Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Bow and Arrows

Go down 
+4
Strider
K'urn
Surt
konradr
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

Bow and Arrows - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bow and Arrows   Bow and Arrows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 4:38 pm

Northstararchery.com carries simple fiberglass, recurve bows by 'martin'. They have 25 lb ones for $33.00 and 30 lb ones for $43. These bows are in the 'SCA or re-enactment combat archery' link. Shipping shouldn't be too bad and should be quick as they are in California.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: Bow and Arrows   Bow and Arrows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 3:49 am

Thank you very much. I'll definately check those out.
Back to top Go down
Janwin

PostSubject: Re: Bow and Arrows   Bow and Arrows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 10:51 pm

Another great place to go for bows is Woodbows.com. I have 3 bows from there, and each is a beauty. The guy who makes the bows by hand is very friendly and willing to work with clients to make sure they get exactly what they need. If you order from him, let him know that your bow cannot be over 35# at 28" and he will guarantee it. It took about 2 weeks to have 5 bows made for me and a friend, and because we ordered so many (mostly to save on shipping), he gave us wholesale rates (a 20% discount). The only down side is that you need to get bowstrings for the bows (the string he includes is not really...suitable...and will break with use).

The prices also, for being hand-made linen-backed wood bows are very fair (about as much as you'll find any other bows for).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bow and Arrows   Bow and Arrows - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bow and Arrows
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2