Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

EVA foam = Marine foam???

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

EVA foam = Marine foam??? Empty
PostSubject: EVA foam = Marine foam???   EVA foam = Marine foam??? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 1:27 am

Ok, I went to Lowes today. bought 4 X 48" driveway markers to make an experimental Javelin core with. While there, I decided to look for the gardeners knee pads that K'urn was talking about. He said they were the rectangular one's with two hand holds and were 1" thick and are Marine foam. All you need for stabby tips.

I've seen those before, but they didn't have any back in the gardner section, nor in the hardware section. They did have those 1" thick, One foot square, "Spongebob Squarepants" knee pads with one handhold. They were $1.49 or something like that. It says "100 % EVA" They feel like rubbery foam. So my question is, is this 100 % EVA pad the same as the more expensive knee pads and considered Marine foam, or is it a cheaper version and more like the yoga mat foam???

Also, in the hardware aisle, Lowe's carries a brand of knee pads that has an undyed leather outer covering. They are $29.00.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
K'urn

K'urn

PostSubject: Re: EVA foam = Marine foam???   EVA foam = Marine foam??? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 3:46 am

They are not knee pads...they are cushions for gardeners to kneel on. They only have one handle and are a greenish color. Approx. 12"x18". I don't know what 'type' of foam it is...I wish I could find out.

K-
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: EVA foam = Marine foam???   EVA foam = Marine foam??? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 3:54 am

The one I have is yellow, about 12" by perhaps 18". (I'd have to measure when the kids are asleep. They would want them if they saw them) Yes, they have one handle. I will bring one with me when I drop off the loaner weapons. If you are there, K'urn, maybe you can give me your opinion. Yes, they are not Knee pads, but a simple pad laid on the ground to put one's 'knees' on while digging in the dirt. These are the kiddie version, so I"m not sure on the quality of the foam, though it felt good enough for me to buy two of them.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EVA foam = Marine foam???   EVA foam = Marine foam??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EVA foam = Marine foam???
Page 1 of 1