Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

On the Horizon...

Go down 
+10
edgar dernhelm
Smithy
Taco
Sarabi
Isk
Morlock
Hxctemplar
Knubbs
sasquatch
konradr
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

If I could go, which event would I want to go to?
Ystare X, Ogden, UT
On the Horizon... I_vote_lcap100%On the Horizon... I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 13 ]
Battle of Silica Vale, Milpitas CA
On the Horizon... I_vote_lcap0%On the Horizon... I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

On the Horizon... Empty
PostSubject: On the Horizon...   On the Horizon... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 7:18 pm

I don't know if I will be able to make either of these, but as its only about 4 weeks away, lets at least get some views and a vote going.

The next possible event that this Realm can go to as a realm will be one of the two below. Both are weekend camping events that last from May 14 to 16. Both are in Mountains areas and should be cool with grass and other green stuff we're not used to.

A. Yestare X. Like it says, its the 10th year this event has been run. It is in Ogden Utah. It is hosted by our Belegarth friends, the Forsaken of Ered Duath (?). It will attract all realms within Utah, as well as parts of Idaho and Montana. They quote at least 150+ fighters in attendance. The cost so far looks to be $15 with feast.

It's about a 7 to 8 hour drive from us.

B. War of Silica Vale. This is a first event hosted by the new Dagorhir realm of Mallenorod which comprised Northern California and I believe southern Oregon. Longtime Dagorhirrim, Kyrax is the hosting officer. He claims to have had a good response from realms within california (Aggelgorod) and Oregon/washington. Number of participants unknown at this time. The park will be at Milpitas which is at the southern tip of San Fransciso bay area. The cost looks to be about $15 plus $5 parking fee per car.

It's about a 9 to 10 hour drive from us.

If you are planning to attend either (and you don't need the Realm's permissin to attend, just go if you want to) It would be best to drive up there starting Friday afternoon and camping Friday night and Saturday night and coming back late in the afernoon on Sunday.

I have to work on Friday evening. So that sucks. I am toying with the idea of asking for an early out (with pay off course) from my job. I can leave halfway through if approved. Then driving about 4 hours to a halfway point and camp at a KOA. I've been looking at KOA's at both BEAVER utah, and Emerald Isle lake (?) in California. I haven't gotten rates yet, but KOA's have tent pads and usually showers.

Anyhow, go ahead and cast a vote if you think you would like to go and lets see what we can figure out.

For those of you going to Rag this year. These events are exactly one month away from Rag.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
sasquatch

sasquatch

On the Horizon... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Horizon...   On the Horizon... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 7:41 pm

i say yestare because the utah ppl came down for fools raid so we should return the favor, lots of ppl for sure, get to meet forkbeard and probably other sasquatch, like a shorter drive, and this is more established, maybe next year if vale is still going we could go there but for know yestare for me
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/kookiecrazy
Knubbs

Knubbs

On the Horizon... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Horizon...   On the Horizon... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 8:20 pm

Either would be kewl but it would be easier to go as a unit if the chapter decides, then we can get rides figured out and can caravan up to the event. Smile
Back to top Go down
Hxctemplar

Hxctemplar

On the Horizon... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Horizon...   On the Horizon... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 8:38 pm

Yestare is a lot closer and the drive won't be that bad. We know some of the units there and it'll be pretty much a good time.

Silica Vale are new however and that sorta makes me want to go there to support them. We are also new, so we should help out our new neighbors.

However either one is good to me, so whichever you guys decide on i'm down for. I can do saturday and sunday, but would have to be back the following day, so leave sunday evening/monday early morning.
Back to top Go down
Morlock

Morlock

On the Horizon... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Horizon...   On the Horizon... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 9:20 pm

I remember Yestare 4... Was cold that time of year, we nearly froze at night. Mountains looked lovely still covered in snow... Nearly ended up sleeping in the bathroom because it was so cold for us. Had most of our weapons fail on us, nearly died on the road trip there, we both wore our first ever garb... good times. Smile

I'd hit up Yestare over War of Silica Vale as it is an established event.

I do find it interesting that a Dagorhir event and a Belegath event are scheduled for the same week end on the same side of the country. It's like someone is trying to make one event fail...
Back to top Go down
Isk

Isk

On the Horizon... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Horizon...   On the Horizon... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 11:52 pm

Nah, I don't think the Dag guys in Cali had a clue about Yestare. It would be about a 19 hour drive for them. From the Yestare side, it was planned long before anyone posted anything about Silica Vale to the Bel site. Just bad luck; hopefully they'll both plan better next time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.antirdearg.com
Sarabi

Sarabi

On the Horizon... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Horizon...   On the Horizon... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 9:34 am

we did a vote with the black lions and everyone agreed yestare!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
Taco

Taco

On the Horizon... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Horizon...   On the Horizon... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 7:55 am

so i was looking at rentals for the event and i could get a rental mini van the seats 7 for cheap, i have a tailer and i mie beable to get it for the trip down and back so we can put all the shit on it. and mabe have smithy tow it if he comes so, what do you guys think? I want to leave at 5 in the morning on friday and if people want to pich in money they will be garenteed a seat in the car.
Back to top Go down
Smithy
Admin
Smithy

On the Horizon... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Horizon...   On the Horizon... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 9:34 am

Yestare for me as well. But I won't be able to get the day off so that means that if I take the trailer (awsome idea BTW) I'll need it pre packed. I'll only get about a half day off like Konradr but no pay. This will take some planning but I like it and it's do-able.
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

On the Horizon... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Horizon...   On the Horizon... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 1:56 pm

I know i could get the 1/2 day like konradr and Smithy. Smile

count me in. Smile
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

On the Horizon... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Horizon...   On the Horizon... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 4:28 pm

If all your black lions are going, you could get them in your mini-van, and head up early to set up a camp for us late arrivals.

Isk has also volunteered to set up a tent for us late arrivals so all we have to do is pull up and crash. Our weapons and everything can be handled by the early arrivals and they can wake us after weapons check so we can just get it on, so to speak.

For you early group. Isk has also offered to wait for you in St. George so you can all convoy up there together. Contact him and work out the details if you wish.

I'm still waiting to see if I'm going to get at least half the day off. If so, I will prepack my stuff so I can leave by either 7:30 or 8pm on Friday. I don't know if I will have the van or the jeep. I would prefer the van (mechaniclly speaking) but my wife wouldn't want it for two days. If its the jeep it will hog gas like a B#$%@! So it will be expensive to ride with me, but I can fit three in the jeep besides me and Romeo. Of course if its the van, I can fit 5 besides us two. I can strap down gear on top of both. More than likely it will be a straight 8 hour drive and then a few hours sleep when we get there.

Of course right now I'm just talking out the side of my butt, because I haven't said anything to the wife. My one ace in the hole is that my Birthday is on the 22nd (the following weekend) so I can play that card. "Oh, honey, you know what I want for my birthday....."
cheers

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Morlock

Morlock

On the Horizon... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Horizon...   On the Horizon... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 4:34 pm

If you guys have room for +1 that would be awesome, however I'm looking at flying in rather than car tripping the 12+ hours...
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

On the Horizon... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Horizon...   On the Horizon... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 4:43 pm

Hmmmmm. whats your quote on flying prices???

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Morlock

Morlock

On the Horizon... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Horizon...   On the Horizon... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 4:52 pm

250 round trip. about the same I'd pay for gas. Not counting the $40 shuttle fee and the $30 extra baggage fee, and $50 worth of food and the $20 to get to the site (or my merc services to the group that picks me up Wink)
Back to top Go down
Taco

Taco

On the Horizon... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Horizon...   On the Horizon... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 9:13 pm

we should talk about it a little this Saturday.
Back to top Go down
edgar dernhelm

edgar dernhelm

On the Horizon... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Horizon...   On the Horizon... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 11:08 pm

you all know im in for a trip if its to be yestare then so be it im more than revved for another event Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Isk

Isk

On the Horizon... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Horizon...   On the Horizon... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 11:08 pm

If needs be, we could probably fit you in with us, Morlock. Whatever works best for you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.antirdearg.com
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

On the Horizon... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Horizon...   On the Horizon... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 11:43 pm

Awe. Wish I could go.

:[
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

On the Horizon... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Horizon...   On the Horizon... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 6:41 am

Quote :
Awe. Wish I could go.

And why not young lady??? We took care of you to St. George and back, surely you will be in the safest of hands. Templars coming! (he he, if thats what it takes)

Konradr
Back to top Go down
caretaker

caretaker

On the Horizon... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Horizon...   On the Horizon... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 7:06 am

I thought we were making plans for so:D I guess they have a thing called the Mothers Nest, its a camping area for just women/men and their children to stay out of the Maleness and other night activities. Kitty said something to me about this. The three of you need to talk, kitty has some wonderful ideas to get you to go too Kat. Its worth a try?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/thomasalesterayers?re
konradr

konradr

On the Horizon... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Horizon...   On the Horizon... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 7:33 am

I'm not a drinker, and will probably be attending to my own amusements, either playing a game, or reading or laptoping or something to while away the night, oh and sleeping early. Yeah, I'm a party pooper. My part of the encampment will be DRY!

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

On the Horizon... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Horizon...   On the Horizon... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 8:19 am

Demie Zephyra wrote:
Awe. Wish I could go.

:[

yeah there is a mother and children section for all belegarth events i don't know if they have them at dag events but yeah if it would make your mom more comfortable we can " sleep" there if it would help convince her to let you go or. my nana lives 15 min away you can convince your mom that we ( me and kjirsten ) will be at my nana's house. not camping.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
Phoxly

Phoxly

On the Horizon... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Horizon...   On the Horizon... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 3:24 pm

-sadness- I REALLY WANT TO GO =( Maybe something will fall through with our May show and I won't have to go to Orlando lol.
Back to top Go down
bacchus

bacchus

On the Horizon... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Horizon...   On the Horizon... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 8:17 pm

Hey all

So excited to have u all coming to yastare.

i saw someone post about a plain. if anyone needs a ride to or from the airport we can make that happen.

konrad: i am going up to set up early friday morning, i will make sure that there is a spot for quiet camp to be, away from the main fire.

aslo if you are bringing anyone from the ages of 16-18 they need to get a waver signed by their parent or gardian. if anyone falls into this catagory, then pm me and i can get you the waver to sign down there and bring up with u. we will need smithy or knubs to co sign as a witness, as well as a 18+ yo to be the Point of Contact and responsable adult for the event.

again u guys are awsome can't wait see you all again

ps. if i spelled anything wrong, blame smithy
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

On the Horizon... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Horizon...   On the Horizon... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 9:15 pm

you spelled my name wrong...its K N U B B S... you were close though...

Smile

I'll vouch for whoever need to be vouched for. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

On the Horizon... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Horizon...   On the Horizon... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

On the Horizon...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next