Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park

Go down 
+4
sasquatch
Sarabi
Hxctemplar
Phoxly
8 posters

Will you be there?
Yes
Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park I_vote_lcap56%Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park I_vote_rcap
 56% [ 5 ]
No
Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park I_vote_lcap11%Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
I don't know.
Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park I_vote_lcap33%Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
I need a ride (post below).
Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park I_vote_lcap0%Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Phoxly

Phoxly

Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park Empty
PostSubject: Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park   Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 4:38 pm

We will be practicing at our usual location in Desert Breeze Park at 12 noon.

Bring water if you can, I'll bring a 24pack just in case Smile

As you may have noticed, it is starting to get cooler during practice. Remember to bring a jacket and perhaps some gloves to help keep you warm if you need them. Also, remember to stretch before you start practicing. With the colder weather you muscles will be tight and if you push yourself to far too quickly, you can pull something.

For any new members joining us, the practice location is off the corner of Durango and Twain on the Southwest corner of the park. If you turn in off of twain you will see a parking lot on your left with a children's playground behind it. We are usually able to get one of the gazebos off
the playground. Loaner weapons and shields will be available for anyone not currently owning equipment of their own.
See you on the field of battle.

Barad'dun for life!

cheers
Back to top Go down
Hxctemplar

Hxctemplar

PostSubject: Re: Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park   Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 8:08 pm

guess who's favorite Templar will show up w/ beautiful maiden in tow??? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park   Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 11:14 pm

will try to be there!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park   Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 11:31 pm

Akeria wrote:
will try to be there!!!

I'll be at your house at 9am. You better be comin Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park   Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 12:43 am

why are you coming over so early?!!! i'll let josh know that there will be a practice!...
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park   Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 12:55 am

Just wanna make sure you guys come out, always more fun when you do. Smile
Back to top Go down
sasquatch

sasquatch

PostSubject: Re: Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park   Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 5:56 am

I will be there got called off of work for tomorrow soo yay
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/kookiecrazy
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park   Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 6:00 am

Wooo Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park   Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 2:02 pm

me and taco will be there after noonish josh wants to sleep in he's been workin hard all week! so see ya tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Scrios

Scrios

PostSubject: ..   Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 7:35 pm

I'll be there like around 12 or 1 I slept in to lol >.>
Back to top Go down
barrikaide

PostSubject: Re: Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park   Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 4:44 am

good practice lot of people and Heretic was channeling some Surt or something because he was like a whirling dervish out there.

Good to see soo many new people and i think we acquired 2 while fighting pretty nice.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park   Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 5:47 am

Yeah no kidding. We had atleast 2 walk up and start playing with us. Loved seeing the new targets... errr players. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park   Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 5:55 am

Several of the New kids want to go to Weapon's build next week. Someone should buy some PVC cores and donate foam and DAP or double sided duct tape and Stockings so they can make a basic weapon. I'm tapped out, saving money for a bandshoppe pole for a spear for WOR, and my trip to St. George on the 19th.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park   Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 6:25 am

I can grab some PVC and blue foam, most of us have a lot to build so it might be hard to try to teach new people how to build weapons, while still working on our own stuff. $20 should get enough material to get a good 2-3 weapons?

I know we have had problems before where new people showed up, made swords, shields, and tons of other equipment, and then never showed up to practice again. Taking the weapons with them that others pitched in money for (Knubbs, Kilanos, etc.).

Maybe these weapons they make at the build should be loaners?
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park   Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 7:21 am

We could make a stipulation. If they don't have money to pay for the materials to build the weapon, or bring materials to build the weapon, then the weapon they build will be Realm loaner weapons (Mark pommel with white tape). If they do have money that will cover the cost, or materials to make their own, then they can keep them.

I just read a good idea on the Bel forum. Business cards are relatively cheap. We could make some with a little Realm info, and internet address's for the forum, the website, and the main Dag forum to download and print the rules or at least read them. And we could hand them out to people who show an interest or passerbys at the park who ask any questions.

I'm thinking of writing up, illustrating and printing off simple 'how to' manual on making your own basic weapon from readily available materials (Blue foam, DAP, Double Sided duct tape, PVC and fiberglass driveway markers) I'll list where the materials can be found and rough prices. Basic swords, axe, speed stick, maybe shield. and try and have a few by next practice to hand out to new people.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Taco

Taco

PostSubject: Re: Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park   Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 10:14 am

sounds awsome
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park   Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 10:17 am

yeah no doubt this was one of the best practices we've had in awhile!.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park   Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Practice January 8th - Noon @ Desert Breeze Park
Page 1 of 1