Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Being Healthy

Go down 
+3
Demie Zephyra
Alacian
Hxctemplar
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Hxctemplar

Hxctemplar

Being Healthy Empty
PostSubject: Being Healthy   Being Healthy I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 10:31 pm

Aside from training, what do you guys think is a good 'diet' or food plan? I'm recently trying to cut back on the fast food (I'll admit i'm addicted to McD's french fries >_>) So i was wondering how do you guys stay away from the fast food and what kinds of foods do you eat or reccomend?
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

Being Healthy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being Healthy   Being Healthy I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 11:07 pm

I'm trying to drop twenty pounds, too. I intend to start my 'new diet' come Monday after my dad's gone.

I'm not sure what to recommend unless you're trying to drop weight. Is that what you want to do or do you want to just get away from the junk? As far as McD's fries go. That's salt that you like them for. When you start getting a hankering for that, boil yourself an egg and salt it. =P It helps.

I, personally am starting my diet of a good amount of breakfast with eggs, fruit, and juice in the mornings. Then I'll have lunch being boiled eggs, with tuna or an egg salad. Dinner can be the usual but smaller portions. Anything in between when you get a hankering for something, can be fruit, veggies, or a piece of turkey or two.

That's what I'm doing anyhow to lose the weight I want to and get fit. You're going to be working out with me. Maybe talk to me Saturday or hell you have my number and we'll figure out what you're wanting to do? I've done this before. So, yeah.

You're my training buddy and I believe you said your days off are Tuesday and Thursday, class wise. I intend to work it around that and we are going to work out three times a week, with a solid regimen that we'll stick to. I intend to motivate you and work your ass off with me. We'll start pel training as well and work on our other bits of swordfighting, grappling and dagger fights outside of Dag's weekly meeting. =P

p.s. Eight glasses of water a day. *smaps*
Back to top Go down
Hxctemplar

Hxctemplar

Being Healthy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being Healthy   Being Healthy I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 1:28 am

Naw I basically want to start eating more health, but I could really use the weight loss. I eat nothin but fast food and its killin me, both physically and financially.

so basically eat a lot of eggs huh? im not a big fan of eegs...but if it works i'll try anything. we'll talk over IM about a set scheduale.

anyone else have any suggestions? im sure we could al benefit from it lol
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

Being Healthy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being Healthy   Being Healthy I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 2:25 am

Uh. Wow, good luck avoiding fast food. You work and Jack in the Box. Haha.

Well, what I'd suggest is bring lunch with you.
If you feel the need for a burger, go for a Boca burger.
They're soy and better for you.
Or a turkey burger.
Or buy meat and wait till you get home and make your own.
...And make your own fries!
I'll make 'em for you with peanut oil.

Soda is a huge killer. Avoid it.
And dude, fast food is okay when you don't eat tons of it all the time.

Stop ordering three things of fries, two burgers, and a mega-sized soda.

Or even just go for some teriyaki and rice instead.
:] Asian food is bomb. And good for you if you order the right stuff.
Back to top Go down
Aleksander Piotrowski

Aleksander Piotrowski

Being Healthy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being Healthy   Being Healthy I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 2:49 am

General rule of thumb, if you make the food, it'll be good for you.

Eat veggies. If you don't like veggies, then it's probably because it's what you eat them with. Veggies by themselvves do not have too much flavor, so try different things to make them taster better. My favorite thing in this aspect is a salad dressing that I make.

mix 1/3 balsamic dressing, 1/3 olive oil, 1/3 vinaigrette of your choice. Personally, I use raspberry. add some garlic, two or three cloves, and about 1/2 to 1 lemon. after, add a pinch of sugar and it's good to go. If the dressing is too strong, there is too much balsamic and/or garlic. If too weak, add more balsamic or vinaigrette.

Eat meat, but try your best to stay away from pork and red meat. Chicken and fish are always good. Also, eat fruit as snacks. My father is able to go through two pounds of cherries in one sitting.

The most important thing to remember is to keep everything in balance. Straight out cutting things out from your diet can cause problems (like the Atkin's diet). Try your best to vary your food.

When trying to find food to eat from a super market, look most at the sodium, sugar, and fat. These things are what makes food taste good, but many companies add these in excess to their foods, which makes them bad for you.

Oh yeah, soda is really bad. It doesn't fill you up and has a lot of sugar and not much else.
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

Being Healthy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being Healthy   Being Healthy I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 3:59 am

I find it ironic that the guy who started the Atkins diet died of a heart attack.
I guess that's what happens when you come to the conclusion that you can eat all the fatty junk you want, as long as you don't have an apple or a slice of bread because it contains carbs.
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

Being Healthy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being Healthy   Being Healthy I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 4:25 pm

Also,

1- If you have a craving for fastfood the healthiest i have found is Del Taco. They have lots of chicken options and they use lots of vegies in there meal. The only bad part is the sauces and well you can treat your self now and again. These are some of my favorite items and what they are made off. These are my after practice munchies. (you can add onions and cilantro for free as well)

Chick Soft Taco : Tortilla, Chicken, lettuce, cheese, secret sauce (aka mexican mayo; just ask for them to put it on light)
Cost: 99 cents

Del Classic Chicken: Tortilla, Chicken, Lettuce, tomato, cheese, secret sauce (its basically 3 chicken tacos)
Cost: 2.69

2- At practice drink water at first and if you notice waters not cutting it grab a power-drink like gatorade or powerade. These can help you regain good stuff lost through sweating. I know people are tempted but NEVER EVER EVER EVER drink soda during practice. These only cause you to become thirsty again quicker and they do not hydrate you adequately.

3- If you want to truly wake your body and prepare it for the practice then do some stretching for at least 10-15 minutes (though 30 wouldnt hurt)

4- If you've been out all night and you have to drive to say St. George the next day and you haven't slept (*eyes Strider*) do not drink monsters or other things like that. They will give you a burst and cause you to crash twice as hard. Drink those 5 hour energy shots. They are primarily vitamins and a contain less caffeine than a cup of coffee and they do not make you crash later. These are also good before practice as well for a vitamin boost.

and now I will continue to go on and on and on blah blah blah....

(Insert here 4 pages of hooplah and cursing)

... and to conclude. Just think before you decide to jump off that roof into the pool. ( Wait were did that come from Smile )
Back to top Go down
Aleksander Piotrowski

Aleksander Piotrowski

Being Healthy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being Healthy   Being Healthy I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 12:15 am

Hmm, Knubbs, certain sports drinks aren't too good. Gatorade is closer to a soda than to a water. It's filled with sugar, food coloring, and the supposed electrolyte rich solution takes a while to get to your blood stream. There are sports drinks that are good, mostly powders, dissolvable pills, or home made crap, but nothing is better than water while exercising (unless in marathon length workouts).
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

Being Healthy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being Healthy   Being Healthy I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 4:15 pm

Any advice for gaining weight? I wanna put on about 20-30 pounds D= muscle prefered lol.
Back to top Go down
Surt

Surt

Being Healthy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being Healthy   Being Healthy I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 8:21 pm

i would suggest seeing a dietitian or a doctor. if you can't do that there are plenty of books at any book store that would have great diet plans.
Back to top Go down
https://baraddun.forumotion.net
Knubbs

Knubbs

Being Healthy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being Healthy   Being Healthy I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 12:20 am

touche to Surt.

he wins.... Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Being Healthy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being Healthy   Being Healthy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Being Healthy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Barad'Dun The Western Tower :: Real Life-
Jump to: