Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Dragon slayer video's.

Go down 
+3
Phoxly
sasquatch
konradr
7 posters
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

Dragon slayer video's. Empty
PostSubject: Dragon slayer video's.   Dragon slayer video's. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 5:55 pm

Our first Dragonslayer attempt, from sunday 02-28-10. Taco is the man up to bat.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Dragon slayer video's.   Dragon slayer video's. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 2:10 pm

2nd Dragonslayer Challenge. Sasquatch vs the Ugly beast. 4-25-10.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
sasquatch

sasquatch

PostSubject: Re: Dragon slayer video's.   Dragon slayer video's. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 7:34 pm

maybe we should do like duos from now on and sorry once again caretaker for the nut shot
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/kookiecrazy
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Dragon slayer video's.   Dragon slayer video's. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 7:58 pm

Where are the actual rules of the dragon game? Is this one we came up with?
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Dragon slayer video's.   Dragon slayer video's. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 8:11 pm

Do a "Dragon" search on the Dagorhir Forum and you will see a few variations. The original one I saw was everyone vs the Dragon and the dragon parts were completely immune except for the heart. Then someone from another realm said they used the Dragon as a test for one person vs the Dragon but didn't elaborate on Dragon vulnerablilities (Thats the version we tried with Taco and was exceedingly hard) Then I read about the Dragon Rules the Atari (?) used. They had a version where the Dragon was expected to eventually die, so its legs could be gimped and it could be defanged. Teams of 3 attacked the Dragon, if they died, the next team of 3 attacked, and so forth and so on. The Dragon could not regenerate limbs, etc and would eventually be killed because it couldn't effectively move.

Other versions have the Dragon regenerating gimped limbs after a certain count.

I mixed and matched these rules for Sasquatch's attempt. The Dragon legs could be gimped with a double tap or double handed red strike to the legs, we could have Jav's and two handed spear thrusts to that list too since the legs are treated as armored. The tail and head are still immune, the legs can be gimped but not killed. The heart can not carry a weapon but is considered fully armored and the shield is unbreakable. The Dragon parts can be disarmed if the weapons are knocked out of their hands (the feet and the tail only) they can not pick up the weapon again.

The Dragon is meant to be very, very hard to kill and if you make it any easier, you cheapen the experience.

Sasquatch did good til (notice the video) Smithy was able to hit a lower part of his leg that was not behind his shield. Had he kept covered better, he might have had another opportunity.

I would use a glaive and whack at the legs to gimp them. Once I had a couple gimped, I might go in with a few jav's or just rush in to knock over some legs and pull the hearts shield around long enough for either a double tap to the body or a double green thrust. You would get only two shots. The first shot that hits you from any armed part of the dragon would hit your armor, then a second would kill you, so you have to be confident, aggressive and pick the right moment, the right spot and be damn good with your weapons or lucky as hell.

It can be done young Phox skywalker, feel the force, maybe you will be the next challenger.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Dragon slayer video's.   Dragon slayer video's. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 10:04 pm

As long as its not unfair to the person fighting him, OR the people representing the dragon. I like unique games just as long as there is no one sidedness. I do like the team of 3 idea but not waves of them as thats no fun for the dragon.

Thank You Obiwankonradr.

PS: Can arrows kill the heart?

Last edited by Phoxly on Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Dragon slayer video's.   Dragon slayer video's. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 10:36 pm

I intend to challenge the dragon next Althing.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Dragon slayer video's.   Dragon slayer video's. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 10:36 pm

Alacian wrote:
I intend to challenge the dragon next Althing.

Shocked Orly?
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Dragon slayer video's.   Dragon slayer video's. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 11:05 pm

Yep. I'd of done so yesterday but I'd like to get through processing in one piece without having a red break my hand or my face before then (. I already took a spear to the face yesterday and have internal bruising from Saturday that's kicking my ass today. So, I'm laying off to much heavy combat before May 5th. But yes, I intend to challenge the dragon next month.

Plus....the last Sunday of next month is four days after my birthday. I have to try and be an epic eighteen and attack a dragon like all young warriors venturing into manhood...
Back to top Go down
Hxctemplar

Hxctemplar

PostSubject: Re: Dragon slayer video's.   Dragon slayer video's. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 12:10 am

Can the bow/dragons fire be broken? such as, if I strike the bow, will the dragon not be able to 'breath fire' or does that rule not apply to this game?
Back to top Go down
sasquatch

sasquatch

PostSubject: Re: Dragon slayer video's.   Dragon slayer video's. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 12:39 am

the way i remember it is a dragon will always have fire meaning yo can not break the bow and he can go and pick up arrows pretty much.

@alacian your becoming a man?

@phoxly there was talk about this and always remember that it was you could only shoot one and it had to hit the heart or something like that
Back to top Go down
Morlock

Morlock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon slayer video's.   Dragon slayer video's. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 2:54 am

Helps to read the other posts Razz
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Dragon slayer video's.   Dragon slayer video's. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 7:58 am

The "heart" is considered fully armored. An arrow or Javelin to the torso will kill it, but not to the head as it is wearing a helm.

You can not break the bow as it is considered the beasts mouth. Besides that if you swung at the bow you might damage a very expensive item. So don't do it. That being said, I don't see why you couldn't nudge the bow or arrow or the archer's hand to screw up his aim, just don't hit it.

If the "head" is fighting with his sidearm, which represents its teeth, you could knock that out of his hands and he could not pick it up.

As for Dragon Challenges. You must tell Surt in person at any practice before Althing that you want to fight the Dragon. Surt has informed me that he will allow only one Dragon Challenger per Althing. So you must be first to make the challenge and Surt must accept. Also, Dragon Challenges will only be made if there are enough fighters at Althing that Surt consider's worthy of being the Dragon, and the proper weapons.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
caretaker

caretaker

PostSubject: Re: Dragon slayer video's.   Dragon slayer video's. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 12:14 pm

I never understood why people bought so expensive bows:p With as crazy as this game gets from time to time, things are bound to have chances of breaking. Plus hitting a bow normally would be like gimping an archer or destroying a shield mans shield.

Is this rule just for this game or is it a realm preference thing?

Weird, I was looking at bow rules, cause of Kjir thinking of arching....They changed the pound rules, both crossbows and bows poundage's are 35lbs, with different maximum draws. When did this get changed??? It used to be 25lbs for bows and 15lbs for crossbows, lol, or am i just crazy? lulz:D

I may give it a try sometime:D
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/thomasalesterayers?re
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Dragon slayer video's.   Dragon slayer video's. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 3:01 pm

15lbs on a crossbow is REALLY light lol, I am glad they changed the rules but crossbows are still really inconvenient\impractical and making Dag bolts work with a normal crossbow is tough from what I hear.

On the topic of "hacking" a bow to destroy it, I'd be pissed if someone swung at a nice bow like Kilanos or Smithy's, or even my new Fiberglass bow, if you have a shot at an archer and you choose to hit their bow as opposed to their shoulder, leg, arm, or torso, you should be ashamed of yourself, especially in a respawn game where the bow DOES respawn when a fighter respawns.

The only practical use I have seen of hitting a bow was destroying a bow that had been dropped by one player to stop it from being used by another.

(Sorry to derail the topic)
Back to top Go down
sasquatch

sasquatch

PostSubject: Re: Dragon slayer video's.   Dragon slayer video's. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 4:09 pm

well i don't know about that kurn always used his bow as a shield when in a jam. I understand wut you are saying phoxly but accidents do happen and when they do it sux but there is nothing that can be done about it
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Dragon slayer video's.   Dragon slayer video's. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 5:10 pm

sasquatch wrote:
well i don't know about that kurn always used his bow as a shield when in a jam. I understand wut you are saying phoxly but accidents do happen and when they do it sux but there is nothing that can be done about it

I totally agree, I have never seen a bow break over a foam weapon hitting it, so maybe its a good option for Kurn, I have yet to meet him Sad
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Dragon slayer video's.   Dragon slayer video's. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 5:28 pm

As long as the topic is derailed we might as well take the ride in the name of interesting conversation....

I've heard people complain that the 15lb limit on crossbow's left them emasculated to the point they were only an interesting option for fun rather than serious use. Raising them to 35 means they may be a viable weapon, but a Crossbow is going to hit harder than a bow, in my opinion, so they need to be tested. I tried arching and found it too complicated for me; however, I like crossbows have used one to hunt rabbits with when I was a kid. I wouldn't mind getting one or making one. We would need a bow string weight testing thing. I've seen a topic on the Dag forum on making a simple, passable bow with PVC! Soooo maybe I can do a crossbow with PVC and a carved 2 X 4.

Bow's can be broken on the ground, yes. Just tap it and say "Bow Broken" It respawns with the dead archer.

Bows can be broken also, if the archer chooses to use it to block incoming blows. If it blocks a blow the blow will "Break" the bow. I would think you have to discard the bow after that as a "broken bow" shouldn't be able to block shots anymore. Of course by using it in this defensive manner, the archer is taking the risk of actual damage to his bow.

I wouldn't target the bow itself in any attack on an archer. I'd rather gimp or kill him. I wouldn't mind killing him and taking his bow and arrows for some quick shots at his friends either, but that would have to be okay with the archer.

Archer's don't have to engage in close combat, for instance if Kjir wants to arch, just let her know when someone gets close she can raise her arms and yield and they shouldn't hit her. We'll have to reemphasize the rules on not hitting a player who yields.

On that note, I'll try and get the loaner bow and arrows back into operation. Apparently it needs a new string, which I'll have to order through the mail. And the stupid aluminum arrows need a special nock I can't find even at the store I bought the darn things from. If anyone, another officer or weapon's checker, would like to take over responsibility of the Loaner bow and arrows from me, it may help get it back into operation quicker.(???)

As for my crossbow, I'm planning its construction in my head as we speak. I'm thinking of golf tube arrows, cut in half for crossbow bolts. (He he) They use those in SCA but with rubber blunts or tennis balls for heads. I'll use Mordrauk's design with blue camp mat foam, I believe its on the Dag forums too.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Dragon slayer video's.   Dragon slayer video's. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 5:38 pm

I saw a 30lb crossbow in a pawn shop for 25$ and I kept thinking to myself "man it would be neat to make into a dag cbow". I have seen Thunderhorse fire a bow like a crossbow with the bow sideways for long shots, I'm not realy sure the physics of making a crossbow but if its quick to load/reload and efficient maybe that would be a fun route for you to explore Konradr!

Edit: Konradr since you are a mod you should try out your mod powers and try making a new topic and merging these posts into it under the "armory" section if you don't want to further derail the topic hahaha.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Dragon slayer video's.   Dragon slayer video's. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 5:49 pm

Though part of the "mod squad" (he he, showing age there) I do not really understand my mod powers nor the admin panel, which confuses me somewhat. I will leave another Mod to do that, and simply continue the ride. But yes this would be better under the Armory topic about bows. Maybe we should just end this here and go on to make said new topic and leave this one for the next video of a dragonslayer challenge.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
sasquatch

sasquatch

PostSubject: Re: Dragon slayer video's.   Dragon slayer video's. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 6:30 pm

there is a vid on you tube on hoe to make a cheap easy crossbow so easy in fact i was like i could do that with eyes closed
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Dragon slayer video's.   Dragon slayer video's. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 6:40 pm

I was thinking two PVC pipes glued, taped, and possibly screwed together halfway down, then the half that isn't glued bend it around like a McDonald's arc with a bow string of sorts, and the bolt would rest on the glued part, hmmm might be something to have fun with Very Happy
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Dragon slayer video's.   Dragon slayer video's. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 7:30 pm

Back to top Go down
Morlock

Morlock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon slayer video's.   Dragon slayer video's. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 9:06 pm

konradr wrote:
I would use a glaive and whack at the legs to gimp them. Once I had a couple gimped, I might go in with a few jav's or just rush in to knock over some legs and pull the hearts shield around long enough for either a double tap to the body or a double green thrust.

Problem here is the head will kill you long before you reach the body. What you need to do is focus on making the dragon use it's arrows and then collect them so they can not be reused. Once out of arrows, switch from shield and sword to glaive and gimp all 4 legs. Next focus on drawing the tail out and disarming it. Once the tail is disarmed, move the weapon to the same location as the arrows. Disarming the head can also be done, but will take to much time. Using the pole, stab a leg hard in the belly to force an opening, hook the shield and stab for the heart.

For the dragon, the heart can not carry a weapon, but under some rules, can carry the arrows for the head. Heart commands how the entire unit should move. Fo-ward 2! Everyone takes two steps forward, about hace 2, everyone moves back 2 steps, with the forward and backward directions being towards the tail or head. All parts, remember you can grapple. If that jav or pole comes to close, grab it! If a shield tries to rush past, grab the shield. Leg units are going to be gimped so use those legs to bait the fighter and once close enough, grapple equipment.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Dragon slayer video's.   Dragon slayer video's. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 9:11 pm

Easier said than done Morlock lol, but good strategy minus the "make the head run out of arrows" as most archers won't sit there and pop shots at you unless you get close, so you'll spend some time exposing yourself into making the archer take shots, and then dodging those shots for a good 5-10 arrows.

You should totally challenge the dragon next time you come down Morlock (:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon slayer video's.   Dragon slayer video's. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragon slayer video's.
Page 1 of 1