Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

my brother...surt

Go down 
+6
Sarabi
Strider
Smithy
Loganius
Knubbs
Ymir
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ymir

Ymir

my brother...surt Empty
PostSubject: my brother...surt   my brother...surt I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 11:11 pm

hello friends,

i just wanted to check in and see how you are all doing.
i know in these awful times, words cannot explain the sadness and anger we all feel. i really dont know what to say...... i can only hope that my brother is in a better place. maybe fighting sweet battles in the sky. me and josh have always been unsure about the topic of religion. but i really hope there is more. and that he is happy. it hurts so bad that someone took him from us. and i dont think i will ever recover. not sure that i want to. i truly hope you can carry on his dream of Barad'Dun. in times of despair, remember Surt. and carry on to fight the next battle.

i am still in the process of rebuilding The Northern Guard. his first attempt in Dag. i have met a few of you and had as much fun as one could have in these dark times. i can only imagine how much fun the rest of the chapter is. i am attempting to recover my brother's garb from his car and have it sent home. i would love to battle in it to honor him at Ragnarok this coming summer. that is, if you wouldnt mind.

also, the northern guard is considering being part of the barad'dun "foreign army"? not sure what you call it. and maybe meet at Rag and fight as one. i need a copy of the codex and other chapter things that i can look over. i would love to be a part of my brothers vision. i hope you accept our group in your realm.

also i wanted to say that you are all family to me. and if you visit michigan you all have a place to stay and party. lots of open field to battle too! Surt's home is your home.
I love you all.....and I love you Josh
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

my brother...surt Empty
PostSubject: Re: my brother...surt   my brother...surt I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 11:26 pm

Greetings John,

Welcome to the boards!

We are making some final revisions to the codex and it will be done. Smile

Quote :

also, the northern guard is considering being part of the barad'dun "foreign army"? not sure what you call it. and maybe meet at Rag and fight as one. i need a copy of the codex and other chapter things that i can look over. i would love to be a part of my brothers vision. i hope you accept our group in your realm.

I believe the Royal Army has room for the brother to our king. Smile Just give us a bit of time and the Northern Guard should be a welcome addition.
Back to top Go down
Ymir

Ymir

my brother...surt Empty
PostSubject: Re: my brother...surt   my brother...surt I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 11:37 pm

sweet...that would make me very happy!
Back to top Go down
Ymir

Ymir

my brother...surt Empty
PostSubject: Re: my brother...surt   my brother...surt I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 11:38 pm

o...and my name"john the brave" is only temporary until i find a better one Smile
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

my brother...surt Empty
PostSubject: Re: my brother...surt   my brother...surt I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 12:42 am

Since Surt was short for Surtur, who is the leader of the fire giants. You could be Mir, which is short for Ymir, leader of the ice giants. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ymir

Ymir

my brother...surt Empty
PostSubject: Re: my brother...surt   my brother...surt I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 12:51 am

wow...i just looked all that up! thats awesome. i didnt know thats the origin of the name surt. i will take your suggestion! i am Ymir! and it works. ice giant.....snow....snows in the north...northern guard HAHA! nice dude!
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

my brother...surt Empty
PostSubject: Re: my brother...surt   my brother...surt I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 12:52 am

Im cool like that. Smile but remember, Ymir is the formal name.... only go by Mir... Smile
Back to top Go down
Ymir

Ymir

my brother...surt Empty
PostSubject: Re: my brother...surt   my brother...surt I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 12:52 am

i love you knubbs
Back to top Go down
Ymir

Ymir

my brother...surt Empty
PostSubject: Re: my brother...surt   my brother...surt I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 1:09 am

pronounced?? E-mear? thats what it looks like when i look it up. just wanting to double check
Back to top Go down
Loganius

Loganius

my brother...surt Empty
PostSubject: Re: my brother...surt   my brother...surt I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 2:18 am

I never thought I'd see the day when the Northern Guard joins Barad'dun! It shall be a glorious one. And im not sure if I should use my greek name Loganius for dag as well, any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Smithy
Admin
Smithy

my brother...surt Empty
PostSubject: Re: my brother...surt   my brother...surt I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 9:10 am

I've tried the multiple name thing. Trust me, Loganius is fine.
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

my brother...surt Empty
PostSubject: Re: my brother...surt   my brother...surt I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 9:36 pm

I wish I could have made it to Michigan for Surt. But I know he would be happy to welcome his brother and the Northern Guard to Barad'Dun, and we will battle together in honor of Surt at Ragnarok for sure.
Back to top Go down
Ymir

Ymir

my brother...surt Empty
PostSubject: Re: my brother...surt   my brother...surt I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 1:41 am

nice...cant wait! now i just need to get josh's garb Sad
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

my brother...surt Empty
PostSubject: Re: my brother...surt   my brother...surt I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 4:08 am

Rag for sure!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
K'urn

K'urn

my brother...surt Empty
PostSubject: Re: my brother...surt   my brother...surt I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 3:02 am

i guess this would be a good place for this. I was considering having a funeral pyre for Surt at Rag.....if so, I would like to create a 'straw' man with some of Surt's battle garb, perhaps his surcoat?
What do u guys think?

K-
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

my brother...surt Empty
PostSubject: Re: my brother...surt   my brother...surt I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 7:42 am

Sounds cool K'urn. I wouldn't mind doing the same thing at War of Reckoning, but with a wooden mock up of a long ship, and a Barad'dun flag draped over the straw effigy.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Smithy
Admin
Smithy

my brother...surt Empty
PostSubject: Re: my brother...surt   my brother...surt I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 8:43 am

I like the idea but I think it should only be done once. I think that Rag would be the better place. And maybe I'm just rambling here but such a ceremony could be held not just for Surt , though he would be the catalyst, but for anyone in Dag who has been lost to us.

A funeral pyre turned to a life party sort of mixer.

Just a thought.

As for burning a Barad'Dun flag, all I can ask is please don't. I understand that burning represents an ending but the flag represents all of us. My burning of a sash was diiferent. A sash is worn by the individual as a symbol of pride and affiliation upon which comradere and memories are built. A flag is the banner under which individuals unite.

Cool
Back to top Go down
Ymir

Ymir

my brother...surt Empty
PostSubject: Re: my brother...surt   my brother...surt I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 11:11 pm

i agree...and not sure if i feel comfortable burning his clothes either. im still trying to acquire his garb so i can wear it for dag and such.
Back to top Go down
Smithy
Admin
Smithy

my brother...surt Empty
PostSubject: Re: my brother...surt   my brother...surt I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 7:55 am

I just found out that some of his clothing was in his car. It's in the impound lot. We'll see what we can to about that on our end for you.

Cool
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

my brother...surt Empty
PostSubject: Re: my brother...surt   my brother...surt I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 9:42 am

oh shit that sucks! O.o hope you guys can get ahold of it!
Back to top Go down
Ymir

Ymir

my brother...surt Empty
PostSubject: Re: my brother...surt   my brother...surt I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 7:50 pm

that would be sooo great. that would make my day!
Back to top Go down
Isk

Isk

my brother...surt Empty
PostSubject: Re: my brother...surt   my brother...surt I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 7:55 am

Smithy, we would really like to recognize Surt's passing somehow at WoR. Personally, I really like the boat-pyre idea, but if you guys want to save that for Rag we'll respect that. Any suggestions on how you would like us to remember Surt at WoR are welcome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.antirdearg.com
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

my brother...surt Empty
PostSubject: Re: my brother...surt   my brother...surt I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 8:21 pm

Isk wrote:
Smithy, we would really like to recognize Surt's passing somehow at WoR. Personally, I really like the boat-pyre idea, but if you guys want to save that for Rag we'll respect that. Any suggestions on how you would like us to remember Surt at WoR are welcome.

Booze and cake, maybe a booze cake.
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

my brother...surt Empty
PostSubject: Re: my brother...surt   my brother...surt I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 12:14 am

my goodness!!!
Back to top Go down
Smithy
Admin
Smithy

my brother...surt Empty
PostSubject: Re: my brother...surt   my brother...surt I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 7:50 am

Y'know Strider when you said that the first thing that popped into my mind was a cake adorned with those little chocolates that have alcohol in them.

Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

my brother...surt Empty
PostSubject: Re: my brother...surt   my brother...surt I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my brother...surt
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next