Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Hello there

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Aleksander Piotrowski

Aleksander Piotrowski

Hello there Empty
PostSubject: Hello there   Hello there I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 4:10 am

Howdy, a friend of mine from over the internet is a larper and often talked about it. I looked into it and I have to say I am interested in it. I never done this before so I'm not really sure where to start. From what I have found so far, the park where you guys practice on Sundays isn't too far away from where I live.

I am a 16 year old male who has been practicing fencing for about 5 years now, so I have some skill with a blade (Though I do realize the styles of fighting are very different). I have looked onto some other sites and have found some rules and how to make a blade. I have not yet been able to make a blade, but if required to join practices, i might be able to make a blade before this sunday.

Other than that, I'm completely new at this, and it seems that this group is the best place for me to start, mostly for it's the only one i know of in the area. So, err, what should I do from here, and what time are the practices?
Back to top Go down
Kilanos

Kilanos

Hello there Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there   Hello there I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 5:54 am

First off let me say, welcome to Barad'Dun.
We practice Saturdays at Desert Breeze on the corner of Twain and Durango (the park is huge so make sure you come to the correct area). The practice starts at 12 noon and runs until everyone decides to leave which is usually around 3 or 4. As was stated by K'urn in a seperate post, I would suggest not making a weapon prior to coming out to a practice. We have quiet a few extra weapons for you to try out so you will be able to decide which fighting style you prefer prior to making your own. When you come an one of our members will take you aside and introduce you to the different types of weapons and give you a run down of the rules. You will need a signed waiver which can be downloaded from the Dagorhir site or can be provided by one of the officers when you show up. If you want to read up more on the rules, check out the Dagorhir Handbook however, as I said before, we will make sure you know all you need before we throw you out on the battlefield. Hopefully you can make it out this weekend and see if you like what we have to offer. Once again, welcome!

-Kil
Back to top Go down
Aleksander Piotrowski

Aleksander Piotrowski

Hello there Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there   Hello there I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 6:19 am

Saturday? I got fencing that finishes at noon, and this saturday I'm doing some filming to make a video to help make a school club.

I hope you guys don't mind me coming an hour late, sweaty, and completely new to this thing.

What should i come with, what clothes, and will you guys be exactly on that corner?
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Hello there Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there   Hello there I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 3:23 pm

Where do you fence at? Redrock fencing? I use to fence myself but was never very good at it. Did historical fencing with the SCA as well. Still have all my gear if you ever want me to bring it along let me know maybe after bashing with foam we could fence a little.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
K'urn

K'urn

Hello there Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there   Hello there I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 10:32 pm

Yes, exactly on that corner. Wear comfy clothes and shoes, with time we will expect garb. You will need to bring, yourself, comfy clothes, enthusiasm, and a lot of energy.

Welcome to Barad'Dun.

K-
Back to top Go down
Aleksander Piotrowski

Aleksander Piotrowski

Hello there Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there   Hello there I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 11:20 pm

Awesome, can't wait.

Oh, Konradr, I fence at the Fencing Academy of Nevada, which is roughly about 5 miles from the park (at Bruce Trent Park). I'll be coming straight from fencing, so I can bring my gear as well, sweat and all. I have never done historical fencing though.

I'll try to show up at about 1 PM, for, like I said before, I have to take some video.
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

Hello there Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there   Hello there I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 5:10 pm

Meh, dont fret on being late. Were pretty loose on that stuff.

*looks left* *looks right* pssst.... im usually late as well. 1:00 is my norm. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello there Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there   Hello there I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello there
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Barad'Dun The Western Tower :: Our Chapter-
Jump to: