Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

excessive heat warning for Saturday....

Go down 
+7
Strider
Surt
Knubbs
Phoxly
Demie Zephyra
Taco
konradr
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

excessive heat warning for Saturday.... Empty
PostSubject: excessive heat warning for Saturday....   excessive heat warning for Saturday.... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 6:58 am

Anyone else see this alert?

Quote :
.EXCESSIVE HEAT WATCH FOR ELEVATIONS BELOW 4000 FEET IN EFFECT
FROM FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SATURDAY EVENING...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN LAS VEGAS HAS ISSUED AN EXCESSIVE
HEAT WATCH FOR ELEVATIONS BELOW 4000 FEET...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM
FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SATURDAY EVENING.

THE EXCESSIVE HEAT WATCH COVERS CLARK AND SOUTHERN NYE COUNTIES
IN SOUTHERN NEVADA...SOUTHERN MOHAVE COUNTY IN ARIZONA...THE HIGH
DESERT OF SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY AS WELL AS DEATH VALLEY NATIONAL
PARK AND OWENS VALLEY IN EASTERN CALIFORNIA.

* EXPECTED TEMPERATURE: 110 TO 115 DEGREES AT LAS VEGAS...PAHRUMP
AND BARSTOW...113 TO 119 DEGREES FROM MESQUITE SOUTH DOWN THE
COLORADO RIVER TO LAKE HAVASU CITY...123 TO 125 DEGREES AT
FURNACE CREEK IN DEATH VALLEY NATIONAL PARK AND 104 TO 108
DEGREES AT KINGMAN AND BISHOP.

* GREATEST IMPACT AREAS: THE HOTTEST TEMPERATURES WILL OCCUR
WITHIN THE COLORADO RIVER VALLEY AND DEATH VALLEY NATIONAL PARK.
PLAN ANY OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES IN THE EARLY MORNING OR EVENING
AFTER SUNSET.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

AN EXCESSIVE HEAT WATCH MEANS THAT A PROLONGED PERIOD OF HOT
TEMPERATURES IS EXPECTED. THE COMBINATION OF HOT TEMPERATURES AND
HIGH HUMIDITY WILL COMBINE TO CREATE A DANGEROUS SITUATION IN WHICH
HEAT ILLNESSES ARE POSSIBLE. DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS...STAY IN AN
AIR-CONDITIONED ROOM...STAY OUT OF THE SUN...AND CHECK UP ON
RELATIVES AND NEIGHBORS.

Anyone for fighting at Midnight?

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Taco

Taco

PostSubject: Re: excessive heat warning for Saturday....   excessive heat warning for Saturday.... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:50 am

i'm up for a late night fight
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: excessive heat warning for Saturday....   excessive heat warning for Saturday.... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 4:33 pm

'Twould be a good idea if the park didn't close at 11.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: excessive heat warning for Saturday....   excessive heat warning for Saturday.... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 5:14 pm

The heat warning is up til 9pm on Saturday. I'll be there no matter what. We'll need lots of water, shade and sunscreen.

Don't expose to the sun. Its better to have loose full coverage clothing.

I hope smithy will be there in case we have any heat stroke. Everyone will need to watch out for everyone else. See the warning signs, get 'em in the shade and get 'em water weather they think they need it or not.

Class on heat problems/prevention Marshall?

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: excessive heat warning for Saturday....   excessive heat warning for Saturday.... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 5:48 pm

We should have practice at 7pm to 11pm.
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: excessive heat warning for Saturday....   excessive heat warning for Saturday.... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 6:10 pm

I'll be there, in armor, for as long as I can!
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: excessive heat warning for Saturday....   excessive heat warning for Saturday.... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 6:15 pm

The only real problem with a sudden change in time is the loss of anyone coming out who is new and is expecting us to be there at 12pm. They are then lost and disappointed and may never find it in their hearts to forgive us.

We can not allow 'dead' to stay laying on the field. Anyone laying on the field should be checked immediately for heat distress!

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: excessive heat warning for Saturday....   excessive heat warning for Saturday.... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 7:31 pm

Good point Konradr. I say we tough it out at noon then, our numbers have been wavering lately as it is..
Back to top Go down
Surt

Surt

PostSubject: Re: excessive heat warning for Saturday....   excessive heat warning for Saturday.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 4:19 am

maybe we start practice earlier and end at noon? im up for it either way. at the atleast sparring in the shade.
Back to top Go down
https://baraddun.forumotion.net
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: excessive heat warning for Saturday....   excessive heat warning for Saturday.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 6:52 am

Just never seems to work when we try to get the whole bunch in earlier. We'll just have to be careful and not push it, if people don't want to fight too much, let 'em chill in the shade and socialize.

Of course, we may have to "annex" some shade for the Realm.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

PostSubject: Re: excessive heat warning for Saturday....   excessive heat warning for Saturday.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 7:08 am

I wouldn't be able to do it if we did practice later, I work at 6pm.
Back to top Go down
xVHeretic

xVHeretic

PostSubject: Re: excessive heat warning for Saturday....   excessive heat warning for Saturday.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 7:33 am

hey kilanos was wondering if me and thunderpony could get a ride on saturday
Back to top Go down
Smithy
Admin
Smithy

PostSubject: Re: excessive heat warning for Saturday....   excessive heat warning for Saturday.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 9:43 am

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to practice as I have drill. As that stands here are the orders.

1. The run around the baseball fields is cancelled.

2. Bringing or having access to a MINIMUM of 1/2 gallon of water is manditory. Energy or sports drinks do not count. Those are fine for after practice.

3. Everyone should consume water during the breaks.

4. If you feel dizzy, have nausea, or develope a headache (not from a headshot) then please for the love of God tell someone.

Additionally at next weeks practice I will conduct a class on treating someone who has become a heat casualty. I should have done this class sooner and for that I apologize. Thankfully you all are smart and waterwise.

Smithy
Back to top Go down
Oddvar

Oddvar

PostSubject: Re: excessive heat warning for Saturday....   excessive heat warning for Saturday.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 8:55 pm

Every one should bring some kind of head covering also. Even if you do not normally wear a head cover in your garb. This time of year you need to keep your head as cool as possible. Non period hats and such are allowed and encouraged. It is even better if the head cover you wear can get wet to help keep you cool. Start drinking more water today, it will help tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: excessive heat warning for Saturday....   excessive heat warning for Saturday.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 9:16 pm

good ideas but i'm not sure if i will be making it this practice if it's gonna get this hot i probably will not be making it to practices. i am all in favorr of helping you guys find an indoor location! or changing it to later in the day or in the night my body has been reacting to the heat and i know how to take care of it but it's not fun... last week i was sick and felt like i was gonna die! i think we should plan for later practices or indoor spot!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
Oddvar

Oddvar

PostSubject: Re: excessive heat warning for Saturday....   excessive heat warning for Saturday.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 9:18 pm

please, please, please
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: excessive heat warning for Saturday....   excessive heat warning for Saturday.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 9:41 pm

black lions practices are starting at 7:00 cause that's when it starts getting darker and cooler out yeah that's a shorter practice but at least we're not dying!. we need to think of something that will work perminately i bring water every week and my water turns to hot water which is nasty but of course i'll drink it but if coming to practice means me coming to be miserable in the heat than i rather not. and for the past two weeks we've had to leave practice early twice cause people get to hot last practice we left at like 2:00 and the weekend before we left at 3:00. we need to think of something that will work and not kill our bodies
!
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: excessive heat warning for Saturday....   excessive heat warning for Saturday.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:52 am

I'm all for starting earlier. I have work at 2. >< Will royal army practice still start at 10?
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: excessive heat warning for Saturday....   excessive heat warning for Saturday.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 11:43 am

yeah i'm all for earlier too depending on how early is early >.< but our problem is that dustin has work on fridays at 9:30 PM and doesn't get off till 6:00 and he wants to sleep that's why i say later! but i'm open for a vote!
Back to top Go down
Oddvar

Oddvar

PostSubject: Re: excessive heat warning for Saturday....   excessive heat warning for Saturday.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 3:14 pm

I know that Konradr works late on Fridays and earlier would be a problem for him. We are not going to be able to make it convenient for everyone. I was wondering if we should try changing parks again. Somewhere that has more shade, and facilities. I know that there is the sports park at Rampart and Vegas Dr., that one seems to have a lot of shade, but I am not sure if there is enough room for us. But I will check it out today on my way to Desert Breeze.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: excessive heat warning for Saturday....   excessive heat warning for Saturday.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 4:30 pm

I spoke with Kilanos yesterday. We might take a vote today after everyone shows up, to caravan over to Davis Park and fight on the tree side of the park. No facilities.

That would be great Oddvar if you could check out that one park you said has shade and facilities.

Yeah, Akeria, the heat really gets to me too. I don't seem to get enough sleep anyways and the heat drains me. I've missed alot of practice too and that will make this old man that more tired. But I'll be there. But it looks like I won't be as early as I thought. Just getting my butt up now.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: excessive heat warning for Saturday....   excessive heat warning for Saturday.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 4:53 pm

I'm not sure if Taco and Kitty will be making it, and they are my ride. Sad This heat just might be a bit too much for us this weekend. Kitty likely wont go, cause her and I don't fair so well in the heat but I'll have to see when they wake up. =/
Back to top Go down
Oddvar

Oddvar

PostSubject: Re: excessive heat warning for Saturday....   excessive heat warning for Saturday.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 5:20 pm

Where do you live Phoxly?
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: excessive heat warning for Saturday....   excessive heat warning for Saturday.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 6:44 pm

I live 14 miles north of the park, about a mile from Floyd Lamb.
Back to top Go down
Oddvar

Oddvar

PostSubject: Re: excessive heat warning for Saturday....   excessive heat warning for Saturday.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 10:50 pm

Sorry Phoxly, I was already gone when you replied.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: excessive heat warning for Saturday....   excessive heat warning for Saturday.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

excessive heat warning for Saturday....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next