Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Hey, Actors!

Go down 
+7
edgar dernhelm
sasquatch
Surt
Alacian
Hxctemplar
konradr
Demie Zephyra
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

Hey, Actors! Empty
PostSubject: Hey, Actors!   Hey, Actors! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 4:56 am

I know a few people in the group are into acting.

If I write a script and hold a few practices, would anyone be interested in acting a skit for Althing?

I'll write one if I get enough people interested! Or we can choose one from the three or four I have.

Here's what I wanna know!

Who is interested in acting, how big a part they'd like (Main, supporting, non-speaking, blah, blah), and what kind of script you want. Comedic fantasy? Tragic adventure?

For example:

I'm interested and I'd like a main part. :3
And, I'd like a comedy. Maybe a comedic mystery.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Hey, Actors! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, Actors!   Hey, Actors! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 5:51 am

I'm not an actor, but my wife says I act goofy all the time. I wouldn't mind maybe a bit part in a comedic mystery, m'lady.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

Hey, Actors! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, Actors!   Hey, Actors! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 6:08 am

=D Cool.

I think you'd make a great actor, Konradr.

Haha. Maybe I can make a comedic mystery about Dag.

:3

Or an adventure type comedy in which a few members must go on a quest to find magic foam and fiberglass to build the ultimate weapon.
Back to top Go down
Hxctemplar

Hxctemplar

Hey, Actors! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, Actors!   Hey, Actors! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 6:51 am

I second Kat's motion on the quest for the magical weapon lol

I would gladly volunteer for a role :] Probably small role, like the random guy that just happens to have everything on hand w/out ever realizing it lol.

I say we do some adventure ones, like quest for the epic Taco, finding lost members, etc. Surprised
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

Hey, Actors! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, Actors!   Hey, Actors! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 7:55 am

I'd love to participate. I like the mildly comedic mystery to anything else that you'd like to write. I'll take a non-speaking/small part where I just pop in every so often for whatever reasons that no one knows and I happen to do something and they're like.."Oh. That's why you're here."...

Actually, I'll play anything from main to otherwise. I've only done a few improvised acting parts and they were H.P Lovecraft related and I was the spitting image of the femme fatale of the 1920's guarding a Godfathers loony son. My quirk was that I collected dice and they were made from the testicles of my victims who were all male. Loved it. lol
Back to top Go down
Surt

Surt

Hey, Actors! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, Actors!   Hey, Actors! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 4:50 pm

i'll do anything. king
Back to top Go down
https://baraddun.forumotion.net
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

Hey, Actors! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, Actors!   Hey, Actors! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 7:38 pm

Alright. I'm hoping to start on a script within the next week here with about 5 main characters and some supporting and silent recurring roles.

Now what to write about....
Back to top Go down
sasquatch

sasquatch

Hey, Actors! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, Actors!   Hey, Actors! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 6:30 am

i'll play in it no experience of course but for funs and right about epicness of foan fighting lol
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/kookiecrazy
edgar dernhelm

edgar dernhelm

Hey, Actors! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, Actors!   Hey, Actors! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 5:56 pm

hey hey im in and would like a speaking role i have no experience in acting but think id be pretty good Razz guess well see i dont care what the story is but i will say i am definitly better at drama........yea lotsa drama for me Razz lol just playin im good for anything Razz
Back to top Go down
Whisper

Whisper

Hey, Actors! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, Actors!   Hey, Actors! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 2:57 am

I'm in!! Any role is fine with me. Razz

I likez comedy!
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Hey, Actors! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, Actors!   Hey, Actors! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 7:41 am

Surt said:

Quote :
i'll do anything.

Now is that a King or what! I'm gonna remember you when its moving day! Very Happy

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

Hey, Actors! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, Actors!   Hey, Actors! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 2:56 pm

Okay, so...

I think what we're gonna do here is have an audition.

I won't be holding them, since I want to act too,

but I've asked someone to hold an audition after practice one day or something.

Nothing formal, and no one will get rejected.

It's just to see who gets which part, since I don't want to have arguing over the parts and then complaining to me about why so-and-so gets to claim a lead role and they didn't. >.>
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Hey, Actors! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, Actors!   Hey, Actors! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 6:02 pm

In the SCA they have what is called an 'Autocrat'. That is the position of anyone who has volunteered to organize, or lead and event or any kind. Autocrat means just like it sounds. You are in charge, your word is law, for that event. No one should argue with the Autocrat, by pain of Fifty Flail lashes. (foam flail optional)

Konradr
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Hey, Actors! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, Actors!   Hey, Actors! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 7:50 am

I've written movie type scripts but have no clue how to right a stage play. Anyways Here I have taken an old SCA joke and wrote it into a scit. Maybe Demie can take on the mantle of Stage director and put it on at the next Althing (End of April)

Konradr

Setting: Borderland area of Scotland.

Stage: Painted Woods, cloth panels as Stage left and Stage Right blocks. Backdrop cloth panel painted to look like grass covered scottish hills topped by woods and a gray sky.

Cast of Characters:

Narrator
Sir Doddington
Skinny Highlander
Sargeant at Arms
First Man at arms
2nd Man at arms
3rd man at arms
4th man at arms
5th man at arms
6th man at arms
7th man at arms.

Narrator enters from Stage Left.

NARRATOR
In the reign of Edward the first, longshanks, of England, English Nobles were given
titles and lands in far off Scotland. This was done in order that the English King could
Control the unruly Scots so far off in their cold, rugged hills. Hark! I hear Sir Rodger of
Doddington, with a band of Men-at-Arms come hither to claim his Scottish lands.

The Narrator exits stage right.

Shortly Sir Rodger appears from Stage left, followed by his Sargeant at arms and Seven Men-at-Arms in a block formation. They stop on the left side of the stage.

SIR RODGER
Look at it Sargeant, a harsh and ugly land, but soon to be mine, given to me by
the King.

SARGEANT
What of the Scot’s M’lord?

SIR RODGER
Oh, we shall deal with those buggers.

SARGEANT
Here comes one now M’lord.

A skinny highlander enter stage right and stands defiantly before them.

SIR RODGER
What? Him, is that the best the Scots have to stand in our way?

The Skinny Highlander says something angry and jeeringly in Gaelic and then shakes his fists at the English.

SARGEANT
He has some Spunk M’lord. Shall we teach him a lesson in manners?

SIR RODGER
Yes, yes, we must teach these buggers a thing or two.

The Sargeant points at the first Man at arms.

SARGEANT
You! Teach that Scot a lesson in English manners.

FIRST MAN AT ARMS
Aye Sah!

He pulls his sword and rushes after the skinny highlander. The skinny highlander exits stage right. The first man at arms also exits stage right after him.

A sound of a fight can be heard off stage, and then silence.

The skinny highlander appears with the man’s sword which he tosses over his shoulder off stage right. He wipes his hands and smirks at the English. He says something in Gaelic again and then flashes his Lordship the middle finger.

Sir Rodger is stunned.

SIR RODGER
Sargeant! What does that gesture mean?

The Sargeant leans over and whisper’s into his Lordship’s ear. Sir Rodger’s face is wide eyed in shock and then anger.

SIR RODGER
Indeed! Send two men after him and bring him back in chains!

The Sargeant points to the 2nd and 3rd Men at arms.

SARGEANT
You and you, go get that nasty little blighter!

2ND AND 3RD MEN AT ARMS
Aye sah!

One pulls out a flail and the other has a two handed sword. They charge towards the skinny highlander. Again the lad exits stage right followed closely by the two men at arms. The sound of a fight can be heard again off stage. Then the skinny highlander reappears, this time smiling.

SIR RODGER
What the devil?

The skinny highlander turns around, leans over, whips up his kilt and flashes the English noble.

Sir Rodger is livid with rage.

SIR RODGER
Sargeant I want that man’s head, Now! You take your men and get him!

SARGEANT
Yes M’lord.

The dutiful Sargeant draws his sword and waves it before his remaining men.

SARGEANT
Follow me lads, let’s get this uppity Scot!

They charge across the stage. Again the Skinny Highlander exits stage right, followed by the Sargeant at arms and his men. Sounds of a mighty battle can be heard, metal clanging, wood cracking, screams and moans. Then silence. Finally the Sargeant at arms appears from stage right and heads back to Sir Rodger. The sargeant doesn’t have his weapon or shield and his tabard is a tatter, not to mention is face is bruised and bleeding.

SIR RODGER
Well? What happened man?

SARGEANT
Sorry M’lord, it was a trick, there were two of them.

Just then the Skinny Scot and a bigger, sasquatch looking highlander step out from Stage Right. Both are smiling and joking. The large one rests a big arm on his skinny compatriot.

Sir Rodger and the Sargeant look at them fearfully.

HIGHLANDERS
Boo!

The English run yelling and exit Stage right.

The End.
Back to top Go down
Taco

Taco

Hey, Actors! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, Actors!   Hey, Actors! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 8:13 am

thats funny
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

Hey, Actors! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, Actors!   Hey, Actors! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 2:24 pm

ROFL nice one Konrad. My dad used to tell a joke like that about an army of indians sent up to scalp a soldier. ;D
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

Hey, Actors! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, Actors!   Hey, Actors! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 3:18 pm

Haha. I like that. :3

We'll have to put that one on.
Back to top Go down
Scrios

Scrios

Hey, Actors! Empty
PostSubject: ..   Hey, Actors! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 4:24 pm

I'll be in it if you need more people but I don't wannna talk alot xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hey, Actors! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, Actors!   Hey, Actors! I_icon_minitime