Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

A nomad travels from the east...

Go down 
+5
Sarabi
Knubbs
Surt
Alacian
Faolan
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Faolan

Faolan

A nomad travels from the east... Empty
PostSubject: A nomad travels from the east...   A nomad travels from the east... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 10:10 pm

My name is Faolan, (pronounced FWAY-len, gaelic for young-wolf). my real name is Todd Giboney (soon be to be Todd Church) and i come from Tulsa, Oklahoma. i have played MELEE (martial enactment league enabling expression) since i was thirteen, the rules are very similar to Dagorhir's and we even have people from Midgard that come and practice with us. so, i am familiar with Dag.
i mostly would like to announce my arrival and to let you guys know i am really excited about practicing with you guys in the future. i would really like to get to know some of you, for i wont have any friends when i first arrive. i will be arriving in Vegas this weekend, but the weekend after i plan to show up. i hope to see many of you at practice in the near future.

Sincerely,
Todd/ Faolan
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/todd.giboney
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: A nomad travels from the east...   A nomad travels from the east... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 10:59 pm

Welcome to Barad'Dun.

It's good to see someone from my part of the country showing up in Vegas. Alas, I'll welcome you here as I won't be seeing you in person anytime soon. Hopefully you're still here in 2011 when I make it home from my military training.

You'll like it here with us. We have a great group of people and you'll make friends fast. I know I sure did. Coming from Tulsa this will be a drastic change of scenery. I'd like to ask why you're coming all the way to Sin City of all places to live, but I'll save that for later.

You're arriving here just in time for the Rennaissance Faire if you care for that sort of event. I'd suggest you go if you're not to busy unpacking a couple weekends from now and aren't in to much of a financial bind by that time.

And now I'll leave the in-game welcome to the experts.

I hope you have a safe trip here, hun.

- Alyssa/Alacian
Back to top Go down
Surt

Surt

PostSubject: Re: A nomad travels from the east...   A nomad travels from the east... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 12:07 am

greetings and well met Faolan! were always happy to get new fighters and friends on the battlefield. so did you move to vegas permanently? where about do you live? we have members pretty much all over the place. remember we fight every saturday at noon. there's a royal army practice your welcome to attend at 10 a.m. before practice saturday. and a black lions practice every tuesday evening the same location.

king
Back to top Go down
https://baraddun.forumotion.net
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: A nomad travels from the east...   A nomad travels from the east... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 12:46 am

Greetings!

My name is Knubbs. I am the Royal Scribe (Head Paper Pusher) and cant wait to have you out for practice. I'll have a Waiver ready for you at practice. It will take about 2 minutes to complete and you'll be ready for fighting. I believe a person will go over the finer points of our game with you and then give you to the field.

Have a great evening,
Knubbs
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: A nomad travels from the east...   A nomad travels from the east... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 4:21 am

hai! i'm Akeria!! i'm taco's girlfriend and i'm sure you will know who he is instantly as soon as you get on the field but i'm just a cool person well i think so anyway! always happy to meet new people!!! welcome welcome these guys will really make you feel at home! >.<
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
Korinox

Korinox

PostSubject: Re: A nomad travels from the east...   A nomad travels from the east... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 2:54 pm

I give a welcome to all hands on the battle feild Welcome to our lil field of death ^,..,^
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: A nomad travels from the east...   A nomad travels from the east... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 9:23 pm

I have yet to meet a person from the East I didn't like so welcome to the realm! Hope you enjoy your stay in Vegas, there's lots to do and see, and once you get more confortable with the group there is much fun to be had outside fighting shenanigans as well as on the field. Glad to have another fighter.

-Phoxly of the Black Lions
Back to top Go down
Faolan

Faolan

PostSubject: im in town now..   A nomad travels from the east... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 4:47 pm

So, i finally made to town. i wont be able to show this week, but perhaps next week. all i need to know is the info on where you guys fight and all that. and please be gentle, im new with direction around here.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: A nomad travels from the east...   A nomad travels from the east... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 6:33 pm

What part of town do you live in? North?
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: A nomad travels from the east...   A nomad travels from the east... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 6:53 pm

YAY happy to have you can't wait to meet ya! >.<
Back to top Go down
Faolan

Faolan

PostSubject: Re: A nomad travels from the east...   A nomad travels from the east... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 8:29 pm

i live in Henderson
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: A nomad travels from the east...   A nomad travels from the east... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 11:18 pm

me too!

king

(this post wasn't knubbs..... and yes I know i need to logoff your computer. Smile )
Back to top Go down
Faolan

Faolan

PostSubject: Re: A nomad travels from the east...   A nomad travels from the east... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 4:00 am

O_o??
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: A nomad travels from the east...   A nomad travels from the east... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 5:01 am

yeah you could talk to kilanos surt demi they could probably help you with directions or i'm sure if you asked would give you a ride!
Back to top Go down
Pheasant

Pheasant

PostSubject: Re: A nomad travels from the east...   A nomad travels from the east... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 6:41 am

Welcome we cant wait to see you out their.
Back to top Go down
Faolan

Faolan

PostSubject: Re: A nomad travels from the east...   A nomad travels from the east... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 6:57 am

well, if i can just get the name of the park and its nearest major intersection, i think my mom would figure it out.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: A nomad travels from the east...   A nomad travels from the east... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 3:37 pm

Desert Breeze park. Durango and Twain.

From Durango, Turn on Twain into the park. The southside (towards Flamingo) is an empty desert lot, the Northside (Towards Spring Mountain or Desert Inn) is the beginning of the park.

Come down twain and turn left at the first parking lot. The dog park is to the right. Turn left in the parking lot and come to the Western end where you will see a children's playground and a bunch of gazebo's. We usually grab one of those Gazebo's nearest the parking lot. Look for the medieval bunch.

Its a good drive from Henderson, Henderson is to the far south, and the park is to the far West. I make the drive every Saturday but my jeep is too loaded to offer a ride. Luckily Surt and Kilanos live over that way. However, if your mom is willing to drop you off, good. See you then.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: A nomad travels from the east...   A nomad travels from the east... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 12:27 am

konradr you're the best!
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: A nomad travels from the east...   A nomad travels from the east... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 4:52 am

The dog park is on the left side of the street is what Konradr means to say, not the right side of it. If you get to the dog park you have gone too far. It is the first parking lot between Durango and the Dog Park.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: A nomad travels from the east...   A nomad travels from the east... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 5:50 am

Actually, I meant when you turn into the parking lot, the dog park is on the right, but actually your explanation is better Phoxly, because I think the Basketball courts are on that side of the parking lot. Thx for fixin' it.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: A nomad travels from the east...   A nomad travels from the east... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 2:24 pm

Oh okay Very Happy if nothin else he can call one of us, I think we have a contacts page somewhere..?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A nomad travels from the east...   A nomad travels from the east... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A nomad travels from the east...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Barad'Dun The Western Tower :: Our Chapter-
Jump to: