Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Curiosity of a noob...

Go down 
+8
Hirgon
Molds
Prysm Stormfallen
barrikaide
Phoxly
Sylar
konradr
EnigmaBADGER
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
EnigmaBADGER

Curiosity of a noob... Empty
PostSubject: Curiosity of a noob...   Curiosity of a noob... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 1:40 pm

Hello all! I've been lurking around here and and on other Dagorhir related sites for several weeks out and wanted to come out and have a look, I'm a bit on the younger end but I read around here somewhere you guys allow 13+? Something like that. Do you have any players in the younger age range?
Other questions amount to, do you have loaners I might be able to use for the time being until I determine I want to head over to Homedepot and Walmart and pick up the supplies needed so I don't have to go around begging for equipment to use for the day.

Thanks for the help in advance.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity of a noob...   Curiosity of a noob... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 3:07 pm

How young are you talking? We have accepted 14 year olds, depends on their size and maturity and their parents. Parents have to come out and watch a practice to determine if their kid is ok to play. We play hard, think High School Football.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Sylar

Sylar

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity of a noob...   Curiosity of a noob... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 6:21 pm

Turtle's 13. The way I've seen it, if youre under 15 you need a parent with you on your first day. Aside from that, you just need to have them sign the waiver.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity of a noob...   Curiosity of a noob... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 6:28 pm

Facebook says turtle is 15, but I guess he could lie about that. underage permission is solely granted by the Realm's officers and those are Heretic, Smithy, and ??? No one else can grant underage persons from playing in our realm.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Sylar

Sylar

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity of a noob...   Curiosity of a noob... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 6:33 pm

Facebook requires you to be 15. And I'm sure smithy will be fine with anyone who comes as long as they have parents' consent. In fact, last practice, he taught three little (younger than turtle) kids who were hanging out at another event in the park. Unless they give him a reason not to, of course.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity of a noob...   Curiosity of a noob... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 6:42 pm

Smithy has always had a way with the little kids. Wink

"DO THE VOICE!!! DO THE PIRATE VOICE!!! ONE MORE TIME PLEEEEASE!"
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity of a noob...   Curiosity of a noob... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 6:56 pm

Smithy likes to teach and to entertain, that doesn't mean he would let them on our field for our full contact fighting. So don't assume what smithy will say. Advise a younger person of the rules and say come out and check it out with your parents but let those in charge make the decisions as to weahter they can play or not. always let them know its not a given so that they will be prepared should they not be allowed. verstehen sie?

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Sylar

Sylar

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity of a noob...   Curiosity of a noob... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 7:34 pm

You're right, but at the same time, I think it will take a lot more than age to stop someone from joining in, unless they're under 10.
Back to top Go down
barrikaide

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity of a noob...   Curiosity of a noob... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 7:48 pm

sylar sylar sylar...

nm
Back to top Go down
Prysm Stormfallen

Prysm Stormfallen

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity of a noob...   Curiosity of a noob... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 8:15 pm

Sylar - dont assume an answer for the realm hierarchy - its rude.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity of a noob...   Curiosity of a noob... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 8:53 pm

Enigma/Badger dude: Just come out to practice, check us out, bring a parent so they can see what we do and meet our group. Hit people with foam sticks, run around, have fun. Smile See you out on the field.
Back to top Go down
EnigmaBADGER

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity of a noob...   Curiosity of a noob... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 9:34 pm

Sounds good Smile I'll be sure to lug a parent with me too. I'm a pretty big kid I guess, hopefully I won't get trodden on underfoot too Much. Hope to see you guys out there this weekend then.
Back to top Go down
Molds

Molds

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity of a noob...   Curiosity of a noob... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 10:20 pm

I'm 15, and pretty skinny and not very fit XD (All those video games >.>) and so far other then a couple of puntings from barrikaides shield which is actually kinda fun now I haven't gotten trampled to badly XD. Yeah will for sure be up to the higher-ups on the choice of allowing you.
Back to top Go down
Hirgon

Hirgon

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity of a noob...   Curiosity of a noob... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 10:39 pm

Im 14 and a kinda big guy so im sure you'll be able to Play
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001597470989
kraiken

kraiken

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity of a noob...   Curiosity of a noob... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 1:36 am

Yeah, im 14 also... for my first day all my parent had sign the waiver and what not, im not too big or small, but i wrestle for my highschool, so i can handle it ruff, oh jeez that didnt sound right... >.<
Back to top Go down
Sylar

Sylar

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity of a noob...   Curiosity of a noob... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 2:16 am

Molds wrote:
I'm 15, and pretty skinny and not very fit XD (All those video games >.>) and so far other then a couple of puntings from barrikaides shield which is actually kinda fun now I haven't gotten trampled to badly XD. Yeah will for sure be up to the higher-ups on the choice of allowing you.
^ This is your only worry. I hate fighting him ._. 16 years old, myself.
Back to top Go down
Smithy
Admin
Smithy

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity of a noob...   Curiosity of a noob... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 2:31 am

This brings up an interesting point for those under 16. For the most part there is no real reason you couldn't participate on the practice field unless you are on the smallish side or your parents don't approve. These are considerations that must be done face to face. So, as was stated by Tooka, come out with your parent(s) and see what it's like.

Honestly I would like to meet all the parents of our members who are under 16. Preferably before our event, where yes you can attend and be a part of it. You won't be able to take the field though.

I don't know maybe we could have a parents day or something. A Family Feud Dagorhir style. Parents vs. kids. Either way introductions should be made.

All that being what it is I would like to make the decision myself. It may be a case of 'no you can't fight on the field' but you could train with people off the field. Squire, in a sense.
Back to top Go down
EnigmaBADGER

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity of a noob...   Curiosity of a noob... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 3:53 am

Good to know there are people closer to my age who play Smile You guys going out there this Weekend?
Back to top Go down
Sylar

Sylar

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity of a noob...   Curiosity of a noob... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 4:00 am

Every weekend :P I only missed out on one so far.
Back to top Go down
EnigmaBADGER

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity of a noob...   Curiosity of a noob... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 2:25 pm

Well just a few moments though I saw a thread about possibly having practices every other weekend on Sunday.. Is that in effect? Other than that, For the life of me I can't find the thread that shows exactly where and what time the practice is going to be.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity of a noob...   Curiosity of a noob... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 3:14 pm

Look at the topic heading "Getting Started" See the small print underneath? It says we practice Saturdays at Desert Breeze park starting at noon.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity of a noob...   Curiosity of a noob... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 5:21 pm

The every other saturday was just something we were tossing around, but alas our group's enthusiasm would never let that happen heheh. Smile See you this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Scrios

Scrios

PostSubject: ..   Curiosity of a noob... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 5:27 pm

And we have 2 other practices by different units other than saturdays. The Black Lion practice is every tuesday, everyone is able to go. And Royal Army practice, which is every Wednesday, and that practice is only open to the Royal Army, or people who are thinking about joining it. (If you're new you can try it out but you don't have to join).
Back to top Go down
EnigmaBADGER

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity of a noob...   Curiosity of a noob... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 9:30 pm

Thanks for the bombardment of useful information, hope to see you all this Saturday.
Back to top Go down
kraiken

kraiken

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity of a noob...   Curiosity of a noob... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 10:56 pm

OH! i have a question. It really has nothing to do with this but i was wondering am i too young to have someone teach me how to use a red?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity of a noob...   Curiosity of a noob... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Curiosity of a noob...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next