Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

War Wolves of Barad'Dun

Go down 
+16
Tiberius Claudius
Faolan
Alacian
Smithy
sasquatch
Pheasant
Taco
Thunderhorse
Knubbs
Oddvar
Surt
Strider
Sarabi
Hxctemplar
Phoxly
konradr
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

War Wolves of Barad'Dun - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Wolves of Barad'Dun   War Wolves of Barad'Dun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 5:18 am

Here's a copy of the "Letter of Marque" that was signed between the Realm and my Ship Raven's Wind. Thank you to all in attendance.

Konradr

BARAD'DUN LETTER OF MARQUE

Let it be known, this is an official letter of Marque issued by his Majesty, Surt, the Adunakhor of the Realm of Barad'Dun, to the Norse ship Raven's Wind.

The Raven's Wind will operate in times of Peace and times of War on behalf of his Majesty and the Realm.

During times of Peace, Raven's Wind will be a commissioned privateer in the service of the Realm. She will cruise the Belegaer, Harnaer and Runaer Seas in search of any vessels manned by crews deemed undesirable and/or openly beligerant to the Realm and nations or peoples considered friends of the Realm. These vessels will be seized, along with their crews and cargo, and brought back, dead or alive, damaged or whole, to Barad'Dun. The proceeds from the sale of any Prize and her goods will be distributed 10/25/65 between the Adunakhor, the Realm and Raven's Wind.

During times of Peace, Raven's Wind will also operate in the sea of Belegaer and the Harbor of Barad'Dun as an Auxiliary of the Barad'Dun Harbour Master and will search and seize any vessels not abiding by Barad'Dun's Mercantile Sea laws. In this Capacity the Ship and her Crew may arrest any individuals, be they Realm Subjects or Foreigners to be brought to the Harbour Master, the Realm Tribunal, or His Majesty, the Adunakhor, for Adjudication under Barad'Dun Law.

During Times of War, Raven's Wind will operate as an Independant Auxiliary of the Royal Navy. As such, the ship will operate in any Naval area against any enemies of the Realm. In addition the Ship Master and his Crew, Hereby known as the War Wolves of Barad'Dun, will operate as Mercenary Marines, both at Sea and on Land, in the Service of the Adunakhor, and the Realm.

This Letter of Marque takes affect this________ day in the month of ____________________ during the ________ Year of Surt's Reign. The following to be signed and witnessed by representatives of the ship, Raven's Wind, of the War Wolves, of His Majesty, the Adunakhor, and of the Realm of Barad'Dun.

Representative of the Raven's Wind _______________________________________

Representative of the Adunakhor _______________________________________

Representative of the Realm of Barad'Dun __________________________________

Representative of the War Wovles _________________________________________

Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: War Wolves of Barad'Dun   War Wolves of Barad'Dun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 4:52 pm

damn konradr you have alot of cool shit!!! i just wanna be there when all of this happens cause it all looks amazing! anything that i can help out with let me know!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: War Wolves of Barad'Dun   War Wolves of Barad'Dun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 4:57 pm

Well we had like our first 5 arrests Saturday, but only got one of them to jail. The Royal Army kept getting in the damn way!

I will post the ceremony video if I can adjust the audio in an editing program. The damn wind!

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Pheasant

Pheasant

PostSubject: Re: War Wolves of Barad'Dun   War Wolves of Barad'Dun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 9:42 pm

I have never seen anyone react that fast till you tried arresting Demi
Back to top Go down
sasquatch

sasquatch

PostSubject: Re: War Wolves of Barad'Dun   War Wolves of Barad'Dun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 9:49 pm

uh i reacted very quickly
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/kookiecrazy
Pheasant

Pheasant

PostSubject: Re: War Wolves of Barad'Dun   War Wolves of Barad'Dun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 9:56 pm

looked painful too good going sassy.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: War Wolves of Barad'Dun   War Wolves of Barad'Dun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 9:49 pm

Bewarem my wolves, the government is out to get us!

Hunting Gray Wolves.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Smithy
Admin
Smithy

PostSubject: Re: War Wolves of Barad'Dun   War Wolves of Barad'Dun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 11:08 am

As a government official I can oficially say that "no" we are not out to get you. Watching you sure. Mayhaps the Wolves leader is a bit paranoid or nervous? I wonder why? Perhaps a closer look. . . . . .
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: War Wolves of Barad'Dun   War Wolves of Barad'Dun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 2:24 pm

*almost intel government official takes notes* Got it, boss! Just watchin'! ...*puts grenade launcher away* >_>
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: War Wolves of Barad'Dun   War Wolves of Barad'Dun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 6:44 am

Congratulations to K'urn for Killing the old wolf today (9-11-10) and earning his wolf marks.

Good try for Konradr, Christian and Templar, all put up a good fight but did not prevail this time around.

Thank you to Surt who fought hard and well as our Wolf.

Huzzah to Heretic for fighting the Wolf as well, though he did not prevail either.

The horn is sounding through the lands of the North. More hunters are needed as the wolves are coming....

Konradr
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: War Wolves of Barad'Dun   War Wolves of Barad'Dun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 6:55 pm

SAMHAIN BLOOD COUNT

For Samhain, I'm thinking of issuing all War Wolves and War Wolf Blood Brothers, a belt ribbon that is event specific. (Color , and an event logo). I'm thinking of issuing Red Sharpies too. Basicly the Blood Count is your total in Kills in any single combat at Samhain.

Preferably you would give your ribbon and Sharpie to a fellow War Wolf or Blood Brother to mark off for you as you fight, or you could do it yourself by putting it on your belt and pulling out the sharpie to make the mark.

The mark would be one diagonal blood red slash for each personal Kill.

If you fight a dude 10 times, and kill him 10 times, its still only one slash mark. If you fight the dude again later in the day or what not, you wouldn't add any more slash marks as you have already killed him. If you loose the first 10 times then fight him again later in the day and kill him, you can add the slash mark.

You can not add slash marks for people you fight and kill from our Realm.

It would be good form to ask a person his name before you fight him and if you can remember it, put it by the slash mark.

The person with the most blood counts win's the "Golden punch dagger" I made. (Pic soon) Ties to be fought by a Norse Honor duel (10 count, first blood, pit fight)

How does this sound? Fun or too complicated?

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Oddvar

Oddvar

PostSubject: Re: War Wolves of Barad'Dun   War Wolves of Barad'Dun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 11:47 pm

sounds like a challenge.
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: War Wolves of Barad'Dun   War Wolves of Barad'Dun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 3:53 am

sounds like a lot of fun!
Back to top Go down
Faolan

Faolan

PostSubject: War Wolves theme song?   War Wolves of Barad'Dun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 3:57 am

the video comes with lyrics, please take the time, im sure you wont be disapointed.
by the way. when and if i can, i WILL try out for this. this is way too cool to pass up

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/todd.giboney
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: War Wolves of Barad'Dun   War Wolves of Barad'Dun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 6:40 am

I stumbled across an old norse poem on youtube. He sounds like my old Korean Ex Father in law.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Faolan

Faolan

PostSubject: ANother awesome demonstration of the Norse language...   War Wolves of Barad'Dun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 9:31 am

that poem was wicked awesome. i really like his laugh of excitement when he found the right heart.
it was one of those creeped out moments where i didnt knowwhat to do but laugh with him.. and looking around like imaginary vikings staring at me waiting for me to laugh for they will kill me. haha.

but anywho, i listen to alot of swedish/ scandinavian/ finnish / pagan metal, and as can guess they have some serious Norse influences. one of my favorite bands is called Tyr. i personally like this song because it overwhelms me with the feeling of victory.

Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: War Wolves of Barad'Dun   War Wolves of Barad'Dun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 6:59 pm

Wow, Faolan, what are some other pagan metal bands you listen to? I'm not familiar with them. I like soundtracks and any song that sounds like it'd be home on the soundtrack of a fightin' movie I like.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Faolan

Faolan

PostSubject: Re: War Wolves of Barad'Dun   War Wolves of Barad'Dun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 12:16 am

Last edited by Faolan on Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Faolan

Faolan

PostSubject: Re: War Wolves of Barad'Dun   War Wolves of Barad'Dun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 12:18 am

Amon Amarth- wich is a band who takes Norse Viking very seriously. in fact, these guys are Odenist, wich is the modern form of Norse Mythology made into a religion. they are really heavy though, the singers vocals take some getting used to, but once you do, there lyrics are freeking amazing. they usually tell stories of norse heros, or battles of the gods

Eluveitie- my personal favorite, are Druids who write music heavily influenced by Celtic mythology. i like them cause they have traditional instruments in there line-up, all to represent the Celtic wheel. really cool

Tyr is the band i mentioned befor.

Ensiferum- now, these guys love battle as much as we do, there all about riding into battle with glory. there what i personally listen to to get me amped up for warfare. they also have other songs that are completly medieval.i love a band who is able to play accoustic medeival instruments as well as modern electronic.
this song is the inspiration for my character's story

HAHA! Alestorm!! Melodic pirate from Scottland! need i say more?

Korpiklaani- these guys are the back hill drunken side of paganism. they rock out to drinking, partying sloppy heathen style.

Finntroll is exactly what there name implies, finnish troll metal. if ur ever writing a story and want good orc, goblin, or troll music, these guys will provide.

Turisas... BATTLE METAL!!!

and thats what i can think of so far. please note, ive seen all these guys live at Pagan Fest back in Ok, a truely amazing show, igot to drink with them cause i was the only one in the audience wearing woad all over my body with a kilt. and knew most of the words to there songs.GLOURIOUS night that was...
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: War Wolves of Barad'Dun   War Wolves of Barad'Dun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 3:16 pm

At Renn Faire me and K'urn were discussing it and I think he had a good idea. What we will allow is outlines of the Wolf marks on your Sash and Tabard for Unit Identity. When you finally fight the wolf and kill the mangy bastard, you can fill in the marks with blood red paint, or embroidery.

See example below:

War Wolves of Barad'Dun - Page 3 Unit_i10

A = the outlines, you can outline in Red or Black.

B = Painting in the Marks (or sewing in cloth or embroidering the marks) in blood red.

So get those marks put on your Sash's and/or Tabards in Outlines for Samhain.

Shields can have the painted marks.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: War Wolves of Barad'Dun   War Wolves of Barad'Dun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 5:15 pm

I forgot to say "Congratulations" to Oddvar and Heretic for killing their Wolves at Samhain. Huzzah to both! And thanks to Surt for giving an inch of his scalp for his role as the mangy old wolf! Huzzah.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: War Wolves of Barad'Dun   War Wolves of Barad'Dun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 5:16 pm

Who are these Prentenders!!!!

http://warwolves.forumotion.com/

Will the Real War Wolves please stand up and prepare for WAR!!!

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Faolan

Faolan

PostSubject: Re: War Wolves of Barad'Dun   War Wolves of Barad'Dun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 5:16 am

WE SHOULD RAID AND PILLAGE THERE HOMES, DRINK THERE WINE FROM THERE SKULLS, AND USE THERE SPINES TO STRACH OUR BACKS... (spinal cords make great back stratchers!)
..... but in the mean time im going to angrily shake my fist.... [b]*angrily waives fist*
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: War Wolves of Barad'Dun   War Wolves of Barad'Dun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 10:53 am

Ha you guys!
Back to top Go down
Hxctemplar

Hxctemplar

PostSubject: Re: War Wolves of Barad'Dun   War Wolves of Barad'Dun - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 1:41 am

konradr wrote:

MASTER CHALLENGES

Members of the Unit may attempt Master Challenges at the rate of one Challenge once a month. Master Challenges may be conducted on the second Saturday of the month at normal Realm practice.

Unit members challenge for Master when they want to be awarded with visible recognition of a weapon’s class proficiency. The award can be a colored belt tassel or a painted, velcro or pin back metal symbol that is placed on the belt sash or Tabard.

SWORD MASTER

Single blue sword or Red used with one hand.

Challenges: 1st: Defeat 2 opponants armed in same fashion. 2nd: Defeat a top Realm Warrior with his best fighting class. 3rd: Fight Norse Duel, single blue only.

Award: Blue Tassel or Blue sword Symbol.

AXE MASTER

Single hand Axe, Dual Hand Axes or Double hand Axe.

Challenges: Same as for Sword Master. Norse Dual is an Axe Dual. Both oppants armed with same type of axe, either single hand, or dual hand axe. NOTE: In a Norse Axe Dual, any time an Axe traps a body part and holds/moves it, the fight is stopped and a point awarded to the wielder that trapped his opponant.

Award: Copper Tassel or Copper Axe symbol.

SHIELD MASTER

Sword or Blue weapon and Shield. Opponant may have armor and projectiles.

Challenges: Same as in Sword Master. NOTE: The challenger must successfully demonstrate one each, Shield Kick, Shield Check and Shield bash, in any one of the three challenges. NOTE 2: In the Norse Duel. If an opponant is knocked down to the ground (whole body, or knee) by a shield check/bash, then fight is stopped and one point given to wielder of the shield check/bash.

Award: Gold Tassel or Gold shield symbol.

POLEARM MASTER

Any Polearm of 5 feet or more. May fight two handed and have a sidearm, or one handed and a shield.

CHALLENGES: 1st: Defeat 2 unarmored opponants, One of whom is armed with a polearm, no sidearm, the other with a single blue, no shield.
2nd: Defeat a Top Realm Warrior with a Polearm and sidearm or Polearm and shield. Opponant may wear Armor.
3rd: Norse Duel, Spears only.

Award: Green Tassel or Green Spear/halbard/glaive symbol.

FLORENTINE MASTER

Any dual wielding blues or single handed reds.

Challenges: 1st: Defeat 2 opponants one of whom is Florentine, the other may be shield and blue or florentine.
2nd: Defeat a top Realm Warrior who is Florentine and may wear armor.
3rd: Norse Duel, Challenger must be Florentine, opponant may choose florentine or Blue and Shield.

Award: Purple Tassel or Purple crisscrossed swords symbol.

RED MASTER

Any Dag legal two handed 4 to 8 foot red. Weapon can not be used to stab with.

Challenges: 1st: Defeat 2 opponants, one of whom must be wielding a Red, the other blue and shield.
2nd: Defeat a top Realm Warrior also armed with a Red.
3rd: Norse Duel, minimum Red only.

Award: Red Tassel or Red two handed sword symbol.

DAGGER MASTER

A single Dagger only.

Challenges: 1st: Defeat 2 street thugs armed with single daggers as well.
2nd: Defeat a top Realm warrior with Single Dagger.
3rd: Norse Duel with single daggers only.

Award: Gray Tassel or Gray dagger symbol.

MASTER ARCHER

A DAG Legal bow and 5 arrows.

Challenges: 1st: Hit a moving target, 2 out of 5 Arrows, at 20 feet, target must walk, can not evade, on a straight line between two points.
2nd: Hit a 24” +/- Round Shield 10 out of 10 shots at 20 feet, kneeling. 20 for 20 shots at 10 feet, standing. 10 for 10 at 30 feet, standing. 10 for
10 at 40 feet, standing.
3rd: Defeat 2 opponants on an open field one of whom is an Archer, the other may be an Archer or armed with 2 javelin’s and a blue sidearm. Challenger may have a blue sidearm.

Award: Yellow Tassel or Yellow Bow and Arrows Symbol.

MASTER JAVELINEER

Two Dag legal 4 to 7 foot Javelins.

Challenges: 1st: Hit a moving opponant 1 out of 5 at 10 feet. Target must walk a straight line between two points and can not evade.
2nd: Hit a 24” +/- Round Shield 20 out of 20 at 10 feet, and 10 out of 10 at 20 feet.
3rd: Defeat 2 opponants. Challenger and Opponants armed with 2 javelin’s only.

Award: Black Tassel or Black Javelin Symbol.

MASTER STONE SLINGER

5 Dag legal rocks.

Challenge: Hit the head of a living target 2 out of 5 times at 5 feet. 1 out of 5 times at 10 feet, 1 out of 5 times at 15 feet, and 1 out of 10 times at 20 feet.

Award: White tassel or white rock or sling symbol.[/i]

I am Konradr Greywolf and I approve of this message.

Konradr War Wolves of Barad'Dun - Page 3 Thumb_viking7
Oddvar War Wolves of Barad'Dun - Page 3 Medieval007

Hope no one forgot about these Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: War Wolves of Barad'Dun   War Wolves of Barad'Dun - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

War Wolves of Barad'Dun
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next