Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Movie recommendations....

Go down 
+10
Kilanos
xVHeretic
Strider
Aleksander Piotrowski
sasquatch
Sarabi
caretaker
Surt
Knubbs
konradr
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

Movie recommendations.... Empty
PostSubject: Movie recommendations....   Movie recommendations.... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 6:33 pm

figured I would start a thread so we can posts and movies we've seen lately that we recommend.

I just watched "the road" Its good. I don't like movies about the aftermath of the end of the world, but this one is about a true as it could be. My wife was like "What?" She is used to movies with heroes and hope and fighting off hordes of zombies or something. This was more of a character study and the truth. yeah, nuclear winter, animals dead, tree's dying, people dying, comitting suicide, scavaging or becoming cannibals, To me, thats depressing but probably what it would be like. There is a little hope in the end, but I don't feel it. I recommend it to those who want to look into a dark future.

"Pandorum" Sci fi about, you guessed it, the end of earth and the last humans sent via a spaceship to find a new planet. Good movie. A little disorientating, but fun to watch. Plenty of action. And yes, there are mutated cannibals.

"Defendor" Woody Harrelson is a little slow, but he has a good heart. Thinks he's a superhero. I loved this movie.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendations....   Movie recommendations.... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 10:18 pm

Recently scene:

Kingdom of Heaven (Extended)
Knights Tale (Extended)
Dune (Extended)(1980s version)

Want to kill some time:

LOTOR (Extended) Marathon
Star Wars Marathon
Ghandi
Chaplin

Weird Movie of the month:

Brazil

*warning*
Have to watch it from the beginning to understand. If you jump in at any other point... you will be lost.
Back to top Go down
Surt

Surt

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendations....   Movie recommendations.... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 2:47 am

into the wild

crazy movie about a guy who thinks very differntly than most people. very sad but good.
Back to top Go down
https://baraddun.forumotion.net
caretaker

caretaker

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendations....   Movie recommendations.... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 2:56 am

@surt: That is one of my favorites:D

I havn't seen any new movies lately, however, I can suggest some of my favorites:D

V for Vendetta
Fear and Loathing
Benny and Joon
The Butterfly effect
Donnie Darko
Pulp Fiction
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/thomasalesterayers?re
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendations....   Movie recommendations.... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 7:31 am

Into the Wild was an interesting movie. I watched it. Then did research on the internet about the dude. Some of his last photos are on the internet (developed when they found his camera by his body)

The bus was still in the woods, its a wildnerness area run by Anchorage, I think (?) but the city was thinking of moving the bus because after that movie (which is based on a book by the same name) lots of hikers decided to hike out there and camp at the bus. The bus still has some of the guys belongings there. Anyhow, some of the hikers found themselves in over their head just like that guy, and had to be rescued.

I love Knights Tale. I have kingdom of Heaven, but only watched it once. I liked the fact that it was based on history that I had never heard of before. It happend. christian Jerusalem was besieged. He knighted everyone and they fought better, Saladdin allowed them to leave, he did not slaughter them or make them slaves. (something rare in ancient/medieval sieges)

V for Vendetta I don't remember liking. But I recommend Pulp Fiction and the Butterfly effect.

Not sure if I saw Brazil.

I remember DUNE from the 80's on TV. Don't really remember too much about it. The book was too big to want to read but maybe I will look for the audiobook and listen to it at work. I remember it had something to do with hunting huge Giant Sand Worms, and I thought that was cool.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendations....   Movie recommendations.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 6:36 pm

yesterday me and josh finished watching Princess Mononoke and My Neighbor Totoro both really good movies!... check em out!

Movie recommendations.... 02
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
sasquatch

sasquatch

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendations....   Movie recommendations.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 8:11 pm

For a funny movie i recommend the jerk it is hilarious it is older but every time i watch it i end up rolling around laughing...and if any of you have seen the gamer let me know what you think because i haven't heard much on it
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/kookiecrazy
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendations....   Movie recommendations.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 10:10 pm

I saw the Gamer. I like Gerald Butler, but the movie wasn't that great. It was okay though.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendations....   Movie recommendations.... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 7:02 am

I saw these two DVD's for sale at Walmart and they sounded interesting. "Outlander" and "Wolfhound". Anyone seen them, can recommend them, yay or nay? Outlander is about a guy from space chasing an alien monster, both crash land on earth during the Viking age. Wolfhound is a Russian sword and sorcery movie about revenge or something like that.

Wolfhound

Outlander

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Aleksander Piotrowski

Aleksander Piotrowski

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendations....   Movie recommendations.... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 7:22 am

Fight Club
American Psycho
Paprika
Old Boy
Full metal Jacket
The Road
Inglorious Basterds
Everything is illuminated
The Pianist
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendations....   Movie recommendations.... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 8:11 am

konradr wrote:
Outlander is about a guy from space chasing an alien monster, both crash land on earth during the Viking age.

Surt loves this movie.
Back to top Go down
xVHeretic

xVHeretic

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendations....   Movie recommendations.... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 2:08 am

that movie is amazing i love it
Back to top Go down
Kilanos

Kilanos

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendations....   Movie recommendations.... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 4:00 am

I actually just watched wolfhound. Was a pretty good movie. Not fantastic but entertaining.
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendations....   Movie recommendations.... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 9:12 am

WATCH TOTORO AND PRINCESS MONONOKE I WAS SAD TO HEAR THAT SMITHY HASN'T EVEN SEEN IT!! DO IT CAUSE YOU LOVE ME!
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendations....   Movie recommendations.... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 7:55 am

Saw "The book of Eli", "The Crazies" and "Percy jackson and the lighting bolt thief". Liked the book of Eli alot but will have to watch it again to figure out the "What the..... Was he....... the whole time?" factor. For those who have watched it you will understand, for those who haven't, I don't want to spoil it. Good movie though.

The crazies was good to. Romeo thought it could have been better if it were more like 'dawn of the dead'. but I liked it, it was more taut than in your face horror.

Percy jackson. and the lighting bolt thief. I liked the training camp, though it was a bit too brief. I liked the capture the flag game they did. Cool flag, might try one like that. As for the rest of the movie I fell asleep through most of the it. 'nuff said.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendations....   Movie recommendations.... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 7:51 pm

ha i watched the crazies last night i watched alot of movies last night.. i watched the crazies not to bad of a flick and they are pretty smart through the whole thing. but it made me stay at the edge of my seat. i watched the number 23 i've seen this movie before but when it first came out. and i think it's a good brain thinking movie it's not often you see Jim carry in a serious mood so it's kinda hard to take him seriously you know what i mean. and i finally watched the Blair witch project which i gotta tell you creeped me out a bit. its one of those first person camera films like paranormal activity. but the person handling the camera apparently has never held a camera before cause it made me nauseous at some points..
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendations....   Movie recommendations.... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 4:39 pm

I still haven't seen "Blair Witch project" but have read and heard alot about its making, so I got to see it one of these days.

Anyone seen "Valhalla Rising"? Its from last year, I think its a foreign movie too. I've read its not really an action flick but a very brutal, dark yet beautifully filmed and set about 1000 AD amongst the Norse. Sounds intriguing.

Konradr

NOTE: Just downloaded Valhalla rising and took a quick glimpse in the middle somewhere and it looked pretty brutal. Can't wait to watch it.
Back to top Go down
Oddvar

Oddvar

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendations....   Movie recommendations.... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 7:45 am

"Blair Witch Project" was actually a Production/Film grad project that the guys whom made it had something like $10k-$20k. They put little money into the actual film and about 3/4ths of the budget into internet hype and a back story. Then they sent out their crew and told the the back story with out actually telling them that they were going to be filmed. The producers then proceeded too to scare the living hell out of the crew they sent out. That is why the horror on the crews faces was so real.
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendations....   Movie recommendations.... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 12:28 am

yeah Blair witch project was like paranormal activity it was mostly the crowd that made it as big as it is now!... it was a low budget movie just a couple of teenagers holding a camera and they just added a fictional story to go along with it later in the like extras you can look them up on you tube that all the strange accordance on that film the weird noises the random objects were literally made by the crew / director for them to actually get their Adrenalins running so they would be scared they were told that this was a fictional horror movie but they really did scare the crap out of them. i think that's funny

no i haven't seen Valhalla rising i saw a couple previews for it and it's definitely gotta be a forien film those accents are way too strong to just be any old actor you know what i mean but yeah i was kinda interested in it it looks like one of those movies that josh would like.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendations....   Movie recommendations.... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 7:10 am

Valhalla rising was ok. I liked it, but I don't know if Taco would like it. It has SOME action, but not alot. It has some nice fight shots but they are quick and few between. It has a beautiful look, very authentic, makes you feel like what it was like to live then. The first part of the movie I liked. The second part had little fighting. I think more fighting would have made it a better movie.

The guy was mute, never talked the whole movie, had one eye, but he was an awesome fighter. He forsaw his fate and in the end he went looking for it and didn't resist when it came about. I liked the character. Since he never spoke, they simply called him "One eye". He fought with an Axe, but he was good with his bare hands and with an arrow head he found.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendations....   Movie recommendations.... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 12:12 pm

well josh isn't just the all action-y guy! its more about the story 300, Gladiator, Troy, Mongol, brave heart, brother hood of the wolf all based in times areas styles he was into.. trust me i thought josh was all into the action stuff cause yeah most guys are but he's more into story than just action. he likes the sword play but he's also criticizes the hell out of it and if it's not to perfection he gets pissed and very uninterested. the other Beowulf and Grendel movie HE HATED and really gave me an earfull on that movie. the one with Gerard butler not the one that has Angelina Jolie. because the fighting wasn't right. he doesn't like harry potter thats for sure

Spoiler:

there are a couple more lol but i don't know if knows anything about Valhalla.. so i'm not sure definitely something to look into
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendations....   Movie recommendations.... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 4:16 pm

I've been meaning to watch Mongol. So that was good? I can burn a copy of Valhalla's rising on a CD if you want to watch it on a computer.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendations....   Movie recommendations.... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 8:12 am

Just watched "Green Zone" and recommend it (In the same vein "body of lies" is excellent and the Hurt locker) also "Kick Ass" and liked it alot too.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendations....   Movie recommendations.... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 8:16 am

Watched "Inception" tonight with the wife. Good movie. For those who have seen it, what d'ya think, at the end, was it reality or still a dream???

*spoiler alert* Don't scroll down I'm going to reveal some of the end............

I would have thought Reality, if the wife had been there at the end with the kids. I told my wife, as Leonardo was going through the airport, that I thought it was all set up to bring him back to reality and back to his family.

Because the wife wasn't there and the top was still spinning, I tend to think he might still have been lost in a dream, but then again...... I could be wrong.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendations....   Movie recommendations.... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 5:39 pm

Finally rented "How to train you Dragon" So far so good. I like the training dome when they had the maze like walls that would be cool to do something like that.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendations....   Movie recommendations.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Movie recommendations....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next