Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

What kind of fighter do I want to be?

Go down 
+3
Surt
Phoxly
konradr
7 posters
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

What kind of fighter do I want to be? Empty
PostSubject: What kind of fighter do I want to be?   What kind of fighter do I want to be? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 5:45 pm

Simple question but one we should be honest with and we should communicate. After someone has come to practices several times, maybe a month. I guess we officers should set down with them on a one on one and ask them this question.

"What kind of fighter do you want to be, what do you want to do within Dagorhir?"

Are you just out to have fun, just want to compete, fight for the competitiveness or do you want more? Is it your ambition to master the arts of Dag fighting, to make it a part of the blood that flows through your veins, to become experienced enough to be known, to teach and to lead? To take on a group of thugs in an alley with a foam flail....er, scratch that last one, that was the dream I had last night. Didn't end too well.

Anyhow these are questions we should ask ourselves and we should communicate to our Leader.

A recreational fighter is one who enjoys the company, the competition, the excercise and the fun. They may like to fight the style they want to fight, they may not like to be ordered around though we all need to conform a bit when fighting as a group.

The recreational fighter may not travel with the group to other realms, or may, if they are day trips, but the recreational fighter probably will never go to Rag or any major event.

The recreational fighter may or may not ever improve, but that doesn't mean they will not enjoy themselves. They may; however, quit if forced to conform too much to be more like someone who is more serious about the art.

The Serious fighter is one who wants to learn to fight well, not only in his chosen style, but in any style. He is willing to learn a style that is neccessary for his unit or his line, to fight well. He will learn the rules by heart, he will step up to be herald, to do weapon's check, to teach what he has already learned and to lead.

The Serious fighter wants to become one with Dagorhir, live and breathe it and go to other realms to learn and go to events. To fight and party with the rest of the Dagorhirim.

I don't want to push recreational fighters into becoming Serious fighters if they just want to have fun. I want to teach them enough to fight in a line and fight as individuals to compete and have their day in the sun. I don't want them to quit because we make it too serious.

I want Serious fighters to step up to show a willingness to learn, to ask to be taught, to listen and be lead, and to then to teach and to lead themselves. To help with the growth of the realm to make it better, all those little things. To plan for trips, and to take them.

I expect both groups to always fight with honor and respect to eachother and visiting guests.

I got into dagorhir for the fun. It something I had wanted to do for along time and only found it now, late in life. I feel this rush to have as much fun before I physically can't anymore. I envy you younger folk who can look forward to this for a looooooonnngg time. Keep at it, enjoy it. Me, I want to enjoy it while I can. I'm kind of stressed trying to be an officer. I want to get this Realm organized and having fun and learning, whichever you deem is more important to you, I want to see it happen.

I myself, will not be a serious fighter. I like to learn, I'd like to get better, but I will reach only so far. I have to many other distractions in my life to totally devote myself to dagorhir. I want to have fun. I want to have fun with you, my Barad'Dun friends. I enjoy fighting. I enjoy the comradery and the competition. I like to travel locally and introduce Barad'Dun weapons into the ribs of our friends in California, Arizona, and utah. I don't think I will actually ever go to Rag or Chaos. For one, I have my family to think of. They would be bored. We haven't had a family vacation out of state in years due to money problems. It wouldn't be fair for me to tie them down for a week watching daddy fight. We wouldn't be involved in any of the 'nighttime' things going on at Rag either. If I were to go, it would be for a day or two at most, then I would take my family to meet Mom in New York and Dad in Texas and maybe, who knows, Disneyland or something. I will never be that Serious a fighter, but I will stay with you and have fun as long as I am physically able and as long as it is fun.

Decide what you want and communicate it to us so that we don't push you somewhere you don't want to go.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: What kind of fighter do I want to be?   What kind of fighter do I want to be? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 6:05 pm

Oh, just cuz I probably won't go to Rag, that doesn't mean I wouldn't mind having a great Barad'dun campout that simulates Rag with guest from other Realms invited or not. Campouts would be fun for me and the family but being a local event I would plan on having games and such available for my kids and anyone else who brings their youngsters. This could be everything from their own boffer tourney, to axe throwing (the axe game I going to make with foam axes with velcro heads) to soccer, kick ball, lacrosse, etc, to water balloon fights (summer) to movies at night with a generator and old projector. and boardgames, cardgames, etc.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: What kind of fighter do I want to be?   What kind of fighter do I want to be? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 7:10 pm

I agree with you 100% Konradr, I am alot like you as far as the type of fighter I want to be. I don't wanna go all out seriousness. I like to have fun, try new things, and make the most of it. I enjoy the company of friends, the thrill of competition, and the motivation to get through the week. I want to learn to be a better fighter not just to own, but to help others do the same. I don't mind going to events, but I won't go out of my way to do so, if I can't make it, I can't make it. I can have just as much fun with my homies in Barad'dun.
Back to top Go down
Surt

Surt

PostSubject: Re: What kind of fighter do I want to be?   What kind of fighter do I want to be? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 8:56 pm

well written post konrad. i guess that makes me a serious fighter. and anyone who joins the royal army a serious fighter.
Back to top Go down
https://baraddun.forumotion.net
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: What kind of fighter do I want to be?   What kind of fighter do I want to be? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 9:22 pm

Yes, and I support you 100% even if I'm more of a recreational fighter. I think there is room for both fighters in our realm.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: What kind of fighter do I want to be?   What kind of fighter do I want to be? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 6:43 am

I am a serious fighter and I've spoken to several of you about wanting to learn as well as those who are not in the Royal Army but who know a thing or two like Taco does. Right now, with my family outside of Dagorhir, I cannot nor will I commit to the Royal Army and then fail to uphold whatever it is that is asked of me. I won't do it. I don't like to give my word and then not meet it, no matter what it is.

I've been watching videos and exercising and even practicing at home on my stance and body movement just to get a feel for what the hell I'm doing out there on the field. At practice I try different things, I even spent that Saturday a couple weekends back, doing strictly sword and board and always using the board as well. I'm intending to learn more and practice as I may with you and others. I am in the process of deciding my forte, but I intend to one day know each and every style to a competent level in order to know I may pick up a weapon I wouldn't normally use and know what I am saying when a newcomer asks me for help or it's what we need in an event or during a battle. I intend to be versatile.

A note that I'd like to make to Surt if you don't mind...and I mean this with as little offense as possible. You know I like you Surt or I'd not be hugging you at practice and asking your opinion on nearly everything...

Some that do not join the Royal Army are not just recreational fighters. I don't know if it is your way of encouraging everyone to join the Royal Army or your way of drawing a line there to separate the two, or if you're oblivious to how it makes some feel. But some I've noticed do take mild offense or become discouraged when you say that "Those of you who just want to come out and have fun are the mercenaries. But those who want to take it seriously can join the Royal Army. " is how I believe you put it on several occasions when you spoke of units and the Royal Army. (I can't say that's verbatim, but that's how it was phrased when I listened to you.).

Some would say that you don't have to be all muscle and brawn in order to swordfight and therefore they don't join the Royal Army because they don't want to run a mile and do 100 pushups. Others would say they want to be independent and make a unit of their own, and yet they still focus on the art of the blade in their own time. But even so....

Those who focus upon the art of the blade or whatever fighting style they choose for themselves and pursue that path with great diligence...would they not be serious fighters as well? Especially those who are young and ambitious and want to find their niche and yet they don't find it with the Royal Army, yet they pursue the art without fail and are not simply out there for the games and to bash on others with testosterone fueling their systems alone? Are they are not serious fighters?

I know very well that you want to fill the ranks of the Royal Army and I as well want to see them grow. I hold great respect for those of you I have met. But I also don't want to see others knocked down or feel pressured that they won't be taken seriously if they pursue this sport, this path and take the time to learn it without fail and hone their abilities and still feel they won't be recognized unless they're in the Royal Army.

Yes. We are in-fact out here to have fun. All of us. But some are out here to truly learn the ways of the sword and every other style, even if it's foam, you will still carry this knowledge if you join the SCA, a reenactment group or decide to pick up a full-fledged battle axe and use it one day.

Is it not the pursuit of knowledge and willingness to learn, to be led, to one day lead and teach others who were once the same youthful fighter you were who got their ass handed to them at every turn along that path of learning that makes you a serious fighter?

I am in-fact one of our realms least knowledgeable fighters. But I am also one of our most diligent in my want to learn and learn from everyone I face on the field. If I wasn't, I wouldn't have asked Konrad, Oddvar, Kilanos, Taco and anyone else I could get to help me to do so. I've taken pointers from Kilanos, Oddvar, Konrad, Taco, Dante, Martin, you (Surt), Knubbs, Isk, Nightmare, Strider, Smithy and anyone else that wants to critique me from my stance to my style of fighting. I take all tips given to me and incorporate them to better improve my fighting style. All of you have told me different things and I have tried and still do try to do everything I've been told and get better at it as I go.

I still may not be the best, but I've come a ways since the first day I stepped on that field and had not only Smithy hand my ass to me, but the men from Utah and the rest of you. I went home with baseball sized bruises on my legs, a busted toe, a shot to the uterus and kidney that I was still feeling for two days and also had a Bel spear nearly crush my throat and I STILL came back every Saturday since then and have only ever missed one in the months I've been coming.

But I still consider myself to be a serious fighter because I've never given up and I still keep coming back and trying to learn from everyone. Sure, I bullshit as much as the next person. But I'm dedicated to this no matter the number of times my folks have seen me come home dog tired and pass out at six o'clock and not wake up till eight the next morning and still be wanting to fight some more.

Anyhow. It's late and that was all I had to say. No offense to anyone who may have seen any. I just wanted to say that and put it out there. Surt may be smacking me with his beatstick come next week for a needless speech in regards to his possibly not seeing how some take what he says.

- A

Edit: Excuse me if I became repetitive. I've not slept yet. I hope it made sense though to some degree without sounding like an ass. It's simply my thoughts. Feel free to contradict me. I want others thoughts on it.

ADD TO MY OWN POST:

Yes. I know most who don't join the Royal Army are recreational. My comment is concerning the feeling the thought that you believe -everyone- who doesn't join the Royal Army is a recreational fighter and doesn't take it seriously. Don't get me wrong. We have both. But there are some if not many who don't/haven't joined the Royal Army, but are just as serious. Such as Taco for example who has been fighting for six years, but is a very well versed swordsman and used to fight up to four times a week but was still not part of anyone's army.

I'm also not discouraging people from joining the Royal Army. I'm just wanting to state my opinion and receive yours/anyone's thoughts and feedback on the matter as well.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: What kind of fighter do I want to be?   What kind of fighter do I want to be? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 7:51 am

In Surt's defense he has always said, if you want to join the royal army, thats fine, and if you just want to come out a fight for the fun of it, thats fine, and if you want to form your own unit, thats fine. He stresses that the royal army will recieve the training to fight the way he wants a unit to fight. It is separate training as is all unit training, but is for the serious minded individual who wants to join a unit and chooses the Royal Army

That doesn't denegrate anyone else who has experience or wishes to be a serious fighter but not in the Royal Army. Surt's pride and joy is the Royal Army. It is an 'Army' that means discapline, fitness and aggressiveness. That is what he is going to pursue.

Those who are serious about their fighting but want to do it in their own style are welcome too. The more the merrier. The realm is open to all.

And the recreational fighter should be welcome as well without pressure of being mistreated because they do not want to join a unit at all.

All are welcome and that is the point. Pure and simple. But it is important for us leading the realm to know what EACH of you want so we can help you where we can, wether it is in your desire to join the Royal Army, or your desire to form your own unit or another unit that has training and fighting ideals that you like more or if you just want to be thrown in whereever and fight.

Any units formed within the Realm of Barad'Dun will be recognized by the Realm as a unit, but the individuals will still be treated as Mercenaries of the Realm and be awarded (whenever they get made) the mercenary sash. That doesn't mean your unit can't make its own ranking systems, awards and practice times.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: What kind of fighter do I want to be?   What kind of fighter do I want to be? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 2:42 pm

Makes me miss my Killer Kitty unit days =( oh men of kitties what ever has happened to that old Belegarth unit? They were just starting to get some recognition and were quite feared on the event fields.

See with most units I have seen, its like this.

If you want to beat a member of X unit, you should use XY maneuver or tactic, because they all fight the same, all trained the same, and all had that same serious fighter attitude.

However in the Killer Kitty unit of Shannara Bel realm, they didn't train together outside of practice. Unless they were on the field, you wouldn't know they were even a unit. They spent their off-field time learning from everyone else and spreading out, and becoming well rounded individual fighters. They would try crazy stuff, they'd team up in meatgrinder (WHICH I did hate..) they were brothers in arms, and you felt it. If it boiled down to two Killer Kitties in a fight, one would kill themselves in some melodramatic way, and it was damned amusing to everyone else. Call them class clowns, call them recreational fighters, they had fun, but they were damned good too.

Maybe thats why I don't really want to join the Royal Army or another serious unit, I'd rather follow the group, and take aspects and training from everyone and become a rounded and unpredictable fighter. Chaos Guard and the Uruk-ai all had their own "style" which each member shared. And you knew what kind of fight to expect from them.

I'm a recreational fighter, but that doesnt mean I can't take down a serious fighter. I think if you are going to have a unit, think of it as a football team. You should want to protect your kin and brothers in arms, not simply do so because you are enrolled in that unit.

In the end, fighters should WANT to train on their own and better themselves, and protect eachother on the field, and the orders from their leader should only remind them of that, not direct them to do so.

Last edited by Phoxly on Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Details .__.)
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: What kind of fighter do I want to be?   What kind of fighter do I want to be? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 4:02 pm

Thanks, Konrad. I appreciate your putting that up there. I wasn't trying to tear Surt down or anything he does. He is our King after all. It just hit me to ask so I decided to put up this post. There was no disrespect intended. I know he's worked very hard and long to make things what they are as well as build up the Royal Army. You also know I pestered you day on end to join. lol

I love you guys and I'm glad you have stated what you have. Like I said, I may join one day. Right now I need to focus on a few other demands outside of Dagorhir. But I intend to keep coming out, contributing where I can and practicing my ass off where I may.

Thank you as well Phoxly for your input. I appreciate the both of you indulging my late night rant. Very Happy

Still love ya, Surt. No hard feelings.

- A
Back to top Go down
Surt

Surt

PostSubject: Re: What kind of fighter do I want to be?   What kind of fighter do I want to be? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 4:12 pm

no hard feelings alacian. konrad understands me quite well!

i am definitely not trying to put anyone down. i encourage everyone who doesn't join the royal army to start units with there friends. its a great part of the game. marching onto the field with your best buds all wearing the same symbol (or not).

if you don't want to join the royal army thats totally ok. but that is my main focus right now and so i most likely won't go out of my way to teach everyone else what i know unless they seek it of me. so i will still teach anyone not in the royal army but you gotta come to me and ask.

there are things we will have to teach royal army and merc alike and that's line work! lol but all will come in time.

ok so i apoligize if i excluded anyone or hurt their feelings. it was not my intention. serious fighter or recreational fighter alike, if you seek my council you have but to ask.
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: What kind of fighter do I want to be?   What kind of fighter do I want to be? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 4:21 pm

Surt wrote:
no hard feelings alacian. konrad understands me quite well!

i am definitely not trying to put anyone down. i encourage everyone who doesn't join the royal army to start units with there friends. its a great part of the game. marching onto the field with your best buds all wearing the same symbol (or not).

if you don't want to join the royal army thats totally ok. but that is my main focus right now and so i most likely won't go out of my way to teach everyone else what i know unless they seek it of me. so i will still teach anyone not in the royal army but you gotta come to me and ask.

there are things we will have to teach royal army and merc alike and that's line work! lol but all will come in time.

ok so i apoligize if i excluded anyone or hurt their feelings. it was not my intention. serious fighter or recreational fighter alike, if you seek my council you have but to ask.

Thank you, Surt. I appreciate your words here and I understand very well your want to make sure the Royal Army prospers. I doubt I'll make your requirement of 100pushups a day (not at the same time) or your running a mile, just yet. I respect you and I may join one day. Just not right now.

I did also pose that question and make my rant because it's what had also made me hesitant to ask your opinion on my fighting style last weekend and my idea on armor, etc. But I went ahead and did so and you were extremely encouraging. That's why I also went ahead and asked on here when I saw that post.

No hard feelings were meant and no apologies needed. I know where you're coming from and I want to see the Royal Army grow. You're a good teacher and I thank you for the help you've given me thus far.

*hugs* Oh and thanks for letting me use your beatstick on Saturday. Heh.
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: What kind of fighter do I want to be?   What kind of fighter do I want to be? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 11:11 pm

ok sorry it took me ahwile to read everything and i don't wanna piss anyone off but i will state my opinion even if you don't like it so if you don't care than skip my post!

my opinion is to each there freaking own. ok first off not to hurt anyone but whoever made this topic knew that there was going to be some harsh words towards each other. second I've been in belegarth for 5-6 years side by side with taco and the one thing that i notice in this sport is people start to get really big heads picking out who in fact is a serious fighter. OK wow that's awesome if you find that you are a serious fighter GREAT but don't hurt others feeling because they refuse to be in a unit. not to hurt surt personally i don't know him very well but as a king i am very disappointed. high rules and standards are great in a sport as well as a team but AS A KING your main priority should be to WHOEVER plays this sport NOT just the people you want in your unit I've only been here for 2 weeks and I've seen more spirit in these guys than i think people give them credit for. i think if they are coming to practice, wearing garb, fighting to the best ability they are already golden and deserve the same training as everyone else. honestly i don't get the 100 push ups and the laps but to each there own man. but I've seen this scenario before k guys. MY king decided to get a big head too making rules to difficult to follow or they were just plain out ridiculous having people pay money and be complete douche bags to people that thought this was a fun exciting environment we lost 87 members in Utah and Idaho in 1 year! because people would not stop being douche bags cause people felt there best wasn't enough or because they weren't having fun. people were too stuck on themselves to see who they were pushing away. and we suffered a lot in this sport because of it. and people became enemy's instead of friends. and if people don't learn to respect each other WHATEVER it is i GUARANTEE it will happen here too. apologies to those who i have offended but if you didn't want my opinion this forum shouldn't have been put up. that's how i see it

afro ♥️ PeAcE ♥️
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
Surt

Surt

PostSubject: Re: What kind of fighter do I want to be?   What kind of fighter do I want to be? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 12:56 am

your right you have only been here 2 weeks.

these things were not an issue last spring. i had everything going good but i was on vacation all summer. when i got back our numbers had tripled. many have not had any vets to show them the way. well i'm here now and it will change but these things take time. be patient.

my group is a separate issue. i don't see y people would quit the chapter because of my unit. they can quit the unit or not join the unit and still play. its ridiculous to say my unit will destroy a whole chapter.

i am the president of the dbga chapter of barad'dun. i am king of the dbga unit the royal army of barad'dun. a unit and a chapter are 2 seperate things. u can still be in the chapter but not the unit.

i have neglected the chapter as a whole a bit i admit but everything takes time. bickering here doesn't help. so everyone just stop being so spiteful.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: What kind of fighter do I want to be?   What kind of fighter do I want to be? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 2:15 am

I don't know if Akeria was aiming at you being a bad leader or your unit being the downfall of the realm. Like I have said over and over, our numbers have tripled, but only 1/3 of us are on the forums...

>.> I think everyone has said their peace/piece, close the thread? =)
Back to top Go down
edgar dernhelm

edgar dernhelm

PostSubject: Re: What kind of fighter do I want to be?   What kind of fighter do I want to be? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 2:42 am

amen Smile
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: What kind of fighter do I want to be?   What kind of fighter do I want to be? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 4:49 am

Phoxly wrote:
I don't know if Akeria was aiming at you being a bad leader or your unit being the downfall of the realm. Like I have said over and over, our numbers have tripled, but only 1/3 of us are on the forums...

>.> I think everyone has said their peace/piece, close the thread? =)

no i wasn't saying that surt's unit would break people away people not respecting people will. if you wanna make this unit, cool but don't leave out the others that don't want to be in this group what i'm meaning is what i heard out of someomes mouth when i first got here don't know if it was you or someone else saying that you will only teach people serious skills IF they join your unit that to me is unfair people don't come out to feel like they are always a rank under. you know what i mean? surt i think you are a great person from what i've seen but honestly i DO NOT KNOW you all that well all i have is what you have told me and what i have seen but when you say it like.

"people who join the royal army. only join if you want to be a serious fighter"

some of us consider us already serious but i think you're meaning if you're going to be in you're unit you have to be serious about it no slacking off if that is what you ment by it then i apologise completly for not getting the picture and i think people will understand alittle bit more on what you mean sorry about my attitude today. one of those bitch get back in the kitchen moments for me. but seriously this post needs to be done i think it would be for the best if we just let things work out naturally and get over it.

afro ♥️ PeAcE ♥️
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: What kind of fighter do I want to be?   What kind of fighter do I want to be? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 8:18 am

I understand what you meant about people getting big heads and good people quitting because of it. I saw it in the SCA. There is suppose to be honour and chivalry in the SCA, but when the Stick jocks took over it was all about the fighting and who was good and who wasn't. They trash talked people who were just learning or didn't cut the grade. Now I loved the fighting and it was the only reason I joined, but I really like the idea of a group treating eachother with utmost honour and respect. I hate the trash talking and putting people who are suppose to be your comrades down. I love the arts and I respect craftsmen and writers and singers. They do not have to fight to win my respect.

I started this thread to say "Hey its cool if you just want to come out and fight and have fun and not be all serious." I thought that was straight forward. Didn't expect tempers to flair. But hey, its cool. express your opinions, they do matter.

I loved when phoxly said:

Quote :
You should want to protect your kin and brothers in arms, not simply do so because you are enrolled in that unit.

I love that man, express's my feelings to a T.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: What kind of fighter do I want to be?   What kind of fighter do I want to be? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 1:47 pm

Par was pretty known in Belegarth for being a trash talker, not in a obnoxious way, or even in a playing way, but he would get REALLY serious and put you down after he killed you. I noticed this a lot mostly because when your on a florentine assignment such as running around back with 2-3 other florentine people and you gank/kill 3-5 of his teamates, he goes nuts.

I meant what I said when I said you guys are hte best realm I have had the opportunity of joining. You guys rock =) I can't wait to meat you guys on the battlefield. Especially Alyssa, Demie, Surt, Konradr, Akeria AND I almost forgot Taco =D >.< Alex, Micheal, and Knubbs i'd like to get to know you guys too ;D.

Last edited by Phoxly on Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
K'urn

K'urn

PostSubject: Re: What kind of fighter do I want to be?   What kind of fighter do I want to be? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 3:19 pm

I would like to say my piece.

Barad 'Dun is a Dagorhir realm, in Dagorhir we tend to be a bit more role playish in our pursuits. For those type of people the roleplay only adds to the fun. Belegarth is comprised mostly of stick jocks, those types enjoy more combat and personal glory. Both have thier place and no one is saying that one is better then the other.

Barad' Dun is a coastal city, a harbor town, we made it so anyone who wants to fight has an open canvas to do or be whatever they want. As members of Barad' Dun, you should count yourselves lucky. There are MANY realms that make you conform to a certain race, weapon, or background. We thought this was to constrictive.

The Royal Army is a unit within the realm of Barad'Dun. The Royal Army has ranks and sashes, commendations and specialized training. If you don't want to be part of this unit, you don't have to be. The only thing that we ask is, if you are a member of Barad' Dun, wear the sash, whether it be a 'Merc' (you can call it a realm sash if you want), or a Royal Army sash. We ask that you honor your realm (and your friends) and fight with us during realm battles at national events.

No one is saying that you're shit if you don't want to join the army. No one is saying that the vets won't help you if you don't join. But, don't expect to be given a rank, or recieve a dagger or those spiffy dress uniforms. Those are reserved for the Royal Army. This means that if you (meant as anyone) wants to start thier own unit, that has ranks and sashes and spiffy cool uniforms....go for it!! But, keep in mind always, when we fight as a realm, the Adunakhar gives the orders and, Royal Army or not, you will be expected to do as he says. Look at it this way, the Royal Army is the regular armed forces of Barad'Dun. Every other member of this great city are conscripts in time of war (i.e. national or inter realm events). We only named them Mercenaries...well..because thats the name we came up with.

So...in closing. Join the Army or not, it's up to you as the individual. Being a part of the Realm, is enough. If you want to start your own unit, that's awesome, no one will stop you. If you want to go out and fight, but not be a part of anyones unit....thats fine too. But, in the end you don't need to be a part of any unit to be a 'serious' fighter. Only strive as far as you want but, don't get pissy if someone pushes you a bit to better yourself.

Just my two cents.

K-
Back to top Go down
Surt

Surt

PostSubject: Re: What kind of fighter do I want to be?   What kind of fighter do I want to be? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 4:09 pm

two cents well spent. thank you k'urn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What kind of fighter do I want to be?   What kind of fighter do I want to be? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What kind of fighter do I want to be?
Page 1 of 1