Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

RED FEVER!!!!

Go down 
+11
Darokin Bosma
Phoxly
Isk
notgrek
Grek
Scrios
Taco
konradr
Hxctemplar
Tiberius Claudius
Acrid the Fool
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Isk

Isk

RED FEVER!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RED FEVER!!!!   RED FEVER!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 4:16 pm

Tiberius Claudius wrote:
Coming straight down is known as the Scheitelhau or Oberhau and is a legit shot to throw, because in real life it was meant to come crashing down through skulls and helmets. It can be dangerous, but it also can be safe and useful for taking shoulders and shields while intimidating the *CENSORED* out of your enemy. I use it for that purpose alone quite a bit.

Coming from an angle (Zornhau )may be safer in that you're not in line with a head and will be swinging into the center of the target from a bit off to the side, but you lose defensive capability by moving your weapon tip off center. That's a key factor to consider and work your guards around for optimal speed and reaction time. In real longsowrd fighting, there are cross guards on the weapons which enable blade catching, hooking, rotating, and stabs to the face. It takes practice, but its well worth it to pursue.

Here's an informational website with information I've read in Isk's German Fechtmeister manuals: http://www.thearma.org/essays/mastercuts.html
Great advice and a useful site. A word of caution, though. The Western masters taught fighting to kill and as in Kendo, many of these techniques involve strikes or stabs to the head that must be adjusted for Dag/Bel.

Personally, I believe people should acquire skill with shorter weapons before picking up a red and then they should avoid any of the three upper body downward angles until they have a lot more experience. Even the most experienced red fighter will end up delivering head shots because people move. Therefore I encourage people to target the shoulder bone where your "body" target starts. This way you will usually get a body shot and rarely get a head shot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.antirdearg.com
Grek

Grek

PostSubject: Re: RED FEVER!!!!   RED FEVER!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 5:08 pm

Tooka wrote:
Darokin Bosma wrote:
And I have been fighting for about 8 months

lol k.

That's what I was thinking.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=647767959
Acrid the Fool

Acrid the Fool

PostSubject: Re: RED FEVER!!!!   RED FEVER!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 8:44 pm

you should post up your new red and shield grek, i know your dying to brag about it lol.
Back to top Go down
Acrid the Fool

Acrid the Fool

PostSubject: Re: RED FEVER!!!!   RED FEVER!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 8:46 pm

Smithy wrote:
This topic has just been addressed to the Unit leaders for a solution. It may take a bit for a complete answer but I'm confident that one will be found.

Cool

Solution? to what might i ask? i just felt like setting up a thread to discuss the merits of red fighting since a few of us have become interested in bettering ourselves in a fighting set we are currently not used to
Back to top Go down
barrikaide

PostSubject: Re: RED FEVER!!!!   RED FEVER!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 5:58 am

what in the world are you talking about Smithy?
Back to top Go down
Berserker Grek

Berserker Grek

PostSubject: Re: RED FEVER!!!!   RED FEVER!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 12:58 am

BURN MAIM KILL
Back to top Go down
Berserker Grek

Berserker Grek

PostSubject: Re: RED FEVER!!!!   RED FEVER!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 12:58 am

I DO NOT FIGHT TO WIN ONLY TO KILL MY ENEMIES
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: RED FEVER!!!!   RED FEVER!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 2:29 am

RED FEVER!!!! - Page 2 PicardDoubleFacepalm-1
Back to top Go down
Grek

Grek

PostSubject: Re: RED FEVER!!!!   RED FEVER!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 5:27 am

Wtf?

I'm so confused o__O
Back to top Go down
Berserker Grek

Berserker Grek

PostSubject: Re: RED FEVER!!!!   RED FEVER!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 5:28 am

DON'T THINK JUST KILL
Back to top Go down
Sylar

Sylar

PostSubject: Re: RED FEVER!!!!   RED FEVER!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 10:01 pm

I do the kendo stance a lot, and I've yet to use a red (well, that ONE time, but I hated it). At the same time, my ONLY headshots are all done from the side. Which is when I do an upward diagonal, or forget to calculate for height (As I did with Prism >.>)...And come to think of it, I haven't thrown a headshot in a while, though that might because I haven't been showing up for a while, either. I took a few, but only against the big guys that like to charge at me. For some reason, I go down fast when I fight them (Like, I kneel down as I close in on them for some reason...Don't know why)
Back to top Go down
barrikaide

PostSubject: Re: RED FEVER!!!!   RED FEVER!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 10:36 pm

this is a Red Post not Head Shot post take that crap out of here
Back to top Go down
Acrid the Fool

Acrid the Fool

PostSubject: Re: RED FEVER!!!!   RED FEVER!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 6:52 pm

Ok so after my second week of red fighting i feel sore all over lol. my left wrist is definitely not used to motions of throwing a shot and is therefore in pain haha. but it was all good, i had tons of fun using the red and armor and the pics look awesome. gonna keep at it every now and again
Back to top Go down
Grek

Grek

PostSubject: Re: RED FEVER!!!!   RED FEVER!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 12:38 am

I think my new combo worked out nicely Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RED FEVER!!!!   RED FEVER!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RED FEVER!!!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Barad'Dun The Western Tower :: - The Armory --
Jump to: