Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Oh my god. It's female.

Go down 
+3
konradr
Strider
Alacian
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

Oh my god. It's female. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh my god. It's female.   Oh my god. It's female. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 4:10 am

I tried to read this ongoing post between you and stryder and couldn't through it. Its late at night and I had to work 10 hours OT today. So I will try and read it all tomorrow when I'm wide awake, if that's possible. I have some extra waivers that I have been bringing to practice. Just show up, we'll let you practice to see if you like it. If you do take a waiver home. If you are under 18, you have to have your parent either sign it in my presence (at practice) or have them have it notorized and then give me the waiver next time you come out. We are equal opportunity foam bashers. If you want to swing foam in close combat, you will be hit. period. If you take that, great. If you just want to be an archer and then yield when someone closes on you, that's fine too. We just want you to have fun and participate.

We are going to try and get Realm donations going as soon as we buy a cash box and stuff. Surt, our great leader who has been absent all summer, does not want to make donations mandatory. If you love the Realm and Dagorhir we hope all can donate some so we can do some of the great things we keep talking about, like Tabards for loaner garb, and the first Barad'dun campout, etc. Not to mention Realm road trips. We have loaner weapons and shields. There's more satisfaction in using something you have made yourself. Best to see what the weapons look like and ask someone how they are made, etc.

I'm 45 Stryder, so if you guessed anything less than that. Thank you.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Oh my god. It's female.   Oh my god. It's female. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 4:19 am

To Stryder -

Ha ha. Nice.

Also for the record. Textual games take more than just a little coding. There's a LOT of creativity behind it. Maybe we'll get a chance during a water break ad I'll talk to you about it on Saturday. If you turn out not to be a five hundred pound man, sixty-eight years old and looking for a suga momma I'll exchange numbers and invite you for DnD sometime. lol

But. Really. Text games are a good starter to get your feet wet in design. Though it's different from sitting there making graphical images. It still stirs your creative juices.

To Kon -

Don't worry about reading all of it. It's just us bsing quite a bit. As far as foam combat goes. I'd love to. No archery for me.

I hope work went well..despite sleep deprivation, love. I do look forward to seeing you at practice. I'll have my mom come sign it on Saturday when she drops me off. I can do that without a problem.

Also I don't mind being hit. It happens. It'll be fun.

As far as donations are concerned. I figured there would be. I'm just waiting for work to start again at the beginning of the month so I can pay dues, etc. If I stay, I'll start paying as I can. I think if people intend to participate in something they love, they can support it. Sure, the economy is pissing in everyone's cheerio's lately. That just means if we all do it together, we'll get to do what we want, and without so much stress on just a few peoples pockets, right? Right.

Anyway. Go get some rest. I'll see you when I come out on Saturday. I'm truly looking forward to it.

Edit: As far as garb and weapons go. Yeah. I'll talk to y'all about it when I get there. I'd like to see how it goes first, etc, etc. But. Yep. From there I'll see what to do and how to do it. I'm rather open minded and docile. A very good grasshopper. -nods-
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: ....   Oh my god. It's female. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 4:45 am

Just so you know I've seen what you posted about me "Alacian" mhahaha =P
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

PostSubject: Re: Oh my god. It's female.   Oh my god. It's female. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 4:47 am

Come on now Konradr, you better have spelled my name wrong because of sleep man geek
And to Alacian- Sure sounds great. Trust me, I'm not five hundred pounds and 68, this game can keep you in pretty good shape!
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Oh my god. It's female.   Oh my god. It's female. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 4:51 am

Drizzt wrote:
Just so you know I've seen what you posted about me "Alacian" mhahaha =P

Ha ha. I'm glad you did. I love you, bro. We're going to have a good time at the practice. Country born. Country bred.....and guess we'll be Tolkein-ish till the day we're dead? Ha ha.

To Strider -- No worries. It'll help get me active again since the three years I've been out this way, too. I can't wait.
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

PostSubject: Re: Oh my god. It's female.   Oh my god. It's female. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 5:02 am

That's good, get pumped and kick some ass!
Back to top Go down
Kilanos

Kilanos

PostSubject: Re: Oh my god. It's female.   Oh my god. It's female. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 5:06 pm

Welcome Alacian! I'm glad you were able to find us here and I look forward to meeting you when you are able to come out to practice. I skimmed through your long lengthy ramblings with strider and enjoyed your enthusiasm in joining us. I must warn you to watch out for Strider as I've heard he is a shifty character.

Well I was going to write more but I have to run off to work. More to come later.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Oh my god. It's female.   Oh my god. It's female. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 5:10 pm

Sorry STRIDER, sleep deprivation, yeah, that's it, better than that old age thing.

St. George is coming out this weekend, let's be garbed and give them a good fight!

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Oh my god. It's female.   Oh my god. It's female. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 5:39 pm

Konradr -

Eh. I won't be garbed this time around. My apologies, love. But I'll be there to sign a waiver. I'll be bringing my brother. *If* my dad is in town by then I'll bring him to participate as well (long haul truck driver).

Kilanos -

Oh, I'm definitely excited. I can't wait. I'll be a regular to every practice if y'all keep me. Heh. This time as said above I won't be garbed properly (most likely not anyway unless I try and wind up kinda shabby-ish in a makeshift tunic, leggings, armbands and definitely not matching shoes. lol). I think I'll stick to wearing something I can move in this time, until pay day next week. *chuckles*

Anyhoo. I'll be there. Most definitely. My thanks for the welcome, doll. I can't wait to meet you and I'm not *to* worried about Strider. Heh heh.

~ Alacian
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Oh my god. It's female.   Oh my god. It's female. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 5:40 pm

The thing that got me and a few others involved in Dagorhir is that episode of Wreakreation nation on the Discovery channel where the host goes to play some Dagorhir. You can find that episode on Youtube. Just do a search of Dagorhir and there is tons of videos of events and practices and how to's on making foam weapons and shields, etc.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Oh my god. It's female.   Oh my god. It's female. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 6:21 pm

Oh. I've seen that show. Jon showed me the first day I posted on here. It's why I posted because I spent an hour looking for groups and finding the one for Vegas. I've also posted a site under 'Helpful Notes' that show how to make foam weapons as well a clothes. (will stick to my leather working books here at home though for garb). I'm a redneck....*le sigh*....I can't use my hatchet...bonesaw...or flaying knife at practice I assume....*pouts*...j/k

I can't wait to spar as well. It will be a lot of fun.

p.s. Am I typing to fast for you between posts here and pm's? I only type a hundred and twenty words per minute. tongue
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

PostSubject: Re: Oh my god. It's female.   Oh my god. It's female. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 6:39 pm

Well, you could use your bonesaw to cut the pvc to make weapons!
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Oh my god. It's female.   Oh my god. It's female. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 6:45 pm

Ha ha. I'm sure I could.

Remember to bring a waiver, boy. My mom'll sign it there. Heh. She's putting a note at the bottom to ask y'all to beat the tar out of me for anything I've done, will do or thought about doing....

So loving she is...That's what you call country lovin'.
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: Oh my god. It's female.   Oh my god. It's female. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 7:33 pm

Welcome!

Welcome to the Realm! I should be there this saturday being as that school let out for a couple weeks.

Cant wait to meet ya.
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Oh my god. It's female.   Oh my god. It's female. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 10:30 pm

Thanks for the welcome! I can't wait to meet you, too. Glad to hear school is out for you.
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

PostSubject: Re: Oh my god. It's female.   Oh my god. It's female. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 10:53 pm

Today was my first day of no more school, woke up at 11am, it was pretty sweet.
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Oh my god. It's female.   Oh my god. It's female. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 11:12 pm

I've been up since five. Lucky you. =P
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Oh my god. It's female.   Oh my god. It's female. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 4:00 pm

Holy crap your introduction dwarfs my introduction 0___o <3 and I just necro'd my first thread -doh-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh my god. It's female.   Oh my god. It's female. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oh my god. It's female.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2