Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Headshots and non-yellow projectiles

Go down 
+6
Grek
konradr
Izmiranna Peregrine
Acrid the Fool
Scrios
Sylar
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Sylar

Sylar

Headshots and non-yellow projectiles Empty
PostSubject: Headshots and non-yellow projectiles   Headshots and non-yellow projectiles I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 3:03 am

The rules states that headshots are not legal, but not what the repercussions are. My friend heard from Taco that if you hit someone's head, you're supposed to die yourself (but also saying that he didn't really enforce the rule). Later that day, my friend noticed Taco throwing a sword at him for use as a distraction with no sort of penalty to his own self.

I just wanted to clarify 'if' and 'why' headshots mean death to the accused but not a thrown blue or red weapon.
Back to top Go down
Scrios

Scrios

PostSubject: ..   Headshots and non-yellow projectiles I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 3:13 am

Arrows, javelins, and rocks are the only things that you can use to hit someone in the head with. If you hit someone in the head other than those weapons, you take a death. Some people in the realm don't take a death which sucks sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Sylar

Sylar

PostSubject: Re: Headshots and non-yellow projectiles   Headshots and non-yellow projectiles I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 3:17 am

Okay, so you take a death if you hit someone in the head. Why doesn't the same happen for those who use their red/blue weapons as projectiles, though?
Back to top Go down
Acrid the Fool

Acrid the Fool

PostSubject: Re: Headshots and non-yellow projectiles   Headshots and non-yellow projectiles I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 3:18 am

head shot= death is a house rule. head shots hurt and the rule encourages your skill development to avoid throwing them. as with distractions, i feel there should be some clarification on what can be used. i have no problem with people throwing all foam shields at me or even tossing (underhand) weapons at me but id be pissed if someone kicked a shoe at my face.
Back to top Go down
Izmiranna Peregrine

Izmiranna Peregrine

PostSubject: Re: Headshots and non-yellow projectiles   Headshots and non-yellow projectiles I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 3:26 am

Taking the death from issuing a head-shot is a realm courtesy, not a Dagorhir rule. This is an Honor Realm, courtesy shots and deaths are usually taken, but not mandatory. We only insist that if you deal a head-shot, that you ensure the recipient is okay and not injured. After it is established that the recipient is okay, it is then up to the person that delivered said shot of whether they will take the death themselves or play on as if it never happened.

-Izmiranna Peregrine pirat gfxlovers.com/smilies
Pirate Viking or Viking Pirate...?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001046867423
Scrios

Scrios

PostSubject: ..   Headshots and non-yellow projectiles I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 3:27 am

Idk why people would use red/blue as a projectile weapon, but if someone did and it hit you on the head you could talk with the other people about it like one of the heralds because using those as projectiles are illegal.
Back to top Go down
Izmiranna Peregrine

Izmiranna Peregrine

PostSubject: Re: Headshots and non-yellow projectiles   Headshots and non-yellow projectiles I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 3:37 am

As for throwing weapons, the only legal throw weapons are javelins and rocks, arrows/crossbow bolts are projectiles shot from bow/crossbow and not to be thrown. Throwing shields as distractions is iffy, were as throwing any other type of weapon that is not mentioned above is not legal and deeply frowned upon.

Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Headshots and non-yellow projectiles   Headshots and non-yellow projectiles I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 6:32 am

I feel threatened. Not only does Sylar want to throw blue weapons at my head, but he's only been on the board for 5 days and has 36 posts already. My record may be in jeopardy someday soon.

Konradr, Posting King.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Sylar

Sylar

PostSubject: Re: Headshots and non-yellow projectiles   Headshots and non-yellow projectiles I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 6:53 am

They were separate questions! I wanted to know why head-shots were illegal, when sword-projectiles weren't. And I'd have more posts if I started a new topic for every question. I realized I was the starter of the last five (not counting wolf's), so I stopped asking. I'm probably going to move back to my old "I totally just registered under 'Sylar' " thread.
Back to top Go down
Grek

Grek

PostSubject: Re: Headshots and non-yellow projectiles   Headshots and non-yellow projectiles I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 8:12 am

Make sure the other person is ok, then clarify things. By default, in this realm, take the death. If you headshot some people, like me, I'll say "keep going" and we can continue fighting as if it never happened.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=647767959
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Headshots and non-yellow projectiles   Headshots and non-yellow projectiles I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 9:29 am

Sylar wrote:
The rules states that headshots are not legal, but not what the repercussions are. My friend heard from Taco that if you hit someone's head, you're supposed to die yourself (but also saying that he didn't really enforce the rule). Later that day, my friend noticed Taco throwing a sword at him for use as a distraction with no sort of penalty to his own self.

I just wanted to clarify 'if' and 'why' headshots mean death to the accused but not a thrown blue or red weapon.

EHEM... seeing as I was also at practice "non Fighter" so I see what's going on.

for one. it's not really common for us to enforce the head shot rule you have to realize this is normally a black lion practice where everyone knows their P' and Qs so it was a little different. so i apologize for our sloppy managing/ heralding I guess you could say.

but taco didn't "throw" the sword. like you say. I saw him tossing it in the air as distraction. and to my knowledge. I didn't see him his anyone in the head (I could be wrong) if he had hit someone in the head. some one (one of us a black lion are ordered to call that shit out) so if he did he apologizes and next week is more ready to enforce the head shot rule. but in the rules there is no such thing as taking a penalty for distracting.. as long as he's not personally hurting you attacking you most people ......EVERYONE in the realm knows the difference between him or someone just distracting and then someone just being brutal. once again I hope this didn't effect you coming out to a future Tuesday practice cause we would sure like to have you. and next week we will be more prepared.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
Sylar

Sylar

PostSubject: Re: Headshots and non-yellow projectiles   Headshots and non-yellow projectiles I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 9:45 am

It's annoying me just a bit how people are assuming that 'headshot' and 'red/blue projectile' are in CONJUNCTION. They're not! They are completely unrelated questions that I happened to ask together. At the same time, I'm not talking about just 'distractions', but one of them being used as a projectile. As in, aiming them at the other person to catch them off guard. Not just 'tossing in the air', but 'tossing at the opponent' type of thing. And I do not nor did specify that it had to be aimed at the head.

When I was referring to the head-hitting thing, it was due to my friend hitting someone in the head and Taco saying "You should take the death for that, but we don't really enforce it" to him. Then I brought up an entirely different scenario where Taco 'tossing' a sword. I heard of both of these scenarios indirectly so no offense if my recollection is inaccurate. I wouldn't call it 'sloppy heralding', as I knew it was an unofficial thing, and kind of liked how there was leeway for mistakes before our first actual practice.

At the same time, I got a bloody nose from Barrikaide (though it wasn't actually due to him), sat down, went back to fighting. Then, I got hit in the face with the side of a shield, which left 2-3 days worth of pain in my jaw, and went back to fighting. Yet you think that for somewhere along the line I was persuaded not to come to practice? You're crazy, you know that?

P.S. I also took like three shots to the head from my friend's makeshift sword. 3/4" PVC pipe with only 1" (2 layers) of camp pad and no cover. Nothing will stop me from coming to practice. And once a week isn't enough for me, anyways. I almost considered joining the royal army only for the sake of adding another practice day :P
Back to top Go down
Izmiranna Peregrine

Izmiranna Peregrine

PostSubject: Re: Headshots and non-yellow projectiles   Headshots and non-yellow projectiles I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 2:41 pm

Read my two posts again Sylar...

Back to top Go down
K'urn

K'urn

PostSubject: Re: Headshots and non-yellow projectiles   Headshots and non-yellow projectiles I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 3:04 pm

The only weapons (under Dagorhir Rule) that are allowed to be thrown are white weapons and javelins.

NO other weapons should be thrown even to distract people. Doing so is illegal.

K-
Back to top Go down
barrikaide

PostSubject: Re: Headshots and non-yellow projectiles   Headshots and non-yellow projectiles I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 4:27 pm

you make it sound like he used a sword as a Javvy dude...

As for Headshots they happen. if its a Blatant headshot as in you swung high and hit high you should make sure the dude is ok and you should take the death most of the time.

If you swing low and dude is ducking or moving into your shot make sure he is ok and keep fighting. Often people will aim for shoulders and sometimes people move. Also shield shots get blocked into your head. It happens. Now if you are on the field and you start constantly oh you got me in the head your dead you will be the one off the field. Just realize headshots happen make sure the person is ok and move on.

also i dont even understand this line. "I got a bloody nose from Barrikaide (though it wasn't actually due to him)" so you got one from me or not? was it a headshot or not? was it a shield bash or what? this Dwarf is confused.

in the end dude you need to relax a bit and just enjoy the sport. You will get hit in the head and hit in the nuts and many other painful things. If its going to upset you you will not have fun with this sport.
Back to top Go down
Sylar

Sylar

PostSubject: Re: Headshots and non-yellow projectiles   Headshots and non-yellow projectiles I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 6:20 pm

I'm prone to excessive nose bleeds. One hit in the right spot, and it'll start gushing. You just hit the right spot. And if I made it sound like taco used it like a javelin, that wasn't what I meant, but that WAS the question I was asking.
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

PostSubject: Re: Headshots and non-yellow projectiles   Headshots and non-yellow projectiles I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 1:56 am

K'urn wrote:
The only weapons (under Dagorhir Rule) that are allowed to be thrown are white weapons and javelins.

NO other weapons should be thrown even to distract people. Doing so is illegal.

K-

K'urn is absolutely right. No weapon may be thrown except a white and javy, but you are still going to see people throw other things because not everyone follows the rules exactly as they are stated. You will always see people that bend the rules to gain an advantage or that just don't know. Don't get too riled up about all the little things. As soon as safety is starting to be a concern we will step in and lock it down.
Back to top Go down
barrikaide

PostSubject: Re: Headshots and non-yellow projectiles   Headshots and non-yellow projectiles I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 6:24 am

blackhawk from the dag boards says otherwise. Weapon can be tossed into the air as a distraction just not at the person. I did not read the exact rule though because im lazy and these questions are... well end this topic..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Headshots and non-yellow projectiles   Headshots and non-yellow projectiles I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Headshots and non-yellow projectiles
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Barad'Dun The Western Tower :: Our Chapter-
Jump to: