Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Wolf Tales: The Black Ship.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

Wolf Tales: The Black Ship. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Tales: The Black Ship.   Wolf Tales: The Black Ship. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 7:26 pm

The coals in an open hearth glowed a bright, hot orange as a burly War Wolf named Bjornstrom pumped a large leather bellows furiously to fan them with air.

Smithy stood nearby rubbing the scruff on his chin as he eyed first the fire, then the pile of weapons beside it and finally the two crates of silver that had been liberated from the Sea Goblin ship.

"Let me get this straight." He said to Konradr who stood nearby. "You want me to melt the silver and tip each one of these weapons with it?"

"Yep." Konradr said.

"Before nightfall?"

"Sooner would be better." K'urn said as he approached and put his beloved sheaf of arrows on the pile.

"Much better." Konradr added.

Smithy looked first at Konradr, then at K'urn and then at the pile of weapons.

"Coal's are ready." Bjornstrom said with a grunt.

"Why Silver? Its not the best metal for weapons." Smithy asked.

K'urn slapped the man on the shoulder and whispered, "Silver is a gift from the Norse Gods, and is the only metal that will kill a Wolf Skin."

"Wolf skins eh?" Smithy said. He leered again at the two Norsemen, then took a swig from the bottle forever hanging on a strap strung about his chest. His face grimaced and his eyes teared as he drank.

"Can you do it man?" Konradr asked with urgency.

Smithy spat onto the coals and a flame burst up burning hot and brightly.

"Of course ol' boy."

With that he peeled off his leather jerkin and hollered at Bjorntsrom to lift a nearby iron cauldron onto the fire so that they could melt the silver.

"If you Gents aren't going to help, I suggest you clear out and let me work."

"I'll stay and help." K'urn said. "I know a thing or two about metal crafting.

Konradr patted both men on the backs as he departed.

"Thorspeed to both of you. The sun is waning." He said as he left the Blacksmith's hut.

Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html

Wolf Tales: The Black Ship.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2