Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Outlander, the movie...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

Outlander, the movie... Empty
PostSubject: Outlander, the movie...   Outlander, the movie... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 8:02 am

So I watched outlander the movie after Surt and Heretic recommended it. Its a good movie about a space settler crash landing on Earth during the Viking Age. He brings with him a beast that he tells the Vikings is a "Dragon" and once they all believe, they have to try and hunt it down and destroy it.

For those who have seen it. The part where the spaceman escapes his viking captors and then chases after the monster into the "Maze of hung hides" is kind of like what I envisioned for the "Fight the Wolf" in my unit. A maze, at night, one on one.

the Other interesting part that got me a thinking was the "shields" game at the feast. So I thought this would be both a good camp drinking game, and a combat game.

Shields games.

First you can use regular shields, probably cored ones, and lay them flat on the ground. However, best would be simple plywood discs (painted for looks) about 24 " in diameter. Lay these on the ground with a sandbag underneath, dead center. This makes it a balance board. Its not neccessary to put the sandbag, but you can put them under some or all, and it then adds a dimension of difficulty.

Outlander, the movie... Shield10

Camp Shield Game.

This would be like a "Goat" game. You lay out a circle of shields. Some, none or all may have sandbags underneath. Two "runners" start at opposite ends. They must run around the circle of shields. For a drinking game, everytime the runners reach the black shield they are handed a cup of something they must drink down completely as they run. First person to touch the ground with any part of the body, looses.

Outlander, the movie... Shield11

Combat Shield game.

Its a capture the flag. There is a large Moat between the home areas for each flag. It is a lava moat. Shields are placed throughout the moat for people to jump to and from. Some, all or none can have sandbags underneath. Touch the lava and your dead.

Outlander, the movie... Shield12

Okay, good night.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

Outlander, the movie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outlander, the movie...   Outlander, the movie... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 4:17 am

I call first dibs on that drinking one.
Back to top Go down

Outlander, the movie...
Page 1 of 1