Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

computer problem....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

computer problem.... Empty
PostSubject: computer problem....   computer problem.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 7:59 am

Hey computer guys. My main PC froze and I unplugged it. Now when I go to start I get the black screen that says start normal or start from last good setting or start in safe mode. Trouble is, it won't start in any mode. I've tried all them and all it does is recycle back to the same black start screen. I have XP home edition. Anyone have a clue how I can get it to start????????

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
caretaker

caretaker

PostSubject: Re: computer problem....   computer problem.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 1:40 pm

I can take a look at it for you:D However, I do charge because it is one of the things I do for business. If you wanna come over and have me just look at it, I can see what your options are before I do anything, I won't charge to do a quick look. Don't worry, I won't rip you off, lol.

Let me know if you would like for me to look at it for you:D
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/thomasalesterayers?re
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: computer problem....   computer problem.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 3:02 pm

A couple of questions might help as well....

Have you been experiencing any issues with you loading times recently?

How old is your computer?

Has there been any problems recently that involve over heating?

When was the last time you cleaned out your computer ie. dusted it, etc etc etc.?
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: computer problem....   computer problem.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 6:10 pm

Konradr when you say it "recycles" back to the start screen do you mean it restarts and just goes back to that same start up in "blah blah blah" mode?

Windows XP is programmed to automatically restart upon a fatal system failure, unfortunately the means of fixing this is to go into your control panel and fix it, but since your system won't even start up you have 2 options.

1) Boot from an XP disk. If you have a windows XP disk you can insert it into your disk drive and when it restarts it will prompt you to repair your system, or boot from the disk. You should be able to repair without losing everything, and be aware of any warnings that let you know you are about to do so. Simply repairing your OS should do the trick, but it could be your boot config which means you'll need to run a command to fix it.

OPTION 2:

Booting into "safe mode":

When it starts to "recycle" press F8 about every 2 seconds until your computer goes into a new menu just like the "boot in last good configuration?" menu, only this time select safe mode.

If this works and you are able to get back to your desktop (it will look really blown up and high resolution, and you won't like it), follow the instructions found HERE.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: computer problem....   computer problem.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 7:39 pm

Thx phoxly. I will see what I can do. I think I still have the disks that came with the computer, problem is they were in the shed and everything in the sheds have been packed and moved to our storage unit in preparation for our move.

I can't get into safe mode either, but I will try the f8 thing.

I can't remember which is older, my 8 year old or the computer. My wife says just buy a new one. I really want to! I just don't have the money right now. I was thinking if it were possible to slave another computer to the shot one and save stuff off its hard drive onto flash drives?

Thx for the input guys.

Knubbs, its filthy, I'm lazy. Probably been a death just waiting to happen.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: computer problem....   computer problem.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 9:16 pm

You could slave it to another computer and then backup all your stuff. They sell "enclosures" at bestbuy for hardrives taht you can take an old hardrive and make it an external one by putting it in the enclosure. Its kinda neat. It has a usb spot too. Smile Glad to help. I would get a new computer when you can. Like a $400 one off Newegg is probably going to be (quite literally) 10x better than yours in every way imaginable.
Back to top Go down
caretaker

caretaker

PostSubject: Re: computer problem....   computer problem.... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 11:19 pm

What Phoxly said!Very Happy

If you don't have a disk, I may be able to help you out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/thomasalesterayers?re
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: computer problem....   computer problem.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

computer problem....
Page 1 of 1