Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

The King's Tournament (November 4th-6th, 2011)

Go down 

Are you ready for battle!?!?!?!
F-Yeah!
The King's Tournament (November 4th-6th, 2011) I_vote_lcap69%The King's Tournament (November 4th-6th, 2011) I_vote_rcap
 69% [ 11 ]
Kinda excited
The King's Tournament (November 4th-6th, 2011) I_vote_lcap13%The King's Tournament (November 4th-6th, 2011) I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Meh....
The King's Tournament (November 4th-6th, 2011) I_vote_lcap13%The King's Tournament (November 4th-6th, 2011) I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Not Sure....
The King's Tournament (November 4th-6th, 2011) I_vote_lcap5%The King's Tournament (November 4th-6th, 2011) I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Im a stinker and are boring. :(
The King's Tournament (November 4th-6th, 2011) I_vote_lcap0%The King's Tournament (November 4th-6th, 2011) I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 16

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Knubbs

Knubbs

The King's Tournament (November 4th-6th, 2011) Empty
PostSubject: The King's Tournament (November 4th-6th, 2011)   The King's Tournament (November 4th-6th, 2011) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 8:26 pm

Greetings!!!!

I am proud to announce that the King's Tournament is now official. Smile

So for a little bit of information:

Dates: November 4th, 5th, and 6th.

Times: Friday the 4th @ 7am - Sunday the 6th at Noon.

Cost: $15 w/ Pre-reg; $20 @ Troll

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=36.221773,-115.996549&hl=en&sll=36.221617,-115.994961&sspn=0.007201,0.009645&num=1&t=h&vpsrc=6&z=17

Rule: Dagorhir Manual of Arms w/ recent Rag changes. ( If you need please contact me I will email a PDF )

Pointy of Contact: Clinton Hartman (Knubbs) [ 702-306-8640 ]

The event will be in honor of our former King and Adunakhor, Surt.

As the schedule for the event is still in the works the basis is open field battles, unit fights, realm fights, scenarios, and weapon tournaments with prizes. Some of our fellow guilds in town want to come and camp as well and will be doing there own things that weekend as well.

There will also be a remembrance held Saturday night for Surt, honoring him and his dedication to this game we love.

A feast will be provided but is on a per person basis and will be kept separate from the entry fee. Smile Our Shepherd, Smithy will be hosting the Feasting Hall. Cost is TBD.

If you have any questions or concerns please notify me ASAP.

Last edited by Knubbs on Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: The King's Tournament (November 4th-6th, 2011)   The King's Tournament (November 4th-6th, 2011) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 10:58 pm

Let me answer all of the questions thrown out. Im going to clarify everything and then ask for additional questions to be PM'd to me.

1)
Hxctemplar wrote:
If the entry fee is already 15/20$ then why have people pay additional $$ for the feast? if 50 people end up showing up, thats at least $1000. The deposit for the park was what, 200, 300?? Why make people spend more money when we will get more then enough to cover for it?

The initial deposit is $300, the insurance costs money as well. The whole idea is to get money to cover the start-up fees as well as cover the costs for the next year's event. Also money made from this event will be put forth to make our chapter 501c3 Non-profit. This also will be used to do other events throughout the year and to cover misc costs for expanding the chapter's presence.

2)
Tooka wrote:
You might want to let everyone attending know that this isn't a Dagorhir event then.

Did Surt know these people from the zombie club, the steampunk club, and whoever else you invited?

This is a DAGORHIR EVENT!!! Just cause other guilds are showing up doesnt mean it isnt Dagorhir.

Surt wouldn't care as long as everyone is having fun. Smile

3)
Tiberius Claudius wrote:
This sounds like a lot of fun.

I humbly suggest that you make sure the focus is fighting though. The non-com groups could run amok and change the nature of your event if you don't reign them in politely, yet firmly. Sounds like you'll really be able to share the costs too with some other organized groups.

ATD will be there with Bells on.

I'm also interested to hear about the Feasting Hall. Is this a separate fee for feast or is this a separate event within-the-event, entirely?

Again, looking forward to it!

The whole goal of the event is to focus on combat and the atmosphere Dagorhir provides. The other guilds will be mainly observers doing there own thing separate from us. They simply asked because they wanted to enjoy the weekend too. The non-com groups will be managed and I have no qualms kicking people out that are taking away from the event. They have offered to help cover some of the costs of the event and this is all being considered.

Make sure you Brasso those bells!!!!

The feast is being held by Smithy. I didnt want the Event logistics to get intangled with running a feast. So our Shepherd took it over. As to my knowledge he has the meal planned out and is getting pricing. If it becomes easily cost managed there is a good possibility it will be included in the cost of entry. I believe the Feast will be Saturday night after fighting.

4)
Dustin "The Wind" wrote:
there could be plenty of reasons to turn them away. almost every SCA player ive met has no respect for dag and looks down upon it. i bet there is some awesome cool people that do it and would love to play dag and enrich the experience. however the times we had Sugulfar(sp) and his crew come out left a bad impression on many of us, all it takes is one person to ruin it for everyone just like it only takes one person to ruin the reputation of a game. i guess we cant really stop them from setting up their own camp as it is a public place, but if other groups attend this park and are too close to where we are, it could cause some issues. but i agree that we should pitch out advertisements to their groups but they should come to play dag, leave their respective stuff for night time when big games arent being run

jocolor -Acrid

Im sorry you feel that way but its not true. A chunk of Dagorhir plays heavy as well. They want to come out to do there thing. We are setting them up an Erick for there fighting away from us. In all reality its a large group of like-minded people enjoying the weekend. If you happen to have any problems while the event is going on please tell me. I will deal with it.

Knubbs,
Royal Scribe
Seneshal to the Adunakhor
Organizer
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: The King's Tournament (November 4th-6th, 2011)   The King's Tournament (November 4th-6th, 2011) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 11:01 pm

UPDATE!!!!

The King's Tournament Webpage!!!

http://kingtourney.weebly.com/

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: The King's Tournament (November 4th-6th, 2011)   The King's Tournament (November 4th-6th, 2011) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 10:00 pm

Updates:
1. Okay so the site planning is working out great. Have a map of the grounds setup and now in the process of marking out the details.

2. I have my volunteer lists and if you want to help meet me this practice and tell me what you want to do.

Volunteers needed:
First Aid
Weapons Checkers
Troll Volunteers
PR Reps

3. Need some volunteers to make up a battle schedule for saturday so we can get the most out of our day!!!! Will have a time sheet ready on saturday and those who want to help, CAN!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The King's Tournament (November 4th-6th, 2011)   The King's Tournament (November 4th-6th, 2011) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The King's Tournament (November 4th-6th, 2011)
Page 1 of 1