dear life while cowering behind his shield and keeping his own sword in hand. Glancing a round I noticed the pommel of his sword was sticking out quiet a bit, so I reach over grabbed the pommel and rudely told him to "give me that!" I tore his own sword from his hands and then proceeded to beat the life out of him.

OMG I remember that! lol

Ya, I went in and Rilith grabbed both of our spears. I barely missed but it got tucked underneath his left arm. Surprisingly he lasted like, a minute before Morlock here killed him lol
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How   Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 12:59 am

There was some crazy guy when I was Heralding that first fight who charged in and grabbed someone's spear and then after they killed him he still had ahold of it on the ground curled up around it, people were BEATING The holy crap out of this guy and I couldn't get in through the fight to tell him he had to let go of it, so eventually someone beat him enough he let go and rolled off to the sides, I just shook my head and laughed.

Oh and Kilanos LOL I'm standing there next to the wall Heralding and I keep hearing things fly by my head, ears, really close to my shoulders and I look around and he's there shooting arrows around me. "Do you need me to move?" I asked, "Nope, you are my shield.". ROFL I naturally moved cause that was probably unfair to the other archers, but it made me snicker.
Back to top Go down
Kilanos

Kilanos

PostSubject: Re: Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How   Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 3:21 am

rofl. I remember that phoxly. First battle and when you moved I said, damn now I actually have to make an effort.

My favorite memory was during the first unit battle when I was leading the skirmishers. We hit the first group hard and wiped the floor with them so I raised my sword and yelled "skirmishers to me!" turned around and all the skirmishers were lined up behind me ready to continue. My mouth almost hit the ground at the amount of teamwork. Later the same fight we were all split and had just Reverened left arching and I yelled skirmishers on the archer and saw 7 of the original 8 converge on him at the same time and took him out.

All of Barad'Dun fought amazingly well together and with our visitors. I was more proud then ever to be a member of our realm.

-Kil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How   Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Special memories of Fool's Raid 2010?How
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next