Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Sulking now...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Prysm Stormfallen

Prysm Stormfallen

Sulking now... Empty
PostSubject: Sulking now...   Sulking now... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 10:53 pm

I have a lovely sewing machine - with different feet that can do most things... But neither for love nor money can I find the Buttonhole foot!

And law of sod strikes - I need one!

So, I spend an afternoon searching for one on the internet... Will take minimum 2 weeks to get here, and cost over $25... And that aint even including shipping. Just to make a button hole... GRRRRRR!

And even then I cant guarantee that it will fit cos they say brother sewing machine, but not my model.....

Sooooo tired - I am off back to bed for a couple of hours before my night shift. Lets hope a search from work turns up better things tonight.

Hope you all have a more fruitful day!

P

p.s.
Anyone got a spare one I could borrow...? lolz
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

Sulking now... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sulking now...   Sulking now... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 11:17 pm

You could hand stitch the button?
Back to top Go down
Prysm Stormfallen

Prysm Stormfallen

Sulking now... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sulking now...   Sulking now... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 12:05 am

me? Hand stitch? You have never seen my hand stitching... Be grateful! lol
Back to top Go down
Izmiranna Peregrine

Izmiranna Peregrine

Sulking now... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sulking now...   Sulking now... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 12:35 am

The sewing machine I have has a button hole setting.... *blink*
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001046867423
Prysm Stormfallen

Prysm Stormfallen

Sulking now... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sulking now...   Sulking now... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 1:21 am

oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............

Its for that green/bronze fabric... I need to make buttonholes to thread the ribbon thru - can I have a look at your machine (and its accessories) to see if it would work.... And then borrow it for a couple of hours if it will...?

If not, I have found a stitch on my machine that might work - it makes a small circular sewing stitch that is like a mini button hole - the kind you get for threading cord thru... That might work with really narrow ribbon.

P - not sulking quite so much now Laughing
Back to top Go down
Smithy
Admin
Smithy

Sulking now... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sulking now...   Sulking now... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 2:18 am

Why not just make your own button holes with the zigzag pattern set to it's most narrow settings? You could even reinforce it to your own desired strength.
Back to top Go down
Prysm Stormfallen

Prysm Stormfallen

Sulking now... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sulking now...   Sulking now... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 2:48 am

confused now... why didnt I think of that.. Rolling Eyes

Muchos experimentos tomorrow then Cool

Thx Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sulking now... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sulking now...   Sulking now... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sulking now...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Barad'Dun The Western Tower :: Real Life-