Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Royal Army Ranking.

Go down 
+4
Morlock
Knubbs
Phoxly
konradr
8 posters
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

Royal Army Ranking. Empty
PostSubject: Royal Army Ranking.   Royal Army Ranking. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 5:48 pm

I appologize to the Realm for taking up Realm space on Royal Army matters.

Those of you wishing to rank this weekend must read this notice.

You must show us your prerequisites to rank on Saturday april 24. Then if we have time we will conduct ranking on Saturday or probably first thing on Sunday at Althing. There must be at least 2 officers in attendance when you present your prerequisite's and both officers must be in agreement as to weather you qualify.

Prerequisites will not be waived. The following must be brought and physically demonstrated...

If you have not shown us your written bio for your character, you must bring and show it to us.

For Corsair you must own one basic weapon. (no flails) New Garb Requirement, for corsair you must own one set of good garb, that is one top, one bottom and one pair of acceptable shoes.

For Narbu you must have 2 sets of good garb. This means, 2 tops, 2 bottoms, and at least one pair of acceptable shoes. You must bring all your garb and present them to us.

For Narbu you must also have your Preferred kit (this is the style you have chosen to be your preferred fighting style.) Examples: If it is Sword and Board you must own a sword and shield. If it is florentine, you must own two swords. If it is spear, you must own a spear and secondary weapon, etc. NO flails at this rank.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Royal Army Ranking.   Royal Army Ranking. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 7:05 pm

Konradr I don't think anyone minds you posting Royal Army stuff on the Realm forum after all, you guys are the protectors of Barad'Dun and... the Black Lions are... the specialized mercs of Barad'Dun? (: I for one enjoy seeing the rank ups and dagger fights between yall.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Royal Army Ranking.   Royal Army Ranking. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 3:47 am

I apologize to the Royal Army for any confusion over the Ranking of late. Let me explain.

When Kurn first revealed the Codex to us back in the day, if you remember, it was only the first draft. He and Surt had intended to finalize the codex and get back to us. Neither where able to as the winds of fate took both away. Surt has come back but his life outside of Dagorhir hasn't been conducive to him really being able to concentrate 100% on these matters. So it has fallen to myelf, Smithy and Knubbs to work these details out. As they get finalized we will tell you the new rules and eventually get them written and printed and hand each of you a finalized vesion of the Royal Army Codex. Please bear with us.

We've reenforced the ranking requirements, and the latest change is this.

Initiates will be welcomed to the Royal Army by a one on one fight with each member of the Royal Army present. The initiate will be immune to all blows, and must kill all members of the Royal Army.

Successful Rankings will be followed by a mass barrel in of the Royal Army. The one who successfully ranked will fight every member of the Royal Army at the Same time. The ranker will be immune to all blows and must kill all members of the Royal Army, no matter how long it takes.

Initiates who pass their initial 6 month trial may then attempt to Rank to Corsair if they meet all the requirements. (One set of good garb, one basic weapon, a character outline) If they fail, they may try again at the end of the next month and so on.

Corsair's who pass their 3 month trial period may then attempt to Rank to Narbu if they meet all the requirements. (Two sets of good garb, your preferred kit and your charater bio's) If they fail they must wait 2 months before they can test again.

All rank requirements must be presented to and agreed upon by at least 2 of the officers of the Royal Army, or the leader of the Royal Army.

Sentinel, this has yet to be finalized other than if you fail to rank for Sentinel you will have to wait 3 months to attempt the test again. More to come.

Adunabar, yet to be finalized including the wait time for failure to rank. More to come.

Nothing more to say, other than, more to come as we hammer out the details and finalize the document and then print it for you.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: Royal Army Ranking.   Royal Army Ranking. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 4:12 am

I just want to say thanks to all the army and the realm for being patient with this.

Its something that has been a top priority in a list of OMG pew pew things to do.

Were still a young realm that has to get somethings stamped out and then they'll be done for a long time.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Morlock

Morlock

PostSubject: Re: Royal Army Ranking.   Royal Army Ranking. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 4:25 am

Wow Shocked Just to be a devil's advocate;

First go around fighting every member 1 v 1 where I can ignore all hits? Suspect sounds rough for a noobie and, for a noobie, promotes not taking hits.

Then a mass fight v 1 where the person can again ignore all hits? Personally, I'd just take a dagger/rock and tackle each person one by one. what would the point be of even having the mass group hold weapons?

One basic weapon... Can that be a rock? How about a dagger? Does armor count as garb? Why the flail hate?

Preferred Kit. Suppose that is grapple? And must I really have a second weapon for a spear kit? Could it be a buckler instead? Why must it be two swords for dual wield? Why not flail and sword, or jav and sword, or dagger and rock?

9 months to get 2 sets of garb? Kinda pushing hard on garb? Sure, I have 2 sets, not including armor, but it took me years to acquire them. jocolor I'd say two sets by Sentinel would be fair as the person has 6 months between each set.

Also take a look at Fugl Brenna's Rank system. May help you with ideas Wink
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Royal Army Ranking.   Royal Army Ranking. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 4:51 am

Initiates are not new to the Realm and fighting, only to the Royal Army. The barrel in is not a test or teaching of fighting, it is simply to show heart and stay with the fight.

The Royal Army is set along the lines of a disciplined army with regulations and these are the demands the Army makes of its members. The person who wrote up the original Codex and set up the Realm has 23 years experience in Dagorhir and is judgement is sound and still revered amongst those who served under him.

Again the listing in the codex will be worded more thouroughly, the above descriptions are just quick notes. Most members have an actual printed version of the original codex or no where it is available online. A basic weapon is a considered a blue, not a rock.

The Royal Army is set up so that each member will shine and show their dedication by aquiring the Requirements neccessary to achieve Rank. Rank given to easily will show in a poor unit without discipline or heart.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

PostSubject: Re: Royal Army Ranking.   Royal Army Ranking. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 8:22 am

Morlock wrote:
Wow Shocked Just to be a devil's advocate;

First go around fighting every member 1 v 1 where I can ignore all hits? Suspect sounds rough for a noobie and, for a noobie, promotes not taking hits.

Then a mass fight v 1 where the person can again ignore all hits? Personally, I'd just take a dagger/rock and tackle each person one by one. what would the point be of even having the mass group hold weapons?

One basic weapon... Can that be a rock? How about a dagger? Does armor count as garb? Why the flail hate?

Preferred Kit. Suppose that is grapple? And must I really have a second weapon for a spear kit? Could it be a buckler instead? Why must it be two swords for dual wield? Why not flail and sword, or jav and sword, or dagger and rock?

9 months to get 2 sets of garb? Kinda pushing hard on garb? Sure, I have 2 sets, not including armor, but it took me years to acquire them. jocolor I'd say two sets by Sentinel would be fair as the person has 6 months between each set.

Also take a look at Fugl Brenna's Rank system. May help you with ideas Wink

Like Konradr said the barreling is only to get the initiate to be fierce in battle and show heart. It is not required for the realm, so if someone thinks it's too rough well they don't have to join the Unit. But most of the time, Dagorhir is all about barreling, very rarely will you fight through solely 1vs1.

We consider a basic weapon a blue because it is the most common type in Dagorhir. Armor does not count as garb because it is armor, and we don't lower ranks use flails because of our own personal views. Grappling cannot be a preferred kit because it isn't a kit, it is a physical action. We teach our spearmen to carry side-arms so they can protect themselves up close, a buckler can only do so much but it will never kill your opponent(but that doesn't mean you can't wear one). Florentine can be two of any blue/green weapon, Konradr just mistyped that. 9 months is what we require for 2 sets and it's not hard if you are trying to do it, this is simple garb, not extravagant noble's wear or anything.

Our ranking system is a simple and efficient system that promotes camaraderie and dedication, but we are still hammering out the minor details.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Royal Army Ranking.   Royal Army Ranking. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 2:23 pm

The Black Lions do a barrel in upon joining, but getting barreled in upon Rank-up vs EVERYONE at ONCE that would be so overwhelming from getting hit and stabbed and shieldkicked by 7-10 people all at once that I'd probably just rage quit, when I was barelled in for my initiation into the BL they all stood in a line and I had to fight each of the Lions as hard as I could, I had 2 lives for each person, and there were 6 people back to back. Whether I lost my 2 lives or killed them I kept fighting one after another. If it was simply an all vs one fight it would literally be too overwhelming to throw any decent shots or fighting techniques into the mix from so many hits I'd think.

The "immune to hits" that Morlock says cheapens is a good concept in that the fighter can simply keep fighting and not have to worry about dying, but you could simply give them unlimited lives instead and achieve the same thing while making them take their hits.

I look forward to seeing some of the Royal Army participate in these ranking antics in the future! Smile
Back to top Go down
sasquatch

sasquatch

PostSubject: Re: Royal Army Ranking.   Royal Army Ranking. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 5:19 pm

well i like the barrelling for that exact reason phoxly if you don't want to get destroyed you have to use your mind and try and make it as much one on one as you can you got ten guys coming at you you have to pick who you can lure away and take them down...kinda like the forsaken at fool's raidi mean they had to take their hits but they would have at least 5 people on them so it is not as bad as you would think we can be killed and injured you can not so overall it is us who will be losing we just wanna make sure you can deal with it
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/kookiecrazy
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Royal Army Ranking.   Royal Army Ranking. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 5:34 pm

It will be interesting to see how it plays out, as far as strategy for it I'd definitely want to stay moving and pick off the fast ones first, make sure you guys video tape it too! Smile
Back to top Go down
Mordy the Gnome

Mordy the Gnome

PostSubject: Re: Royal Army Ranking.   Royal Army Ranking. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 3:01 am

To each realm their own I say. What it comes down to is putting it to work and see if it produces improvement. For future reference, I would encourage all non- Royal Army to with hold opinions. I think as a unit, the discussion is between them(unless of course they ask for it). I think you're best bet Konradr, is to hold these kinds of things at your unit practice as to filter out non-unit comments. This way these things can be reviewed by current members only. As for new comers start a sticky to tell want to be initiates to PM the higher ranks to inquire about joining.

But of course, I'm only a gnome...
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Royal Army Ranking.   Royal Army Ranking. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 6:13 am

Actually we have our own Royal Army forum, but since not everyone is on it despite my pleas for them to join, I felt compelled to put info here as well. As soon as everyone is on board the Unit forum, I would feel better discussing unit stuff strictly with them. Not that I don't appreciate your guys' opinions.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
sasquatch

sasquatch

PostSubject: Re: Royal Army Ranking.   Royal Army Ranking. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 6:17 am

w/e i go on everyday
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Royal Army Ranking.   Royal Army Ranking. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 6:26 am

Me too. I wish everyone would check everyday and post anything pertinent to the unit. Maybe we should have a roll call everyday and when you sign on you have to post that you are present for duty for the day?

Konradr Present for late night duty as always.
Back to top Go down
sasquatch

sasquatch

PostSubject: Re: Royal Army Ranking.   Royal Army Ranking. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 6:43 am

hehe lolz
Back to top Go down
caretaker

caretaker

PostSubject: Re: Royal Army Ranking.   Royal Army Ranking. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 9:12 am

My view is different. This is our realm and we are all each others people right? There is nothing wrong with conversation Mordock:p As far as I know, we have no secrets or anything worth keeping from people. This is just a game, we are here to enjoy the game and enjoy each others company. It's silly to tell someone to not do something to get them to not do something.(Re-read that, it will make sense, lol) However, I feel its perfectly okay to speak your mind, let others do what they want, and just let everyone enjoy themselves. Phoxly meant nothing with his opinion other than conversation:D I love talking as much as I love listening:D Its a good way to create relationships and bonding's with people:D

However, Im just a Caretaker, what do I know:D hehe

(I mean this humorous, and laying out my opinion, the right everyone was given) When people keep things in, it builds as a negative emotion eventually....and then people start bonking heads.

Our activity is on and off, and is mostly for shits and giggles. Its our way of not pushing on our excitements:D Barad'Dun is our family, The Black Lions and The Royal Army are like the brothers and sisters within our family:D

Konradr, I appreciate your opinion too. I appreciate everyone's opinions!!!Very Happy I always want to learn more.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/thomasalesterayers?re
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Royal Army Ranking.   Royal Army Ranking. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 5:03 pm

I, of course, believe in the Brothers/sisters in arms thing, whole heartedly. But there will be competition between the units, it will come weather we want it or not. Its how we handle it that matters. Like Caretaker I believe in one realm, one people, despite which unit we belong to.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
sasquatch

sasquatch

PostSubject: Re: Royal Army Ranking.   Royal Army Ranking. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 6:22 pm

same here
Back to top Go down
caretaker

caretaker

PostSubject: Re: Royal Army Ranking.   Royal Army Ranking. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 6:29 pm

We'll wait until after yestare i think, however, I'm still up for the unit battles with just us:D Nothing better than some brothers and sisters beating each other up:p
Back to top Go down
Mordy the Gnome

Mordy the Gnome

PostSubject: Re: Royal Army Ranking.   Royal Army Ranking. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 12:25 am

Okies :]

Not that I said we as units should keep things secret, I just thought that the ranking system was geting too much opinion before being put to practice. I'm up for everything and everything is valid.

as for the "im just a gnome" part, that was fer fun. we're a troublesome/hard to trust kind Laughing
Back to top Go down
caretaker

caretaker

PostSubject: Re: Royal Army Ranking.   Royal Army Ranking. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 12:40 am

This is off topic again.

I just think that outside sources are great for getting info, unbiased info too.

I was just playing too:D I knew what you meant, i just wanted to throw my cents in:D

jocolor
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: Royal Army Ranking.   Royal Army Ranking. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 5:47 am

Thank you all for your opinions.

It has been enlightening.

now time for bed.... sleep... tired.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Royal Army Ranking.   Royal Army Ranking. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Royal Army Ranking.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Barad'Dun The Western Tower :: General News-