Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Alacian's Daily Muse

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Alacian

Alacian

Alacian's Daily Muse Empty
PostSubject: Alacian's Daily Muse   Alacian's Daily Muse I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 11:27 pm

To bargain, a beggar's curse.
The lapse of a memory, the loss of the worst.
A return of the old, the bloom of the new.
Lost in the time, frozen in what we knew.

Give me a moment, a whisper...a kiss.
Tell me your secrets, show me your bliss.
Distract me from the pain, the sweat and the tears.
Scar me forever, as I whittle the years.

Promises of grandeur, of grace and prestige.
Comatose to the signs, blinded by greed.
A simple man, his stance humble.
Brought to his knees, his foundations rumbled.

Lo from the fires, the prophet did rise
Burning with truth, passion its eyes
Lost to the dread, amusing its scorn
Draped in battered wings, an angel with feelings torn.

- Tre'san (My friend)

Thinking of you...it's been a while, mate. I still remember your work by heart..*smiles*
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: `   Alacian's Daily Muse I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 5:12 am

- Courage -

Courage has nothing to do with being able to win a fight or not possessing fears of your own. Courage is having fear but being able to control it instead of letting it control you.

It takes courage to walk away from certain situations, and flee when confronted with that which is beyond ones skill or comprehension. It's also knowing when to put aside that fear and continuing forth with your heart behind each step.

It takes courage to love, or to be loved by someone. It takes courage to express ones feelings to someone for which they care, and offer a helping hand where need be.

The absence of fear is idiocy, not courage. Courage is pushing that fear aside and doing something good anyway.

You require courage in all situations of life. Just remember that courage without caution is just recklessness. It's a balancing act as with all things.

- Compassion -

Being compassionate is understanding and caring when someone is hurt or troubled. Whether it's caring for a loved one, a stranger or even an animal. Even if you don’t know them, if all you can do is listen and say kind words sometimes that's all they need is someone to be there for them. Being compassionate means forgiving mistakes, and being a friend to someone who needs one.

Without compassion how could any of us even begin to understand one another, or accept one another, or even love a friend, sibling, or lover? How could we -truly- love them?

Just remember not to be blinded by compassion. Sometimes you need to know when to put your foot down and say enough is enough. Blind compassion means you're making yourself a slave to the will of others.

- Courtesy -

Courtesy is being polite and being well mannered. When you speak and act courteously, you give others a feeling of being valued and respected. Courtesy in my mind is a very important virtue to have. If you aren't courteous to your fellow man then you have no respect for them.

The true test of courtesy comes in attempting courtesy in the face of discourtesy. The poor behavior of another is no reason for one to follow suit, to do so would mean one lowering themselves to the ignorance of others.

It is best to try and see instances of discourtesy as tests of one's own virtue and an opportunity to show one's patience. He who successfully shows grace under pressure of courtesy in the face of discourtesy is truly Honorable.

Be careful that excessive courtesy does not twist itself into dishonesty.

~ Grace Stone
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Alacian's Daily Muse   Alacian's Daily Muse I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 9:16 pm

- Textual Art <-> Passion -

Upon the page does a drawing spring forth in vivid gray-scale. Instantly, you are filled with warmth and romanticism as your gaze is drawn unto the page The scene depicts the living room of a cozy looking cottage. Although the scene is fairly dark, it does not seem eerie or imposing. Dark figures smile down from paintings on the wall. A fairly sized, dark stone fireplace sits central in the wall, as the fire throws out plenty of light and flickers shadows across the walls. Small ornaments dress the top of the mantle, obviously filled with sentimental value. You barely see the front of an armchair at the very edge of the picture. What seems to be a lavish rug of plush, fur is spread to a tattered flagstone floor before the fire. On this inviting rug do two lovers enjoy the fire. First, you are drawn to the man who sits upright, his legs laced beneath strong thighs, rather quaint, yet appealing to the eyes. Wild, dark wisps spill from his head in a mass of a stormy-black mane. Bright, vivid gems gaze down to his lap with a smoldering gaze. His skin seems light, even in the gray-scale. His lips are curved just-so, tainting seasoned features with the hint of a smile, yet it‘s vague with thoughtfulness, leaving the onlooker with a sense of wonder. His toned stomach planes downward. Then your eyes take in the girl, whose head is settled on the thigh of her lover. This girl is equally exquisite to the creature whom lounges with her and is lying on the rug beside him. Her hair is equally dark, but much longer as it falls in long, velveteen tresses. It pools around her head in long, satiny curls, completely maintaining her lovers modesty. Her eyes, softer and yet more enticing than her lovers, are half concealed by a silk veil, of long, dark lashes in a state of blissful doziness. Slender arms curl around her chest, covering her breasts almost completely - leaving little on view, and a spur to the imagination. Her stomach is very slim and starts to curl at the navel in a cat-like way. Her long, lean legs curl up to her stomach, covering her intimate self completely. The arrangement of her legs, however, lends the imagination a hint of a delectable derriere. The man allows the leathery palm of a smooth, left hand to sift through the girl's dark tresses, as the other seems to glide, ever-so-delicately over his lovers belly, -- his eyes watching lovingly as his naked lover dozes. These two feline, like lovers are completely immersed in the most intense area of light, throwing shadows and light patches over their beautifully naked bodies. The pair seem entirely comfortable, and because of this, you find yourself drawn to them. The atmosphere radiating from the page is warm and home-like and you are filled with a sense of contentment, if only briefly.

~Grace Stone

(A rough draft from a few years back. Not my best work.)
Back to top Go down
Hxctemplar

Hxctemplar

PostSubject: Re: Alacian's Daily Muse   Alacian's Daily Muse I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 4:29 am

Whoa whoa whoa......We're allowed to post our own stuff here?

xD awesome stuff Alacian. I'm a felllow writer myself. But i'm sure no one here wants to read any of my stuff...since most of it is good ol' romance/extreme smut. Just ask Demi; she's blushed many a time from my stories lol
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: Alacian's Daily Muse   Alacian's Daily Muse I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 4:44 am

Templar, don't you dare post your dirty smut here.
Just like I've told you not to write smut at the dinner table and at Church.

Filthy up your own website and link it here.
=] Far more appropriate.
Back to top Go down
Hxctemplar

Hxctemplar

PostSubject: Re: Alacian's Daily Muse   Alacian's Daily Muse I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 4:53 am

Demie Zephyra wrote:
Templar, don't you dare post your dirty smut here.
Just like I've told you not to write smut at the dinner table and at Church.

Filthy up your own website and link it here.
=] Far more appropriate.

OOOOOOH HAHAHA Demi. Please, this place could use a little 'class'. I'm sure that my writings will be greatly appreciated here. Besides, the father and the waitress at Denny's agreed that my 'smut' was amazing. Too bad the waitress took my story instead of my number.....oh wellz lol
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Alacian's Daily Muse   Alacian's Daily Muse I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 5:03 am

I actually have risque and rather provocative writings myself. I just didn't post them since twelve year olds read this board. I'll link you to mine later, Templar. Ha ha. We'll swap writings sometime or I can even recite some of mine at practice for you. *winks*
Back to top Go down
Aleksander Piotrowski

Aleksander Piotrowski

PostSubject: Re: Alacian's Daily Muse   Alacian's Daily Muse I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 5:03 am

mmmmm, smut.
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: Alacian's Daily Muse   Alacian's Daily Muse I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 5:07 am

We should start a Barad'Dun writers site and post our smut there.
Yeah, I write it too.

Along with other writing for peer review and the like.
We could even help with character creation and stuff for the Royal army.
Back to top Go down
Hxctemplar

Hxctemplar

PostSubject: Re: Alacian's Daily Muse   Alacian's Daily Muse I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 5:14 am

Alacian wrote:
I actually have risque and rather provocative writings myself. I just didn't post them since twelve year olds read this board. I'll link you to mine later, Templar. Ha ha. We'll swap writings sometime or I can even recite some of mine at practice for you. *winks*

Haha. I would love that Alacian. It's nice to meet a fellow writer -winks- ;] I'm sure you have great a many tales which we can share. I also do story trades and commisions, so if you ever want a story, don't hesitate to ask <33

That goes for everyone as well. I'm sure Alex wants some lol. But besides that, I am fairly decent at character bio's and Demi that is a great idea Very Happy We should get a writers thread going on
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Alacian's Daily Muse   Alacian's Daily Muse I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 5:22 am

Hxctemplar wrote:
Alacian wrote:

Haha. I would love that Alacian. It's nice to meet a fellow writer -winks- ;] I'm sure you have great a many tales which we can share. I also do story trades and commisions, so if you ever want a story, don't hesitate to ask <33

That goes for everyone as well. I'm sure Alex wants some lol. But besides that, I am fairly decent at character bio's and Demi that is a great idea Very Happy We should get a writers thread going on

I'm working on a novel right now, too. If you want to swap email addresses I'll let you read the starting of the prologue I've began to outline. You might like it. You just can't share it. lol

Mm. I'll consider the story request, too.

I'm not half bad at bio's either. I've been rping for seven years. I have quite a few saved as it is and will assist anyone that needs it. I think that's a great idea that Demie has as well.
Back to top Go down
Hxctemplar

Hxctemplar

PostSubject: Re: Alacian's Daily Muse   Alacian's Daily Muse I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 5:59 am

A novel? You ever heard of the National Novel Writing Month? During the month of November you write a 175 pg. book by the end of the month.

Don't worry I won't take anything lol I have a couple stories you might like, so long as you don't mind lesbians or pregnancies xD And don't hesitate if you want a story; need to get a habit of writing everyday lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alacian's Daily Muse   Alacian's Daily Muse I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alacian's Daily Muse
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Barad'Dun The Western Tower :: Real Life-
Jump to: