Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Goodwinds order!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Phoxly

Phoxly

Goodwinds order! Empty
PostSubject: Goodwinds order!   Goodwinds order! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 5:07 am

I will be putting in a Goodwinds order by Friday, and am inviting anyone who needs a new sword or kit to go in on a few to save on the $20 in shipping alone. So far Dustin, Templar, and Taco are going to be getting something.

Kitespar (hollow fiberglass, light, but not nearly as durable) You want the .524 for blues shorter than 34" and javies.
http://www.goodwinds.com/merch/list.shtml?cat=fiberglass.tubularfiberglass

Solid Round Fiberglass (1/2" is the best way to go)
http://www.goodwinds.com/merch/list.shtml?cat=fiberglass.solidfiberglass

I messaged Isk and let him know we are putting the order in, if we put it in by Friday and he wants to add something we can deliver it on the 15th when our guys come to visit.

If you order something, money will be due when it arrives and we will split the cost of shipping ($3-$4 each)

I will also be taking donations over the next few weeks to get new loaner sword materials (now that we have some extra loaner shields) for the new fighters in our group and to have at combatcon. These will be for people who have fought less than 3 months. For any vets who donate, no you will not be able to use the weapons that are built, but it will stop you from having to loan your gear out to new fighters who don't have equipment yet. Any bit helps, $10 is enough Volora for 2-3 swords, or 2-4 cores. These loaners will be built by whoever wants to help + myself, Templar, and Taco on a yet to be planned build day.

Let me know by Friday what you want Smile

Last edited by Phoxly on Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Convel

Convel

Goodwinds order! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodwinds order!   Goodwinds order! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 6:35 pm

Sent you a PM with what Izzy and I want to add to your order.

-Convel
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

Goodwinds order! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodwinds order!   Goodwinds order! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 10:45 pm

Isk highly recommended the Max Gains site for their 1/2" hollow fiberglass round tubes if anyone wants something lighter than a solid fiberglass tube that won't break as easy under stress as kitespar (thicker wall). Currently I'm only ordering from Goodwinds to save on shipping.

I hear that Goodwinds can cut the cores for you too, so if you get a 64" of .524 you can have it cut into 2 for 32" swords.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

Goodwinds order! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodwinds order!   Goodwinds order! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 11:38 pm

I'm actually thinking of moving toward a Max Gains Systems order, they have the 1/2" tubes and solids. The tubes are almost as light as kitespar with a thicker wall...

Quote from Isk:

Isk wrote:

Thanks for inviting us in, but I'm stocked on kitespar right now. For me, kitespar is just for javs from here on out. If you guys are only getting this for blues I'd REALLY recommend you go with Max Gain instead. The price will be about the same, but the weapons will last longer. The only reason I would stick with placing the order from Goodwinds is if you want to get some longer cores for javs. If you do switch, I will order a stick or two of the 1/2" round tube from MaxGain along with you, but I don't need anymore jav cores right now.

Check out my comparison chart here:
http://antirdearg.com/content/core_material_weights_and_costs_fiberglass

The 1/2" round tube is about 1/2 the price and the kitespar is only about 25% lighter. My two primary swords are from the 0.524" and the 1/2" round MaxGain. I don't know which is which anymore. By the time you get it padded and balanced, it is unlikely that it will make any performance difference to have used the kitespar, but it will very likely make a difference in longevity.

The solid 1/2 round fiberglass is still a good option from Goodwinds though, and I think Dustin wanted to try a kitespar Jav. If we aren't hooked on the kitespar part of the order we can get the half inch round solid from Max Gains and get some of the hollow instead of the kitespar (it's cheaper too.)

Just trying to look at which place will get us more bank for our buck and get people what they want for cores.
Back to top Go down
Convel

Convel

Goodwinds order! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodwinds order!   Goodwinds order! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 12:35 am

Cheaper and stronger is always better in my book....
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

Goodwinds order! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodwinds order!   Goodwinds order! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 4:45 pm

We'll be going with Max Gains instead. All of their fiberglass comes at a default length of 8ft (96") enough for 3x 32" cores for swords!, 34" after it's finished.

I'll place the order around 4pm and it should be here by next week.

So far I 1/2" round have orders from:

Convel (1 solid, 1 tube)
Konradr (2 solid, 2 tube)
Dustin (Assuming you want 2 of the hollow fiberglass tubes now)
Templar (2 solid)
Isk (2 tube)
Phoxly (2 solid, 2 tube. 1 is for Taco)

Let me know if you want to add something else to the order before 4pm.

http://www.mgs4u.com/fiberglass-tube-rod.htm

They can cut it for you if you want, for .50 cents per cut*. Details on their site.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

Goodwinds order! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodwinds order!   Goodwinds order! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 2:27 am

Order is in, I guess I need to wait for a receipt to get a total and what the cost of shipping was.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

Goodwinds order! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodwinds order!   Goodwinds order! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 4:52 am

Back to top Go down
Taco

Taco

Goodwinds order! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodwinds order!   Goodwinds order! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 11:19 pm

says it should be there today.
Back to top Go down
Taco

Taco

Goodwinds order! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodwinds order!   Goodwinds order! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 9:59 pm

im putting in a goodwinds order on monday for kitespar for javs any one intressed there about 20 - 30 bucks a core so.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

Goodwinds order! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodwinds order!   Goodwinds order! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 11:50 pm

For a weapon:
FL-524-75 75.0” .524” .417” $9.99 - $8.99

For a jav:
FL-602-60 60.0” .602” .499” $10.99 - $9.99

http://geddon.org/index.php/Constructing_a_Javelin

^ They are like $9 or $10 a core....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Goodwinds order! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodwinds order!   Goodwinds order! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Goodwinds order!