Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

The Newist Forming Unit...The Chimera Brotherhood!

Go down 
+2
barrikaide
Voodoo
6 posters

Sound interesting?
Sounds FRIGGIN AWESOME!
The Newist Forming Unit...The Chimera Brotherhood! I_vote_lcap22%The Newist Forming Unit...The Chimera Brotherhood! I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
Sounds Cool!
The Newist Forming Unit...The Chimera Brotherhood! I_vote_lcap11%The Newist Forming Unit...The Chimera Brotherhood! I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
Eh...Not sure...
The Newist Forming Unit...The Chimera Brotherhood! I_vote_lcap44%The Newist Forming Unit...The Chimera Brotherhood! I_vote_rcap
 44% [ 4 ]
Not really...
The Newist Forming Unit...The Chimera Brotherhood! I_vote_lcap11%The Newist Forming Unit...The Chimera Brotherhood! I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
Stupid...
 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Voodoo

Voodoo

The Newist Forming Unit...The Chimera Brotherhood! Empty
PostSubject: The Newist Forming Unit...The Chimera Brotherhood!   The Newist Forming Unit...The Chimera Brotherhood! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 8:26 pm

Name: Chimera Brotherhood
Origin: The Mountainous Regions to the North East
Chapter: Barad’ Dun

Introduction:
We are the Chimera Brotherhood. Our name comes from the idea of man and beast rolled into one. The idea of embracing the beast inside, and using it to fuel your fighting style. We are warriors that have banded together to create a brotherhood between men and monster. We represent the embodiment of Sentient Beings, who have become one with an animal beast spirit, to increase his fighting temper and style. Each Brother or Sister overcomes obstacles and tests to seek out this animal totem and claim it as his own. He then takes on his Brotherhood name, which is his ideological trait that matches him with his new Spirit Beast.

Each Brother or Sister is expected to bring something into the Brotherhood that benefits everyone within. This is why we remain strong. You can be the strongest fighter in all of Barad’ Dun, but even you cannot defeat the Brotherhood alone. Each of us has some type of talent that makes us unique, but blends us together well with the Brotherhood. We love to accept musicians, artists and wordsmiths into the Brotherhood of all else, but anyone can go under consideration.

We created the Chimera Brotherhood because of the distance between the majority of our members, and the normal practicing areas of the other Units. With us being too far away to make every practice, starting our own unit and having practices where we live keeps us at the top of our game, and the money in our pockets. We are currently based out of Nellis AFB, in North Las Vegas, but our practice is off base at certain deemed locations.

Joining the Brotherhood:
You must first show initiative to join the Brotherhood. Do this by showing up to practices and introducing yourself to a Brother or Sister, and letting them know that you may be interested. This will put you on our candidate list. Then after seeing you progress for about four practices, we will bring you aside and let you know that you’re being considered for the test into the Brotherhood. When you believe you are ready, we will then arrange for your skills to be tested, and the based on your results, will join the Chimeras. If we don’t believe you’re ready, we will wait a couple more practices, and you can try again. Please remember that its not just based on skill, its is also based on your interaction with others, and your integrity. We want honest players, not cheaters.

Combat Rank Structure:

Rank is represented by colored feathers, which are earned with the rank. They are as follows...

Tyro- Lowest ranking in the Brotherhood. Just passes his first test and is still learning.

o Represented by one Black Feather

Novitiate-Next rank up from Tyro. Has passed his Novitiate Test, and is showing leadership talents.

o Represented by two Black Feathers

Red Hand- Next rank up from Tyro. Has passed his Red Hand Test, knows the rules and regs.

o Represented by two Black Feathers and one Red Feather

Wild Hand- Next rank up from Red Hand. Has passes the Wild Hand Test, knows the rules and regs, and had proven leadership on countless occasions.

o Represented by two Black Feathers and two Red Feathers

Feral- Highest position achieved by testing. Passed his Feral test and his skills are sharpened and honed.

o Represented by two Black Feathers, two Red Feathers, one white feather

Acting Scribe-Next highest member acts as the Scribe. Performs all duties accordingly.

o Maintains his current rank, whatever feathers he/she already earned

Scribe-Accounts for all Brothers whereabouts and ensures duties and responsibilities are handed out to each brother fairly. Acts as herald during Chimera Brotherhood practices or appoints one. Ensures safety protocol is followed and works alongside the chief.

0 Represented by two Black Feathers, two Red Feathers, Two White Feathers

Acting Chieftain- Highest ranking Brother present, usually the Scribe. Performs his/her own duties, as well as that of the Chieftain. The Acting Chieftain may choose his Acting Scribe.

0 Maintains his current rank, whatever feathers he/she already earned

Chieftain- Current Leader of the Chimera Brotherhood; has the final say in all matters attaining to the Brotherhood, and its rules and regulations. Leads exercises and delegates responsibilities.

0 Represented by one Gold Feather, Two Red Feathers, Two Black Feathers and Two White Feathers.

This rank structure is to establish rapport, and to let you know that you are indeed getting better. It gives you a sense of accomplishment, and you get a little more responsibility as you grow in the game. Whether it through straight skills, your leadership, determination, or loyalty, you will be given a chance to prove your stuff. There are also special jobs that you can request that will allow you certain perks and responsibilities.

Special Duty Ranks:

Brotherhood Songsmith- writes songs about the Brotherhood and its accomplishments, or battle songs or parodies…etc.

Brotherhood Weapon Smith/Shield Smith- can be one or the other, makes weapons/shields for the Brotherhood. You can earn money doing this, as we pay you for your work.

Brotherhood Armor Smith/Garb Smith – Makes armor and garb for new recruits. Also makes money doing this. Check Dagohir rules for Armor Regulations and Basic Garb requirements.

Brotherhood Arbiter- this job is given to an individual by the Chief, but can also be requested. You’re the Herald for the Chimeras, keeping the peace, and maintaining the rules are your prerogative. During the game, you have the highest authority, even over the Chief.

Non-Combatant can also attain these special ranks, but cannot take place in Combat Ranking.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. However please note...tests in the Brotherhood are Secret, and are not going to be told to the general public. So don't ask what the tests are. Second, you cannot be in this Unit and another at the same time.

However, we have ranks that are alloted to players who join our practices, yet are not in our unit. These are as follows:

Wanderer-Individual who has shown up for two or less practices

Companion-Individual who has practiced for up three to eight practices

Mercenary-shown up for more than eight practices.

Becoming a leader in the Chimera Brotherhood is not difficult, but it will be challenging. These things are important to remember.

1. Always lead by example. Newbies that have not chosen a Unit will not join the Brotherhood if they believe that we aren’t fair, or follow the rules.

2. Integrity. We understand that things happen during battle, however, always remember that your honor is bound with the Brotherhood. If you are not being honest with the opponent, you’re lying to yourself and the Brotherhood.

3. Fairness. Always proceed with this virtue in mind. Let your enemy pick up his weapon after he loses his arm, and give courtesy shots. We want to win, but with skill, not being a cheat.

4. Good Sportsmanship. If you lost, fine. Just get up and try again. This is a game of tactics and skill, not of petty minded children. There is always another day.

5. Punctuality. If you cannot make a practice, call and let another Brother who is going to practice know. That way you’re accounted for, and we know that you are all right. We are like a family, and we care about all our members. Plus it helps for planning practices if we know how many people are coming or not.

Thank You for your reading and hope to hear from you.

Chieftain Voodoo Redclaw
Leader of the Chimera Brotherhood
Current Brotherhood Songsmith of Barad'Dun
Back to top Go down
barrikaide

PostSubject: Re: The Newist Forming Unit...The Chimera Brotherhood!   The Newist Forming Unit...The Chimera Brotherhood! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 10:35 pm

think you and your whole group should have a lot more experience before you make a unit, but free country i guess.
Back to top Go down
Voodoo

Voodoo

PostSubject: ...   The Newist Forming Unit...The Chimera Brotherhood! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 10:46 pm

barrikaide wrote:
think you and your whole group should have a lot more experience before you make a unit, but free country i guess.

I agree, however most of the group cant make practice because of distance, money or work. This way we can have our own practices here on or near the AFB, and get new people to join. This isn't just cause I want to make a new group, but because this is the best way to get more people involved. There is nothing wrong with starting a Unit and growing as a Unit. Experiences brought in from other Units will be part of our learning. Acrid said he would gladly help us work on tactics and sparring, and I'm hoping to have assistance from a lot of the other veterans as well. I already have more people interested after I put up a flyer on base. At least seven new people. This will work, I am just going to need help...I hope I have your support for this noble cause.
Back to top Go down
Acrid the Fool

Acrid the Fool

PostSubject: Re: The Newist Forming Unit...The Chimera Brotherhood!   The Newist Forming Unit...The Chimera Brotherhood! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 11:25 pm

you know what? i commend you for your enthusiasm and efforts into this sport, good on ya! it seems like youve already planned out your course just keep with it. biggest piece of advice for this or life in general: dont be too proud or too stubborn, take all advice from anyone with open ears and really think about it and incorporate it into your endeavors. as long as schedule permits, i would love to have more days to beat on people and at a closer location. and in the end, as long as youre promoting Barad Dun and Dagorhir positively and inspiring more players to make our Saturday practice, then by all means ride this wave of motivation and go with your imaginative design.

-Acrid the Fool jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: The Newist Forming Unit...The Chimera Brotherhood!   The Newist Forming Unit...The Chimera Brotherhood! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 1:56 am

Quote :
biggest piece of advice for this or life in general: dont be too proud or too stubborn, take all advice from anyone with open ears and really think about it and incorporate it into your endeavors.

I agree with Dustin. but note we are all friends first we are a realm first a unit second.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: The Newist Forming Unit...The Chimera Brotherhood!   The Newist Forming Unit...The Chimera Brotherhood! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 7:35 am

I work for quest diagnostics and go to the lab at Nellis everyday. I've talked to a few of the lab people but have never gotten anyone out to play. So if you start something out there let me know where and when so I can steer them your way.

Also, try to make a Saturday once in awhile to fight with the rest of the Realm. Especially on days when we have important things going on or visitors from other realms. Also try to come to events when the whole realm manages to get to one. Stay involved with the Realm as much as possible.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: The Newist Forming Unit...The Chimera Brotherhood!   The Newist Forming Unit...The Chimera Brotherhood! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 2:26 am

Welcome Chimera Brotherhood. It was good to see you on the field today. You fought well and with enthusiasm. Don't be discouraged during your unit barreling in. You have what it takes. Stick with it, train hard, train everyday if you can. Listen to what Taco and Heretic and others have to teach you and remember them. Apply them and keep practicing and you will become awesome fighters. Once again, welcome aboard. Barad'Dun is happy to have you.

Konradr

Last edited by konradr on Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
barrikaide

PostSubject: Re: The Newist Forming Unit...The Chimera Brotherhood!   The Newist Forming Unit...The Chimera Brotherhood! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 8:06 pm

ya that below hehe

Last edited by barrikaide on Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: The Newist Forming Unit...The Chimera Brotherhood!   The Newist Forming Unit...The Chimera Brotherhood! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 8:44 pm

The Newist Forming Unit...The Chimera Brotherhood! Chimera
Back to top Go down
Kainnith

Kainnith

PostSubject: Re: The Newist Forming Unit...The Chimera Brotherhood!   The Newist Forming Unit...The Chimera Brotherhood! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 3:24 am

[img]The Newist Forming Unit...The Chimera Brotherhood! Chimer10
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/warriorken77
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: The Newist Forming Unit...The Chimera Brotherhood!   The Newist Forming Unit...The Chimera Brotherhood! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 1:29 pm

lol what?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Newist Forming Unit...The Chimera Brotherhood!   The Newist Forming Unit...The Chimera Brotherhood! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Newist Forming Unit...The Chimera Brotherhood!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Barad'Dun The Western Tower :: Chapter News-
Jump to: