Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Monthly Realm Champion Tournament.

Go down 
+6
Sarabi
caretaker
Phoxly
Surt
sasquatch
konradr
10 posters
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

Monthly Realm Champion Tournament. Empty
PostSubject: Monthly Realm Champion Tournament.   Monthly Realm Champion Tournament. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 7:23 am

Okay, this is something I want to start this month. I think it would be good to do at Althing. I'm copying it from when I was in the SCA they would have a Tournament for "Baronial Champion" but it was not every month, instead they would have an "End of the month" tournament. I think the Baronial champion was like every 6 months or something.

Anyhow, it will be a sword and board tournament only. Its once a month so I think Althing would be the best time for it. It will be called the "Realm Champion Tournament."

The winner of the Tournament will be listed in the Realm Achievement scroll as that months Realm Champion.

The winner will be given the Realm Champion Belt sash to wear for the entire coming month. At the next month's Tournament day, he must relinquish the Sash to the next month's winner.

The winner of the Realm champion tournament from the previous month can not participate in the tournament for the next month, instead they must Herald that tournament and then award the sash to the new Realm Champion.

I will use one of the sewn black sashes to make the Realm Champion sash.

Everyone may enter. Participants from other Realms may enter as well, but can not keep the sash. They can be awarded it, but then it must be given to a Realm officer to be set aside until the next month's tourney.

Everyone is encouraged to enter and try their best.

The tournament will be conducted as follows:

Each participant will draw a card.

Each participant will fight 3 preliminary fights as a warm up.

The round robbin will goes as follows:

The herald will shufflle the deck. The deck will only contain the cards the fighters have drawn. The fighter must remember which card they drew. The herald will set the cards on a table and then draw the first two cards. These will be the fighters to fight. Those cards will be set in a discard pile. The next two cards will be drawn, etc, etc, etc. Once all cards have been drawn, the cards will be shuffled again and the same proceedure done until each participant has fought 3 rounds. If the number of participants is odd, the herald will draw a random card from the discharge pile so that the odd fighter can fight too even if it means another fighter(s) will fight more than 3 round robbin fights.

The next round will be the elimination round. The Herald will shuffle the cards again and begin the drawing sequence. Only this time, the winners card will be placed on the bottom of the deck, while the loosers is discarded permanantly.

This will continue until the last two fighters are left.

These two will fight a best of 5 round of combat.

The winner is the Realm Champion for the ensuing month, and will be awarded the Champion belt sash to wear at practice/events til the next tournament.

What do you guys think???

Konradr

Last edited by konradr on Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
sasquatch

sasquatch

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Realm Champion Tournament.   Monthly Realm Champion Tournament. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 7:28 am

i like it sounds like fun
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/kookiecrazy
Surt

Surt

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Realm Champion Tournament.   Monthly Realm Champion Tournament. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 7:40 am

nothing like friendly competetion!
Back to top Go down
https://baraddun.forumotion.net
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Realm Champion Tournament.   Monthly Realm Champion Tournament. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 2:02 pm

sweet idea! I can't wait! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
caretaker

caretaker

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Realm Champion Tournament.   Monthly Realm Champion Tournament. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 10:58 pm

I agree. Lets do it!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/thomasalesterayers?re
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Realm Champion Tournament.   Monthly Realm Champion Tournament. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 9:32 am

i think it sounds fun and i think it will give people a challenge to want to make it to the top or just another fun game
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
Mordy the Gnome

Mordy the Gnome

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Realm Champion Tournament.   Monthly Realm Champion Tournament. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 12:58 am

I like the idea. It makes dagorhir seem much more competitive too. Something to really train for
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Realm Champion Tournament.   Monthly Realm Champion Tournament. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 7:03 am

Our fist one is this Sunday at Spring Valley park. You know the spot. Bring it on!

Konradr
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Realm Champion Tournament.   Monthly Realm Champion Tournament. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 6:54 pm

Here's the Champion Sash I painted up. Ok, test your barad'Dun knowledge, what does the symbol represent (each part) Ok, the Runes mean "champion", the other symbol(s) are from Barad'Dun history.

Monthly Realm Champion Tournament. Champi10
Monthly Realm Champion Tournament. Champi11
Monthly Realm Champion Tournament. Champi12

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Realm Champion Tournament.   Monthly Realm Champion Tournament. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 7:26 pm

I only recognize the royal army thing.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Realm Champion Tournament.   Monthly Realm Champion Tournament. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm

There's nothing "Royal Army" about it. Though the Royal Army does use the Realm's Red sun as it's uniform symbol. *Sigh* since noone knows their Realm history...

It is the Tomb of Barathor, the original Adunakhor of the REALM OF BARAD'DUN. The tomb is a pyramid made of the same golden/amber stone that the great tower is made of. The Red Star is one of the symbols of the REALM, the other being the golden tower itself. Barathor's skull is placed in its center. The eternal flame burns atop the tomb and legend has it that as long as the flame burns true, Barathor's spirit watches over the Realm.

Konradr

Last edited by konradr on Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sasquatch

sasquatch

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Realm Champion Tournament.   Monthly Realm Champion Tournament. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 7:36 pm

hmm let me take astab at this... barathur's skull first barad'dun king the sybol of barad'dun star and the pyramid represents the tournament starting of with many stones like challengers and gets smaller until one shines above the rest?
Back to top Go down
sasquatch

sasquatch

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Realm Champion Tournament.   Monthly Realm Champion Tournament. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 8:00 pm

ack didn't realize konrade already posted it do not listn to me
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Realm Champion Tournament.   Monthly Realm Champion Tournament. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 8:36 pm

Ah shit I should have atleast known that Konradr o___O the skull and demie's oathing .__. and I thought the red sun was the Royal Army sign, not our Realm signal.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Realm Champion Tournament.   Monthly Realm Champion Tournament. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 6:30 am

I like your interpretation to Sasquatch. We can say that as well, its a multi-symbolic symbol. Very Happy

Konradr
Back to top Go down
sasquatch

sasquatch

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Realm Champion Tournament.   Monthly Realm Champion Tournament. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 7:15 am

well i don't feel like doofus as much now so yay
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Realm Champion Tournament.   Monthly Realm Champion Tournament. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 4:23 pm

Praise be to Barathor!

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Realm Champion Tournament.   Monthly Realm Champion Tournament. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 5:44 pm

"its a multi-symbolic symbol."

This is usually what happens to most symbols.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Realm Champion Tournament.   Monthly Realm Champion Tournament. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 7:53 am

We will be changing the format of the Barad'Dun Monthly Champion's tournament starting with Augusts Althing.

I based the Champion's tourment on my SCA experience whereby all Champion or Crown tournaments are Sword and board. Sword and Board being like the 'Basic fundamental fighting style' which everyone should know. However other's have stated that the title of "champions" tournament in our fighting society means someone who is schooled in their primary fighting style or all fighting styles.

From now on, the winning champion will decide what kind of tournament will be fought at the next Althing when they will Herald. The champion will have to notify the Realm no later than the last Realm practice before Althing. The tournament can be a weapons style only (blue, red, green, sword and blue, two weapons etc) or Open (any weapon style chosen by the individual fighter).

If a fighter does not want to compete in a certain weapon's style, it is their option not to compete. I, for one, would probably not compete in a red only or florentine weapon's tournament, but I know we have fighters in the realm who would excel in either.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Smithy
Admin
Smithy

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Realm Champion Tournament.   Monthly Realm Champion Tournament. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:05 am

And it would help diversify knowledge of weapons usage.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Realm Champion Tournament.   Monthly Realm Champion Tournament. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 2:27 pm

Spear tournament Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Realm Champion Tournament.   Monthly Realm Champion Tournament. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 3:57 pm

im down for this....

Smile
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Realm Champion Tournament.   Monthly Realm Champion Tournament. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 11:58 pm

I like this. Good thinking Konradr.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Realm Champion Tournament.   Monthly Realm Champion Tournament. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monthly Realm Champion Tournament.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Barad'Dun The Western Tower :: Chapter News-
Jump to: