Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Why is Belegarth cesored???

Go down 
+9
Phoxly
Knubbs
Strider
Smithy
konradr
Scrios
Demie Zephyra
sasquatch
caretaker
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
caretaker

caretaker

Why is Belegarth cesored??? Empty
PostSubject: Why is Belegarth cesored???   Why is Belegarth cesored??? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 6:06 am

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/thomasalesterayers?re
sasquatch

sasquatch

PostSubject: Re: Why is Belegarth cesored???   Why is Belegarth cesored??? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 6:17 am

umm i dunno because of the split i guess but it seems rediculous to me
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/kookiecrazy
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: Why is Belegarth cesored???   Why is Belegarth cesored??? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 6:23 am

Because of people and their ethnocentrism.

"My group is the best. Everyone else sucks."

>.>

MTV censored "BET" for a long time.

It's silly.
Back to top Go down
Scrios

Scrios

PostSubject: ..   Why is Belegarth cesored??? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 6:25 am

They might be censroing it cuzz they don't want other relms on there site >.>
Back to top Go down
caretaker

caretaker

PostSubject: Re: Why is Belegarth cesored???   Why is Belegarth cesored??? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 6:31 am

I think it might be more of a recruitment thing, plus Bel and doag have a bunch of copyrights on their info and rules, which i thought was odd. They are worded almost the same. I just think its silly, its the same game just different areas and names:D
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Why is Belegarth cesored???   Why is Belegarth cesored??? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 6:32 am

There's a lot written on the Bel boards about how anal the Dag leadership acts. Read the "I got kicked off the Dag forum" topic on the Bel boards.

Even I got a "Warning" from the Dagorhir moderators when I invited folks to come join us on our first visit to An Tir Dearg. An tir Dearg is Belegarth.

Old wounds that won't heal. Belegarth says our sport won't really thrive and grow if they refuse to communicate with the other sports out there (Belegarth and Amtgard) and I think they are right.

http://board.belegarth.com/viewtopic.php?f=130&t=28692&hilit=dagorhir+forum

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
caretaker

caretaker

PostSubject: Re: Why is Belegarth cesored???   Why is Belegarth cesored??? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 6:50 am

So I should probably delete my posts and just email or PM the guy:D

I didnt know it was that big a deal!
Back to top Go down
Smithy
Admin
Smithy

PostSubject: Re: Why is Belegarth cesored???   Why is Belegarth cesored??? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:47 am

Give it another decade and one of two things will happen. Dag will be dead due to its insular view points or enough people will have moved on and completely forgotten about the split. I hope for the latter. Seriously, do you mean to tell me that if you take realm identifying marks off of two random people fighting with FOAM WEAPONS that you tell the difference between Dag and Bel?

And here's one for ya. What I would like to do (and this is Vegas style) is get the two leaedrs who are ultimately in charge of the two groups, lock'em in the trunk of a 1970 Cadillac, drive'em out to a shack in the middle of nowhere, and bitch slap'em until they hammmered out a way to unify the sport.

But then what would you call it? Dagabel, Bellorhir, Dagagarth (bit country but OK), maybe Belledag.
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

PostSubject: Re: Why is Belegarth cesored???   Why is Belegarth cesored??? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 9:02 am

Dag won't die, right now it's still bigger than Bel. In another decade everything will be fine, but I don't know if I should be replying because I am a teensy bit bias.
Back to top Go down
Smithy
Admin
Smithy

PostSubject: Re: Why is Belegarth cesored???   Why is Belegarth cesored??? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 9:06 am

Actually the focus of my post was to find a way to end the split.
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

PostSubject: Re: Why is Belegarth cesored???   Why is Belegarth cesored??? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 9:12 am

You can't just end it with so many different people. It's not like ONE person rules over Dag, you can certainly persuade people to be open to a change, but it won't just END.
Back to top Go down
Smithy
Admin
Smithy

PostSubject: Re: Why is Belegarth cesored???   Why is Belegarth cesored??? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 9:17 am

Y'know, you and me are gonna talk more about this on Saturday. My explanation would go over the word limit per post and it's past your bed time. Now curl up and go to sleep. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

PostSubject: Re: Why is Belegarth cesored???   Why is Belegarth cesored??? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 9:22 am

Haha, alright Marshall we will continue this at a later date.
Back to top Go down
sasquatch

sasquatch

PostSubject: Re: Why is Belegarth cesored???   Why is Belegarth cesored??? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 9:29 am

i think if you gave them ecstacy and made sign something that would be good to cause if you gave me apen right know i would jizz in my pants... wow it's late i'm babbling ya and i'm not on ecstacy... or am i
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/kookiecrazy
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: Why is Belegarth cesored???   Why is Belegarth cesored??? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 2:00 pm

It basically comes down to 2 different cultures of foam combat clashing.

They were different enough to split to begin with and its still strong enough to hold us apart to this day. Only time will tell the outcome but to me I see them ending up reunited because I plan on throwing in for Smithy's plan.

Psst... I'll bring duck tape.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Why is Belegarth cesored???   Why is Belegarth cesored??? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 2:12 pm

What really sucks is the high up leaders of Dag hate Bel, and the high up leaders of Bel hate Dag cause Dag hates Bel. From what I understood Bel was a spin off of Dagorhir with less games and rules and more fighting (Valhalla and line battle style.) In Shannara when I told them I was moving to Vegas and joining a Dag group Katie was like OH EM GEE THATS SO COOL! -squee- (Yup.).

I never really saw a hatred for one or the other. Yes Bel is a little looser on their rules, but some realms arent very newbie friendly. Consider when I first joined Par's favorite game mode was the generational battle... newbs vs people who have been there longer than 1 year.

I do miss Belegarth alot because of the people and friends I made, but I'm making new friends here. Taco is a good example that people do cross over from one sport to another. I don't think there is a region where both a Dag realm and a Belegarth realm exist too close together.

I think they should just get over themselves and not necessarily 'merge' the sports, but stop the bullshit feud.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Why is Belegarth cesored???   Why is Belegarth cesored??? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 2:19 pm

Quote :

What is the story between Belegarth and Dagorhir?

Put as simply and objectively as possible, in an effort to protect their service mark on the name Dagorhir and all related intellectual property (IP), such as the original Dagorhir Handbook, the Dagorhir Board of Directors (BoD) requested that any group wishing to continue to use the Dagorhir SM and IP sign a legally binding contract regarding their use. The former Dagorhir groups that chose not to sign this contract instead formed a new game known as Belegarth.

In simplest terms, the two groups' severance was largely caused by miscommunication and mistrust among the leadership of both groups, which was made far worse by heavy reliance on bulletin boards and emails to discuss issues that should have been discussed over the phone, if not in person. Ultimately, both groups did what they thought was best for their game at the time, and in the end went their separate ways.

According to Belegarth website.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Why is Belegarth cesored???   Why is Belegarth cesored??? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 2:21 pm

Back to top Go down
Isk

Isk

PostSubject: Re: Why is Belegarth cesored???   Why is Belegarth cesored??? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 5:22 pm

Phoxly wrote:
What really sucks is the high up leaders of Dag hate Bel, and the high up leaders of Bel hate Dag cause Dag hates Bel. From what I understood Bel was a spin off of Dagorhir with less games and rules and more fighting (Valhalla and line battle style.)

The current leadership of Belegarth, Crynolyn is the President, is about THE most stellar example of a crossgaming supporter you could ask for. Her realm, Mordor, is one of the few realms that is very openly both a bel and a dag realm. I don't understand exactly how they pull that off and no one I asked really wanted to talk about it for risk of upsetting the apple cart. She attends and photographs Dag, Bel and Amt events regularly.

Most of the Bel realms are over the split and really just don't care. From what I have seen this is also true of Dag chapters. I have read quite a bit about the split, I was out of the game while it happened, and from what I can see it was a combination of ego, miscommunication and possibly profiteering. At the beginning you had many of the stick jocks gravitate toward bel and many of the more RP oriented players stick with dag, but that line has blurred even more with time.

Along the lines of what Smithy suggested, I want to see a true foamfighter's sport like what Brennon has done with Lord of War: http://www.stickjock.net
Personally, I think that this sort of cross boundary standardization as a sport will be the next evolution into something more widely recognized similar to what's happened with paintball. Dag and Bel won't go away and I personally doubt the two groups will remerge without becoming something entirely new. In the meantime, I put that chart together so we can have a good time in spite of semantic differences.

Going back to Caretaker's opening post, I too absolutely hate the way the main Dag board censors communication. Of course, I am also not a fan of how trollish the bel boards often are as well. About all we can do is be good examples and speak up when the opportunity presents itself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.antirdearg.com
caretaker

caretaker

PostSubject: Re: Why is Belegarth cesored???   Why is Belegarth cesored??? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 7:44 pm

I never realized how much of a big deal it really was, I didn't expect this finding to be so serious and i never realized. Thank you for your words Isk:D

Arent there many other units that are cross overs?

This war is stupid. I have never known about Bel until I came here and I love all the Bel people I have met:D I remember people on the east coast giving SCA or Basic Boffering crap but never Bel, Never even heard of it. This is surprising with how big Bel really is.

If anyone asks and as far as I'm concerned, The people of Belegarth are just as much my brothers as all the Dagorhir people I know.

I'm honored and privileged to be a part of two amazing battle games.
Back to top Go down
Isk

Isk

PostSubject: Re: Why is Belegarth cesored???   Why is Belegarth cesored??? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 7:55 pm

There are almost no crossover chapters because generally if dag finds out you are trying to play both sides, they'll pull your recognition and threaten a law-suit. I think Gwynned (sp?) plays both sides by being a dag UNIT and a bel REALM, which is probably the route I'd take if there was an issue in this area, but there really isn't. If someone wants to play and they live near Vegas, we send them to you and vice versa. Dag leadership would tell you not to send them to us, they should start their own dag chapter. They could if they wanted to, but then we'd be competing for the same member pool and that would uber-ghey.

The whole thing is completely ridiculous, but very real. Fortunately out here in the West it's not a big deal and we all know about and attend each others events and support each other's growth. More fighting, less politics please.

Last edited by Isk on Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.antirdearg.com
Morlock

Morlock

PostSubject: Re: Why is Belegarth cesored???   Why is Belegarth cesored??? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 7:55 pm

Last edited by Morlock on Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:05 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Morlock

Morlock

PostSubject: Re: Why is Belegarth cesored???   Why is Belegarth cesored??? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 7:57 pm

Isk wrote:
More fighting, less politics please.

Southern Empire! cheers
Back to top Go down
caretaker

caretaker

PostSubject: Re: Why is Belegarth cesored???   Why is Belegarth cesored??? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 9:05 pm

Isk wrote:
More fighting, less politics please.

YOU GOT MY 100% IN THAT!!!

LETS HAVE SOME FUN AND PLAY OUR GAMES:D
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Why is Belegarth cesored???   Why is Belegarth cesored??? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 9:19 pm

If we could have a forum signature, mine would be quoting Isk: Maor fighting, less politics Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why is Belegarth cesored???   Why is Belegarth cesored??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why is Belegarth cesored???
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next