Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

The Orc Band in the Alundra Valley...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

The Orc Band in the Alundra Valley... Empty
PostSubject: The Orc Band in the Alundra Valley...   The Orc Band in the Alundra Valley... I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 8:42 am

"They are Uruk Hai." Heretic said with a grimace.

"Uruk Hai?" Surt said with a questioning glance. "Here?" He looked first at Heretic and then at Smithy. Both men nodded. Smithy points to the map scroll rolled over Surt's table.

"They've come down from the North and are marching along the river Sethya in the Alundra valley."

Surt studied the map, following the line of the valley as it snaked its way down through the northern part of the Western mountains and led eventually to Barad'Dun.

"Do we know their numbers? Their intentions? Maybe they are mercenaries seeking employment with the Army."

"We sent a Sentinel with a cavalry detachment as herald to find out." Heretic said.

"And? What did he find out?" Surt asked.

Smithy lifted a wicker basket with a linen cover and removed the linen. Surt looked in and winced.

"Oh, poor Chetznic, he was a good Sentinel. We'll miss him." He said. Smithy replaced the cover and set down the basket.

"One man got away. An Orc in our service. He threw away his Royal Army Tabard and pretended to be Uruk Hai until he could escape." Smithy said. "He tells us its a small band, They are armored in iron helmets and torso curaiss's. Strong brutes to be sure, but strange is their leader."

"How so?" Surt asked.

"He's a Troll." Heretic said.

"Yes, a big mutha too." Smithy grunted. "A mountain Troll named Hoglec."

"I've never heard of him." Surt said, scratching his head in thought, "But I know someone who might have."

Later that morning, Surt enters the training compound of the Black Lions, his favourite mercenary band in Barad'Dun. Smithy and Heretic follow him.

Taco, the mountain Troll and leader of the Black Lions is watching his men train against wooden posts.

"Hit harder!" He grunts. "Put your soul's into it!"

"Taco." Surt said as he came close.

"Adunakhor, Marshall, and Heretic, what brings you here?" Taco says, flashing a smile. Surt stops and looks up attempting to make eye contact with the Troll.

"A Troll." Surt says.

"Me?"

"No"

"But I a Troll."

"Yes, yes you are." Surt smiles, "But another Troll. Have you heard of Hoglec?"

Taco's face suddenly Grimaces and his skin begins to turn red.

"Hoglec!" He spits in disgust. "That the son of a bitch talk crap about Taco because Taco the small Mountain Troll."

"Hoglec's big huh?" Surt asked.

"Twice as big as me."

Surt scractches his head, looking up and amazed how Taco's head blots out he sun like an eclipse.

"Bad news then. Hoglec's brought a band of Uruk Hai into the Alundra valley. He's killed our Herald so he must be dealt with."

"You want Taco and the Black Lions to march to the Valley and take care of them?" Taco asked.

"Can you?"

"Yes. We march! I bring back Hoglec's head for you." Taco said proudly.

"Is he ugly?" Surt asked.

"Yes, very, not handsome like Taco." The Troll said with a gleaming smile of rotted teeth.

"Um, don't bring me his head then, just burn it."

"Ok."

Taco begins to scratch at his head, it steams a little as the Troll thinks.

"What?" Surt says, hoping the Troll doesn't overheat his brain.

"What payment?"

Surt looks to Smithy and Heretic. "Good point, payment. Damn I wish Konradr were here so I can see what's in the Realm's coffers."

Smithy snaps his fingers. "I have it!"

They all look at him and wait and wait and wait.

"What?" Heretic asked impatiently.

"All you can eat at the Bell of Taco!"

Surt Grimaces thinking about the cost to the Realm's treasurey, but TAco smiles.

"Grande!"

"All around, you and your Black Lions."

"Deal." Taco said.

"Good, then you'll leave at once." Surt said as he stood in the shadow of the troll.

"Yes."

They looked at one another for a moment and then Surt shot a hand for a handshake and Taco raised his arm in a mimic of the Royal Army Salute.

Again they stood looking at one another, then Surt raised his arm in a Salute and Taco shot his out for a handshake.

Smithy and Heretic looked at one another in amusement. Taco's brain began to steam up, finally he grabbed Surt and gave him a hug.

"Um, oof, Thank you Taco." Surt said, trying to breath. "Good luck and may you come back Victorious."

They parted and the Royal Army Trio left. Taco gleamed like a boy.

"Why do you do it?" Akeria asked sullenly from behind him. "Why?"

"Grande meals, good inspiration." The troll said. He kissed his elf mistress on the cheek then began to bark orders to his Black Lions.

"Caretaker, get you spear, Barrikade, get your big black shield, Phoxly, get your bow, we are going hunting in the Alundra Valley."

Off TAco went to get his weapons and shields. Akeria could swear he was skipping along like a schoolboy.

The small band of Uruk Hai are wearing Armored helmets and half armor on the torso's but not there arms and legs.

Hoglec is treated like he is fully armored. Any blue in his hand is treated like a normal Red. Any REd in his hand breaks shields with one blow,and goes through armor.

Taco is not fully armored unless wearing armor. Any 28" blue or longer in his hand is treated like a normal red.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Surt

Surt

The Orc Band in the Alundra Valley... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Orc Band in the Alundra Valley...   The Orc Band in the Alundra Valley... I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 2:09 am

i love this stuff.

king
Back to top Go down
https://baraddun.forumotion.net

The Orc Band in the Alundra Valley...
Page 1 of 1