Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Promoting Dagorhir

Go down 
+7
rhodrip0t
konradr
Knubbs
Strider
K'urn
Surt
barrikaide
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
rhodrip0t

Promoting Dagorhir - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promoting Dagorhir   Promoting Dagorhir - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 1:01 am

By the way, i'll be showing up at desert breeze at 12 on saturday with my friend farris. he and I are coming to try this stuff out see how it is, so if you could please bring extra weapons that'd be great. what area of the park do you guys meet at?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/L00z3r_at_lyfe
K'urn

K'urn

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Dagorhir   Promoting Dagorhir - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 10:27 pm

We meet on the corner of Durango and Twain. Unfortunately I will not be able to attend this week. D'edra and I have a wedding to go to in Utah.

Hopefully I'll be able to get back out next week.

K-
Back to top Go down
D\'edra

D\'edra

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Dagorhir   Promoting Dagorhir - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 4:58 am

Don't worry sweetheart, you will ....Qendrik and his friend jarrett may be coming down next weekend...and I know Qendrik has been dying to fight...

D~
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/marciex32
Fenrik

Fenrik

PostSubject: Promotion of Dagorhir   Promoting Dagorhir - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 2:54 am

Hello folks, none of you, with the exception of K'urn know me. I am a 20 plus year veteran of Dagorhir and was involved in the promotion of Middle Earth, when Danville Illinois was all there was to Middle Earth.

Things should be much easier these days, you just need to be creative. I haven't had time to read the entire thread, so please forgive me if I repeat something someone else has already posted as an Idea.

I did see someone say something about a booth.... If you have a booth and have access to electricity.... Set up a telivison with footage of a huge battle rolling on it... It is one thing to show pictures and talk about it....It is way more impressive to see a Battle, such as Rag with several hundred people walking off to battle. TVs should be able to be gotten for dirt cheap now adays at thrift stores, since everyone is tossing them out....and a used VCR... I have a 27 incher that I would use...bigger the better....

Create an atmosphere....have medieval music playing in the background....set a mood. I have worked marketing promotions for 8 years now...this stuff works.... attract people.

This goes for your Battles as well.....and your practices. Have them in visible spots....set up pennant banners, do anything to make it look as inviting as possible, you want people to see it from a distance and come over to see whats going on and try it out. Once again...play music....have one person appointed that talks to onlookers promotes the group, hands out fliers and email addresses, maybe someones girlfriend all done up in garb. Each battle should be treated like an event....this also bolsters the Moral of your existing members.... and with your practice site and your battle sites done up with Banners....pennants, anything that looks period....Flags.etc....it also makes for great photo opportunity...

Peace

Fenrik aka Szgany the Wanderer
Back to top Go down
K'urn

K'urn

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Dagorhir   Promoting Dagorhir - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 4:33 am

I'm old...and senile. Who are you? Refresh my memory.

K-
Back to top Go down
Fenrik

Fenrik

PostSubject: Seriously now!   Promoting Dagorhir - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 4:45 am

How in gods name do you forget your " One time King " even if he was only for a year.... shame on you. Did my self imposed exile also banish my name and those of my brother Hepzeth, from the Legends of Middle Earth....in all these years of wandering I have never forgotten K'urn, who took the crown after me....lol
Back to top Go down
K'urn

K'urn

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Dagorhir   Promoting Dagorhir - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 4:48 am

Hey!!! It's the Beav!!!!

How goes it my friend??

Honestly, I thought it was you, but completely spaced on the name.

It's so good to hear from you. You should come visit.

K-
Back to top Go down
Fenrik

Fenrik

PostSubject: I see you are coming this way actually   Promoting Dagorhir - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 4:52 am

I got on the boards and was Perusing...that's how I located you. I read your Posts and see that you are coming in for Rag....I am thinking about dragging my God son, he is 20 and freaked when he saw the Videos... If I can put it together in time. I have next to nothing...lol actually i have my old tunic.... How many attend Rag now?
Back to top Go down
Fenrik

Fenrik

PostSubject: By the way   Promoting Dagorhir - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 4:55 am

That is a wicked picture you have posed as your Avatar....Kudos to you for keeping it alive all these years
Back to top Go down
K'urn

K'urn

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Dagorhir   Promoting Dagorhir - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 5:07 am

Rag welcomes around 6-700 fighters each year now. That is FIGHTERS, on the field. They look to have around 1000 strong this year. If there is a time for you to re-enter, it's most assuredly now. I believe last years total was around 800.

Fear not, I can find you some gear. Maybe not garb, but I can find you both something to fight with.

If you do plan to go, you will probably want to preregister. The land allotment is going off of preregs this year. If you don't prereg, you can still camp, but you may have to camp in a communal like atmosphere.
If you do go, and you prereg, include the following info in your registration.
Camp Master= Finn
Campsite= Fianna Camp

These guys are my unit mates, you will have a spot to camp, a wall, and a fire. The Fianna do charge an additional fee of $10 per person as a camp fee. (for firewood, Tiki fuel, etc.)

You will like them, I'm sure of it. Do come, it would be fantastic to see you again.

K-
Back to top Go down
Fenrik

Fenrik

PostSubject: How do I go about pr registering?   Promoting Dagorhir - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 5:23 am

And the camp fee in not a worry at all....would rather be around people that are cool. There should be someone there selling basic garb right? I plan on pre registering regardless....so our position is secure. When will you be tooling into the camp?
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Dagorhir   Promoting Dagorhir - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 6:45 am

I think music is a good idea, but not modern stuff. I like bagpipes, uilean pipes, the fiddles and the bodhran, but what really gets me going is movie soundtracks like the ever classic "riddle of steel" from Conan the Barbarian, the gladiator soundtrack, the last of the mohican's, Ennio Marricone, and John Carpenter, etc. I have a few of these and alot of scottish bagpipe band CD's and a few irish groups. Well, I sold some off but I do still have a collection somewhere. Just let me know and I'll bring 'em. I don't have a Boombox anymore.

I also have a small collection of well illustrated Osprey and history books dealing with ancient to medieval history if anyone wants to peruse them for garb idea's or weapon ideas, let me know and I'll drag them along one day too.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
K'urn

K'urn

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Dagorhir   Promoting Dagorhir - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 11:14 pm

Yes, there is usually someone there selling garb.
We will be getting in on Sunday the 21st late morning or early afternoon.
Let me know when you have preregistered so I can forward your name to Finn.

Can't wait to hang out with you again.

K-
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Dagorhir   Promoting Dagorhir - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 5:32 pm

For music i can say this, all those Fantasy movies have good soundtracks but look into the MMO games and such..

I know some of these games have badass soundtracks:

Age of Conan
Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning
Lord of the Rings Online
Everquest (any of them)

hell, blow out the LOTR soundtracks (we are technically Middle Earth-ian-ese...whatever)... they are damn good too.

This saturday, Ill have some rough sketches for Bannerets and such as well as designs for poles and stuff
Back to top Go down
Sunshine

Sunshine

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Dagorhir   Promoting Dagorhir - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 4:17 am

sorry aint been there for a while but things are hectic here. I should be there this weekend if we're havin practice.
Back to top Go down
D\'edra

D\'edra

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Dagorhir   Promoting Dagorhir - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 2:12 am

garb is pretty easy to get...if you just need enough to get by at rag....
head out to kohls, they have a decent selection of pj pants...about $10 or so a piece...

If i had the time, I would offer to make some garb for ya, but I'm hip deep in fabric.... affraid affraid

look forward to meeting you, I believe Kurn mentioned you the other day..

D~
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/marciex32
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Dagorhir   Promoting Dagorhir - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Promoting Dagorhir
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2