Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Arrows - What to do?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Alacian

Alacian

Arrows - What to do? Empty
PostSubject: Arrows - What to do?   Arrows - What to do? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 5:14 am

So, I ordered a bow today. And I bought six arrows from Pacific Archery to start off with.

I have been told that I need to tip my arrows with open cell foam and that Galaxy Foam will cut them into cylinders. But.......What other foam do I use? Velora? Camping foam? I doubt it's camping foam. How much foam should I get? Anything specific I should ask of the people at Galaxy foam?

Does anyone have any tips on the how to's? I've been told it should be capped with a penny to. How about just general how to guideline? I can read well.

I'll be going to Galaxy Foam this week and I was hoping for some pointers and advice before I do since that is this weeks project. Also, dap or spray adhesive? What works best? Yes, I know I can find plenty of Dag How To's on the internet, but I'd rather ask our resident archers what they think.

Cheers.

- A

p.s. If this has already been asked and there is a thread for it that I'm overlooking - Go ahead and redirect me.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Arrows - What to do?   Arrows - What to do? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 5:20 am

Phoxly and Smithy are the guys to talk to. I think they have made their own arrows, and I know Smithy is like on a first name basis with the folks at Galaxy foam.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Smithy
Admin
Smithy

PostSubject: Re: Arrows - What to do?   Arrows - What to do? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 8:08 am

Just bring the arrows and the cloth you want to cover them with. I have glue and materials for the rest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arrows - What to do?   Arrows - What to do? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arrows - What to do?
Page 1 of 1