Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Stupid things not to do when you're an old Viking....

Go down 
+2
Hxctemplar
konradr
6 posters
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

Stupid things not to do when you're an old Viking.... Empty
PostSubject: Stupid things not to do when you're an old Viking....   Stupid things not to do when you're an old Viking.... I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 7:47 am

Okay, so this is how my day has gone.

First of all, to set up the story, last week I was flossing and the floss got stuck in my back teeth. So I pulled real hard and out came a 25 year old filling. This thing I got in the Army and its huge. I mean, it is about a 1/3rd of one of my back molars. Damn! No pain, so I bought some of that temporary filling putty you can get at CVS/Walgreens and have been using that. Got no money for teeth right now.

Jump forward in time. I've been trying to make and repair weapons for the big journey to Yestare. I got about half the work done. I made a red, and that took alot of my time and alot of my materials. Today was field day at my kids school so I had to go, even though I was itching to get to work at home and finish the red and another sword. So I spent most of the day at school watching my kids run around and get wet.

When I left, I still had like two hours even though I would really like to have took a nap, and I had to eat breakfast cuz I didn't eat when I took the kids to school. So I stopped at walmart to get something for my wife for mother's day, something for breakfast/lunch and some large woman's tights to cover my red.

So I'm finishing my red, the wife calls me a hundred times. Finally I finish the red. (I tested it on Romeo, he says its stiff, I'll have to let you weapon's checkers make the final decision, maybe it needs another layer of foam. Romeo says test it on Sasquatch's back cuz nothing hurts him) Anyhow, I finish the red when my wife comes home. I'm tired and thinking I'd like to take a nap before work, but I want to finish this other sword. The core, grip and pommel are done, I just need to foam the blade. So I start on the blade. I use doublesided duct tape then after cutting out the last layer, I run out of the tape. Damn! I could run to the store, but no time. Also, no more money, bummer.

So I'm tempted to just leave the sword til next week, but you know I hate to leave things undone. Then I start to rush. The DAP in the shed is dry and useless. So I figure I have no choice, it will have to wait for time and money. But Aha! I have a tube of Shoe goo in my tool bag. So I guess I'll shoe goo the last blade.

Ok, here come the meat and potatoes, listen good, don't be an old crodgity viking in a rush. I go outside, cuz the wife doesn't like the smell of glue in the house. I'm outside I go to open the cap of the glue and it won't budge. So hell, I bite down on it and twist. Yeah, I think I'm a kid with Iron teeth!. So there's a cracking and peaces are in my mouth. Yep, part of the plastic cap broke off. I spit it out. No, wait, there's more in my mouth, but wait a minute. Why does that side of my mouth feel funny when my tounge touches it? Oh shit. I spit out the chunk and yep, its half a tooth. Damn it, the tooth that already had 1/3rd of it missing cuz that filling fell out, now only has 1/3 left because I broke half of it off.

I was in a rush and didn't feel like going back into the house and getting my pliers. Luckily, there's no pain, so I bought more of that temporary filling stuff on the way to work and have to be careful how I eat. I don't have monies for teeth at the moment (Plus I hate going to the dentist) If I have pain, it may affect my plans on going to Yestare. I will wait and see.

Anyhow, the moral is, Your teeth are not Iron. Get some damn pliers!!!

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Hxctemplar

Hxctemplar

PostSubject: Re: Stupid things not to do when you're an old Viking....   Stupid things not to do when you're an old Viking.... I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 8:17 am

Ah, that hella sucks Konradr!!! D:

That's crazy; I started working on a max blue/min red (not sure how long it will be when its done) and right when I was about to put the first blade on, ran out of tape! Sadly won't be able to get anything until after yestare
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Stupid things not to do when you're an old Viking....   Stupid things not to do when you're an old Viking.... I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 11:24 pm

What a day! o__O
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Stupid things not to do when you're an old Viking....   Stupid things not to do when you're an old Viking.... I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 3:31 am

Sasquatch, I don't know if that temporary filling putty will hold if you have no tooth left, only a hole. Check that cavity gum they have a walgreens. Maybe it will hold to gum and keep stuff out and numb the hole.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
sasquatch

sasquatch

PostSubject: Re: Stupid things not to do when you're an old Viking....   Stupid things not to do when you're an old Viking.... I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 4:02 am

i will look it up fo sho
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/kookiecrazy
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Stupid things not to do when you're an old Viking....   Stupid things not to do when you're an old Viking.... I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 10:51 am

actally it does i've been using it for about 4 months now i have a whole half of my tooth gone right now cause i can't make it to a dentist but make sure you get the purple bottle that says Maximum hold for me it lasts a couple weeks. cause i chew on that side. but yeah i know it works ok with holes but i can't say for sure cause i don't know what it looks like... how the cavity is i mean. mine is in between my tooth and half a tooth.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Stupid things not to do when you're an old Viking....   Stupid things not to do when you're an old Viking.... I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 10:53 am

Back to top Go down
Isk

Isk

PostSubject: Re: Stupid things not to do when you're an old Viking....   Stupid things not to do when you're an old Viking.... I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 12:03 am

Also, chewing clove can help with the pain if you have any. It's a reasonable topical analgesic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.antirdearg.com
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Stupid things not to do when you're an old Viking....   Stupid things not to do when you're an old Viking.... I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 12:31 am

Thats what I got Akeria, well, I'm not sure its the Maximum hold one, but its in a purple bottle. I had a cherry flavoured one and that was cool, when it came off you would taste the cherry chunks.

I remember in that movie "marathon man" (1970ish)with Dustin Hoffman and lawrence oliver (?) Oliver was a nazi war criminal, a doctor or dentist, and Dustin was the brother of an FBI man that had been involved in some way. They killed the brother then kidnapped Dustin to find out what he knew. Anyhow Oliver drilled a hole threw Dustin's tooth as torture. He could make it hurt or he could put "Oil of Clove" on it to take the pain away. So I guess a bottle of Oil of Clove would be a natural pain killer to tooth problems.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Stupid things not to do when you're an old Viking....   Stupid things not to do when you're an old Viking.... I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 1:12 am

clove is good i actually have clove medicine that i don't mind giving you i had a tooth replaced and they put a temporary tooth on made out of cloves and everything tasted like cloves so i can't have it it makes me sick but yeah for sure i will give you what i have for teeth! every time the holding stuff comes out i make sure to use mouth wash to kill any surfaced bacteria. also most doctors if you go for a visit will give you a antibiotic cause you can't get addicted to them. so it's not like lortab but you have to ask. when i was in Utah i just went to a doctor and told them i couldn't afford a dentist appointment but needed to get rid of the pain and asked for anti biotic i don't know how it is in Vegas but that's something you can try. as soon as i can i'm just gonna get it pulled out cause i don't have money for a root canal. and by now i don't think my tooth is savable. unless they put like a cap on it. i think i might also have some heavy Ibuprofen that i used if your not allergic to it my mom is awesome and just gave me all her left over lortab from her las kidney stone. so when it hurts i just use have a lortab and i'm out. lol so yeah i'll see what i can give you!
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Stupid things not to do when you're an old Viking....   Stupid things not to do when you're an old Viking.... I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 1:52 am

Yeah, my wife keeps saying pull them out. I have another really bad tooth, they gave me antibiotic to kill the infection then depending on how much I wanted to pay, like $800 to cap it or $175 or something like that to have it pulled. I still have the referral and xrays for the oral surgeon, but no money. So I'll wait, and when I have to go, I guess it will be both pulled.

I have some leftover Flouride stuff too from the last time I went to the dentist and they cleaned my teeth. They say to mix it with water and rinse to strength the roots. It helps when I feel some pain I rinse with that and it seem to help cleanse it.

Oddvar says to rinse with Hydrogen peroxide and I think that will help too.

Konradr

Our "how to fix a toothache/hole in the tooth, etc," topic.
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Stupid things not to do when you're an old Viking....   Stupid things not to do when you're an old Viking.... I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 7:30 am

well if there is anything i can help with let me know i'm bringing both things of the temporary stuff i have multiple plastic applicators so if you need to use some let me know >.<
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stupid things not to do when you're an old Viking....   Stupid things not to do when you're an old Viking.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stupid things not to do when you're an old Viking....
Page 1 of 1