Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

ancient writtings

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Acrid the Fool

Acrid the Fool

ancient writtings Empty
PostSubject: ancient writtings   ancient writtings I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 6:28 am

as many probably dont know i love to make up stories. im working on 2 series right now, most of it is in my head cuz honestly im kinda lazy and cant force my creativity very well. this is some old stuff i wrote for a myspace blog back in 2007. i havent even edited it since that and many problems i had back then have been hammered out by now. so if your bored or genuinely interested give it a read

Hello, Welcome the The Universe
         Blank, dark, emptiness filled with the scattering twilight of very distant stars is cast behind the foreground. At the point of focus lies hundreds of giant earthen spheres all rotating silently around three orbs of immense heat and flame. The three suns of Ay-Sa, each different in size than the others, fixed at a perfect distance from an imaginary point in the exact center of the three stars. Their prominences shooting out like arms to caress the faces of its brothers. Magnificent is their energy to provide sustenance for the near uncountable societies of life that lived on the planets that circled slowly around them.
         This is the solar system of Ay-Sa (working name) and main stage for the characters and story. By being so expansive, the number and differences of places and creatures is absolutely open-ended and infinite. Ay-Sa has its own set of rules but just like real life there are exceptions to these rules and as the reader will learn, Ay-Sa holds many secrets.
         A main factor of life in this existence is the presence of magic and the ability to shape energy into spells. The process used to access this useful tool is named the Aura System. I have been working on this system for some time now, it has gone through many changes and still has some kinks in some of the technical situations, but I will describe it as I have it now.
          When a soul is bonded with its natural body, it produces a new kind of energy that goes by many names: chi, chakra, aura, essence, etc. but for the purpose of avoiding confusion, i refer to it as aura, thus the name Aura System. This force has the ability of producing energy of many different elements (fire, water, etc., we will go over the full list later). However, this energy is not unlimited nor is it in a useable state.
          A beings aura can only store a limited amount of Potential Magical Energy (or PME but I will use the classic RPG term mp because it can easily be recognized). Until that limit is reached the aura will produce mp to store. When this mp is used to create elemental energy it is in a "raw" state and cannot create or control that element. It is possible through training, focus, and time to develop this "raw" energy into a useable state, although this rarely occurs outside of gods, who, from birth, can control a single, designated element.
         The need for the general populace to be able to cast spells makes the use of Format Spells very necessary. Format Spells are tools used to turn the "raw" energy into pure elemental force. By comparison, Format Spells cost much more mp than identical Unformatted Spells (magic where Format Spells are not used), but require much less focus. In appearance, Format Spells can be any shape and size but are usually small spheres with markings and symbols, they most often have a color and transparency similar to amber with a tint of color associated with the element it creates. These objects must first be dissolved into ones aura before they can be used, there is a maximum to the number an aura can hold as well.
          No spell comes with an assigned name. When you find, purchase, create or somehow obtain a Format Spell you can name it whatever you like (there are preferred methods of naming though). However, NAMING IS CRUCIAL. Keeping names simple and easy to remember allows characters to use a shortcut in activating Format Spells during battle. To activate a Format Spell you must focus on it for a brief period of time. No matter how brief, it is difficult to split your focus when someone is charging at you with a sword. But by calling out the name of a spell, you trigger, what I call, Spontaneous Memory Recall which instantly gives some focus to the spell while you call its name. So it is easy to see why effective spell naming is useful.
          Well, i think that’s enough technical mumbo-jumbo for you guys to chew on for now. Next time Ill be discussing each individual element and hopefully Ill start diving into the plot and characters soon. Feel free to leave comments, especially questions you might have so I can clear up things that you might be confused with. Thank you.

P.s. if your bored count how many times I said "energy" or how often I should have used an apostrophe but didn’t (oops, there’s one, make it two)

Wrath of the Elements
     In my last blog, I introduced you to the concept of magic theory, to continue on that topic I'm going to show you the much more interesting Elements. This is a main subject in character differences and customization but also where many problems I have yet to solve arise. With these elements, I'm trying to allow my magic to have spells to do anything, with some exceptions. Without further ado, I give you the elements with definitions.
      Basic Elements- these are the classic four elements that have been used many times before but no magic system would be complete without them:
Fire- this is the element of heat and how it reacts with oxygen and other combustible materials. Speeding up particles to ignite flames or burn.
Water- the element of the most important liquid in existence. Manipulations of H2O as water, ice, and mist.
Wind- the control of oxygen and other dominate natural gasses in the atmosphere such as nitrogen and carbon dioxide. This also contains the ability to control the vibrations through air particles we call sound.
Earth- the control of minerals and earthen materials. This includes: sand, rock metal, crystal and some bomb-like explosive components.
Extra Basic Elements- these two elements have also been used many times, often being classified within one of the basic elements or competing for the place of the fifth element. I decided to use both. They are more complex than the other four and often have similar but more intense disciplines.
Electricity- the control of electrons, whether free or extra electrons stored in objects. This includes: lightning, static, and magnetic forces.
Nature- the element of carbon in soulless, living or once living, life and also what that life could produce. In other words, plants, poisons, and fuels, that were once plants. This is a difficult one I am still working on.
Personal Energies- these elements do not exist in a world void of beings, but only in the presence of souls. There is no god for these elements because their dominance would be over all life and anything that compromises universal free will is impossible to do.
·       Aura- blank energy without any elemental properties. This is where most support magic is aligned as well as non-elemental spells. Aura is basically a miscellaneous shelf of spells that have no real element.
·       Spirit- the power of ones identity. This element is often combined with others for special condition spells. Examples of spells would be: almost anything to do with souls or "ghosts", transformations, and summon spells.
·       Mental- the power of the mind. This is one I'm not fond of. It's very hard to explain and often seems pointless. However, without it some things seem impossible to do such as memory erasing or brain control. I'd like to request suggestions for this one too.

Complex Elements- elements that have extreme varying disciplines from the basic and extra basic elements. Some of them relate to an alignment or purpose.
·       Time- a very powerful element. Time is nothing more than the measurement of constant change but by altering that measurement you can conceptually pull off some ridiculous actions. Speeding up, slowing down, stopping and reversing are some of those actions.
·       Space- another powerful element. This time it's the measurement of the distance from Point A to Point B. Teleporting, warping, or obliterating all that's in between. Its motto would be like "Why move the river when you can move the riverbed?" as a good metaphor.
·       Gravity- as with our universe, Ay-Sa is held together by this attractive force. The god of gravity, Atamos, is known for his fighting style, "Waiting Fist". He can simply extend his fist forward and cause his target to fall into it by increasing their gravitational force. He can also walk on any surface just as easily an on the ground of a planet or reduce the gravity and "jump like a freak".
·       Holy- element of righteousness, light, purity, and good. This magic is based off putting the needs of others before your own and achieves goals that the user believes is for good even if the majority of society sees it at evil. Healing is common but holy has some wicked attack spells as well.
·       Evil- the obvious opposite to holy. Dark, demonic and impure, it is based off the feeling of hurting others to benefit ones self. This element has the interesting ability to animate dead bodies without souls as well.
·       Shadow- this element is created by a scientist now simply known as Shadow, who now is the god of the element he created. Shadows are a physical mass of light (holy) and dark (evil) blended. It is both created and destroyed by the light but exists along side the dark. Most shadows exist in the Shadow Realm. The Shadow Realm is a near mimic of Ay-Sa with everything made of shadow mass and shadow beings replacing Ay-Sa's species. This is a very important element in the story line with many of it's own rules.
·       Chaos- all elements, besides this one, are equal in power at their maximum levels. Meaning, if the god of fire fought the god of water it would be a contest of skill not element. But chaos is outstandingly more powerful than any element at its maximum. It is the only element that, in it's raw state, is visible, as like a neon green flow of energy, and destructive. It is based off the impulses to destroy and, sometimes, create without cause. Examples of this feeling would be standing on a bridge above traffic with a brick in your hand. The amount of chaos in your soul will dictate your next move. However, this is the only element that needs "unlocking". It is rare that a being has enough chaos to produce an aura or activate a chaos Format Spell. Normally certain types of events have to trigger the increase of chaos in a beings soul before they can use chaos effectively. Chaos is a very unique energy with many secrets that will be exposed through its important role in the story.

Some similar spells can be performed with different elements suggesting that the elements blend. This is true; in fact many Format Spells will use a combination of elements to activate. Volcanic abilities, for example can be performed by either using fire, earth, or most likely a combination. All spells that transform or summon require some percentage of spiritual energy to trigger. There are, naturally, infinite combinations.
     I quickly realized a problem after I had created this system. If two people with the same amount of mp have the ability to activate a spell, how can you tell who is better at the element of that Format Spell? It was a simple solution, it was now obvious that fixed mp costs wouldn't work; the mp cost would have to vary according to how well someone can use that element. This also means a spell could be too powerful, and cost too much mp for a person to activate but they can eventually get better at that element and lower its cost to be activated. There is minimum mp cost requirements for all Format Spells, preventing spells from becoming too powerful for their cost.
     I wanted the ability to have certain characters to have signature moves that nobody else would be able to do, or it would be very difficult to do. You could make your own Format Spell, sure, but if someone wanted to create that same Format Spell they could copy your method and create their own. So I created soul skills and curses.
Soul skills are traits either inherited from lineage or developed as rare occurrences in only one individual's soul. Soul skills do not require any mp to use; they normally have different types of activations and limits. Some soul skills mimic Format Spells while others do things that normally would be impossible. Soul curses differ from skills in that they are uncontrollable and usually have some downside along with any advantages, if there are any.      This is the system almost all magic using individuals use. The few exceptions are Magi and Entities, which I will focus upon when the time comes. Finally that the Aura System is explained, next time I will give a brief summary setting up the prologue and main story without revealing any key plot points so I can begin focusing on the stuff I need creative input on.
     Thank you for reading, as always please comment on any suggestions, questions, or opinions you may have.
Back to top Go down
Acrid the Fool

Acrid the Fool

ancient writtings Empty
PostSubject: Re: ancient writtings   ancient writtings I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 6:30 am

and heres some character bios i wrote about a year ago.

Character Descriptions

Genesis-
History-
Became the first and last god of Chaos. Born into a distant branch of the Dark god blood line, as a Dark demi-god he lived as aristocracy. He attended extremely private schools only attended by reletives of gods and demi-gods and those in extreme favor of those groups. As a demi-god his only assumed responsibility in life would be to serve the Dark god (at the time Beelzabub). However this did not sit well with Genesis' rebellious soul and the large amount of Chaos it contained. He countinued his schooling much farther than most demi-gods and attended many lectures taught by the gods. His curosity and lust for knowledge and power fueled his delveing into past and long forgotten magic. Through expirmention he increased the Chaos in his soul and gained a vast amount of power. During this phase Bahamut grew increasingly curious as to the activities of Genesis, so much so that it became his top priority and he neglected many important things including his own wife, Nova, the Wind goddess. Nova, feeling ignored and alone found comfort in the attension provided by Genesis. This led to an affair between the two and the conception of her second son, Acrid. The climax of Genesis' power growth led him to open the rift into the universe, Pandamonium, and pulled forth the destructive creatures that existed there, thus began the war between the Gods and the Weapons. However, this did not go as he planned, upon the summoning of the Weapons the Gatekeeper Entity was awakened and closed the rift on Genesis' hand, destroying his body and forcing his soul into the abyss of Pandamonium.
Apperance-
He is about 6' with better than average upper body strength and build. He has a strong face with eyes that radiate with the emerald green glow of Chaos energy. His hair is yellow blonde and flows upward. He wears clothing of a tattered yet armored appearance, lightly dressed with little weight and many decorations such as tassels.
Character-
Genesis is extremly intelligent and very charismatic, able to play to an individuals weak spots with efficincy to get the exact reactions he wants out of them. He is cocky and often sarcastic and sly. His ultimate goal is to gain enough power to become the one and only Entity of All, God. His fighting style mainly uses his incredible Chaos aura as force but he also uses a one handed blade and is very skilled with it.

Fenrir-
History-
Fenrir is the god of Space. He is the last member of the Space god heiritage and also is unique in the fact that he is a werewolf. He is not the typical cursed werewolf as it is more just his breed and he can change from full wolf to full man and the entire specturm in between at will. He is the discoverer of the destructive energy created by the friction of space on space, Ragnarok. During a battle in the war between the Gods and the Weapons, a Weapon attempt to assilimalate Fenrirs aura and pysche, Fenrir fought it off and instead gained a large amount of Chaos and an increased aura from the beast but lost his sainity. He defeated the Weapon and in his insainity countinued on a rampage destorying friend and foe. He threated to use Ragnarok to oblitirate Ay-Sa, the gods promtly captured and binded Fenrir and sealed his power.
Appearance-
He is about 5'8" average in frame with slight muscle defintion. He has a young looking face with a small nose and deep dark blue eyes. His hair is silver white and lies in cornrows that flows out around the crown of the neck. He regular attire is black tight clothing adorned with silver metal armor decorated with his crest, the shadow of a howling wolf against the full moon. After his consealment he appears as a man in a straight jacket or a wolf with a collar and leash. His wolf form is that of silver white wolf.
Character-
Before the war, he was a cool, collected and calm individual. He was disliked by very few, he spent most of his time with his duties as a god or doing research into Space. He often was teased for his condition being called "Wolfboy" or referred to as a pup, as long as it wasnt derrogitory it rarely bothered him and he would play into it. Genesis was the exception where Fenrir would become angred at his jests. After the loss of his sanity he became confused and easily excited often laughing at random or inappropriate times. His mind blurred reality and his imagination together and his voice changes tone and volume randomly. Sometime, although rarely, he will have a small glimpse of clearness and sanity where he becomes calm and can speak with rationality and sence. When fighting he uses his fists and his sharp claws as weapons and even going so primal as to use his fangs. He utilizes his Spacial magic to quickly teleport from point to point and altering the physical plane to twist opponents flesh.

Bahamut-

History-
Bahamut is the god of Dragons along with his twin sister Tiamat. He is married to the goddess of Wind, Nova, and is the father of Aerazairmeth. He is a well respected and trusted member of the Pantheon and is very active in his role as a god. While Genesis had begun his research into Chaos, Bahamut began to suspect him of bad intentions and made it his duty to discover Genesis' plans. This led to an near obsession. He became blind to the needs of others including his wife, which led to her infidelity. They would later apologize for their mistakes and reconsile. During the war between the Gods and the Weapons, Bahamut became a major warrior in the fight and weakened many of the beasts. However, at the fight against the last and most powerful weapon, Omega, Bahamut suffered an incredibly crippling injury that would leave him bed ridden until his death.
Appearance-
Bahamut is a large great dragon with brownish-red scales, massive wings and a horned crest that extends outward from just above his eyebrows. In his human form he is a mountian of a man standing about 7' 2" with very broad shoulders and huge muscular arms. He retains his wings but at a much more proportioned size which he folds under his cloak. His face is very stern and serious with a nose that angles flat and a prominant and strong brow. His normal attire is a short sleeve or even tank top shirt and large baggy pants both in dark colors. He also casually wears a large cloak which he uses to cover his wings and his sheathed blade, it has frayed edges marking the amount of use it has seen.
Character-
He is serious and quiet in nature but will speak his mind when he feels it appropriate. He has stereotypical draconic pride and rarely admitts to being wrong. He is a born leader and very strongwilled. As the god of Dragons he does not have an affinity to an element but as a desendant of Falak, the first Dragon god, is armed with multiple distinct soul abilities that can be used in battle. His aura is strongest in the Lightning element and he can use higher class format spells for it. He weilds an amazingly large, long handled claymore called Khrysol which was forged by one of his soul abilities, embedding it with many mystical properties. He is a hard hitter and will switch from human form to dragon form many times in a fight. His most famous soul skill is the Gigaflare energy attack.
Back to top Go down
Acrid the Fool

Acrid the Fool

ancient writtings Empty
PostSubject: Re: ancient writtings   ancient writtings I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 6:49 am

and this goes here too

Entity
An entity is a being that is a soul bonded to a physical manifestation of a thought or purpose. An example of this is the Grim Reaper as the entity of death. As long as that purpose exists they will also exist and vice-versa, this renders them immortal. Entities don’t use the magic system that most beings use; their powers are limitless as long as it is fulfilling their purpose. Entities often look and act like clichés and metaphors of their purpose

Important story entities

Entity of Life/Creation/Existence/All- a theoretical and religious entity. serves as the role of God and believed in differently by different groups

Gatekeeper Entity- serves as the guardian between the two universes, Ay-Sa and Pandemonium. His purpose is to prevent the universes from mingling and to decide what passes through the gateway. He was locked into slumber until Genesis forced open the rift to Pandemonium to pull through the Weapons. He was too late to prevent the intrusion of the weapons but was able to destroy Genesis' body and pull his soul into Pandemonium. His appearance is that of a human and a draconic-looking weapon fused back to back. His weapon is long chains bound to his arms and legs that can change size and his ability to manipulate the rift he exists in.

Oathkeeper Entity- when any being wishes for something with the very whole of their spirit and is willing to sacrifice something for it the Oathkeeper Entity may answer. He exists within his own realm. The realm is filled with objects and prices people have paid for his serves. He can provide anything to anyone but requires something of similar importance. Aerazermeth offered his soul to this entity in exchange for the ability to defeat the Omega weapon, an extremely powerful creature who had destroyed many planets and slaughtered many gods. Aerazermeth was givin a soul ability that could destroy Omega but would also destroy his own body and release the soul for the Oathkeeper to harvest.

Chaos Entity- this entity is an embodiment of the element chaos. It is a fusion of the two characters known as the chaos twins, Zazachar and Achilles. It appears during a pivotal battle and unleashes all the worlds’ chaos in an attack to decimate Acrid. After the attack Achilles sacrifices himself to dissolve the entity to remove the chaos element from existence. Because this entity actually "dies" we get to see how it affects the nature of the universe. The appearance is human shaped but has creature like appendages and its symmetry is thrown off by a number of things and is decorated by the symbol of chaos.

Shadow Entity- another elemental entity, this one for shadow. This one never actually appears or appears for an extremely limited time, it’s more theoretical. When Shadow battles Sharok for the final time, Shadow amasses alot of power and gains control over the entire shadow realm. This power is said to be near entity level but because of Shadows attachment to people and life he could never become fully absolved by the shadows and is limited to only being a powerful god.

The Blades- the blades are soulless weapon shaped entities that are embodiments of basic negative emotions. Because they are soulless unlike most entities they are based on different rules. Whoever wields one of these blades serves as a proxy entity and is allowed to control the designated emotion in sentient beings. But because they are in contact with what is essentially all of that emotion they constantly feel that emotion very strongly. Wielders often fall into clichés and metaphors of their blades emotion as part of the entity condition. The blades are Guilt, Fear, Jealousy, Anger, Despair, and Insanity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ancient writtings Empty
PostSubject: Re: ancient writtings   ancient writtings I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ancient writtings
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Barad'Dun The Western Tower :: Real Life :: Idle Muses-
Jump to: