Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Car guys.....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

Car guys..... Empty
PostSubject: Car guys.....   Car guys..... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 5:36 pm

I'm no mechanic, but there are some guys at work that work on cars. I'll ask my question here and see if anyone has a clue.

Jeep died in the parking lot. Last day of school, I had to walk to get my kids and walk them home in this wonderful heat.

Jeep has been hesitating to start, but always starts on second turn of the key. Drove the kids to school, got home, parked. When I went to pick them up. Wouldn't start. All I get is a "click". Seems to have power, the lights are not dim and the windows roll up and down (thank god as the door is broke and its the only way out!) Battery too low to start? Solenoid shot? Starter froze up? A, B or C?

I have to wait for the wife to come home to give it a jump start. If that starts it up then the battery is shot. If all I get is a click, somethin' else is wrong.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
sasquatch

sasquatch

Car guys..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car guys.....   Car guys..... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 5:59 pm

hmm jump start is all you probably need,but if that doesn't work i would have to say starter
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/kookiecrazy
Knubbs

Knubbs

Car guys..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car guys.....   Car guys..... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 9:41 pm

I personally would get a new battery, when did you change it last?
Back to top Go down
Smithy
Admin
Smithy

Car guys..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car guys.....   Car guys..... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 4:49 am

If you don't know when you replaced the battery then it may be time to do so. If that doesn't solve the problem then it is most likely the starter. Either one is relatively easy to replace.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Car guys..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car guys.....   Car guys..... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 7:23 am

I think you guys are right, Seems my batteries never last more than 2 years and I've heard that it is because of the heat here. The battery is close to that mark.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Sponsored content

Car guys..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car guys.....   Car guys..... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Car guys.....
Page 1 of 1