Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Practice Saturday, September 5th (12 noon)

Go down 
+5
Strider
Alacian
konradr
barrikaide
Kilanos
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Kilanos

Kilanos

Practice Saturday, September 5th (12 noon) Empty
PostSubject: Practice Saturday, September 5th (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, September 5th (12 noon) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 4:09 am

We will be practicing at our usual location in Desert Breeze Park at 12 noon.

Please bring drinks or ice chests if you are able to. If not other members usually have enough to share.

For any new members joining us, the practice location is off the corner of Durango and Twain on the Southwest corner of the park. If you turn in off of twain you will see a parking lot on your left with a children's playground behind it. We are usually able to get one of the gazebos off the playground.

See you on the field of battle

-Kil
Back to top Go down
barrikaide

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, September 5th (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, September 5th (12 noon) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 6:04 pm

i will be there. Fear the SHIELD
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, September 5th (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, September 5th (12 noon) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 6:12 pm

Return of the big black behemoth!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, September 5th (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, September 5th (12 noon) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:21 pm

konradr wrote:
Return of the big black behemoth!!!

Does that translate into 'black Mike' as Strider calls him? >_>

-all curious like-
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, September 5th (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, September 5th (12 noon) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:38 pm

No black mike went into the navy awhile back. This is Barrikaide with his big black tower shield.
Back to top Go down
semtater

semtater

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, September 5th (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, September 5th (12 noon) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 11:19 pm

Haha. Guess what? I has a four day weekend off from school. So I'll be down for another weekend. And my dad might want to bring the fam too. Get ready for an extra five small children, not including my dad. Lol
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, September 5th (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, September 5th (12 noon) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 11:20 pm

Strider wrote:
No black mike went into the navy awhile back. This is Barrikaide with his big black tower shield.

Ah. Gotcha. I want to spar him, then. ^_^

Oh! Bring your staff to practice. I wanna try it if you'll let me.

Semtater -

Awesome. Get your backside down here and drag Dustin with you so it'll be six children and your dad. =P
Back to top Go down
semtater

semtater

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, September 5th (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, September 5th (12 noon) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 1:54 am

Dangit, sorry guys. Other news just sprung up on me and I have to stay in town for the weekend. Maybe next time.
Back to top Go down
Aleksander Piotrowski

Aleksander Piotrowski

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, September 5th (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, September 5th (12 noon) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 4:01 am

Barrikaide wrote:
i will be there. Fear the SHIELD
Oh God.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, September 5th (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, September 5th (12 noon) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 7:08 am

Hmmmm, I got good news and bad news.

Good news: I fixed my flail and its ready to hit someone. My bowstring came in! I can now use my bow. I got paid, I have money!

Bad news: I won't be able to hit anyone with either my flail or bow this Saturday. Sorry guys. I have to work. We're very short of drivers and I didn't want ot work Sunday or Monday (holiday) so I accepted Saturday. It's a 10 hour shift 6:00 to 4:30pm. I feel bad, but some things just have to be done weather you want to do them or not.

Oddvar will be at practice, but I'm not sure about Kilanos, his aunt's funeral is scheduled for Saturday. Give hime your best wishes. As for Oddvar, make sure you listen to him. I don't want to go to the park to scrape anyone up off the grass.

Fight hard, fight fair, be safe, and have fun! Wish I could be there. However there is a possiblilty I might be able to come by Sunday if anyone wants to spar. Leave me a note and I'll post on the forum Saturday night if I can. Monday we're planning a family picnic either at the park or maybe at Mt. Charleston. Wife would probably get mad if I tried to slip away from that and go spar. Then again if some of you were to show up at the park with foam weapon's and I just happen to have a shield and my flail in the back of the van, you know, for emergencies you never know when a foam flail may come in handy.

I heard from Surt. He can't wait to get home and to see all of you. He plans to begin building up the Royal Army with an intensive training program for as many recruits as he feels he can train at one time. Everyone else will have to wait their rotation. He intends to make it as physical as possible. He will discuss his regimen and plans with each of us when he returns. he likes that we are interacting with other realms, both Belegartha nd Dag and knows we are doing him proud.

Well got to get some sleep. G'night.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
barrikaide

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, September 5th (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, September 5th (12 noon) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 9:23 am

good news on the flail. Bad news you wont be there saturday. The mace Kurn made for me was broken pretty badly. I just finished fixing it. Not nearly as nice as he did it but it will do. Dont tell me after a month off im comign to practice and you guys arent going to be there.
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, September 5th (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, September 5th (12 noon) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 1:50 pm

I'm sorry you can't make it, Kurt. I hope it's a good weekend and works out well enough. I'll be there Saturday. I can't say I'd be able to make it Sunday. Lets see if I'm still standing after Saturday. Ha ha.

I had no idea about Kilanos. I'm real sorry, baby and give you my condolences. *sends hugs and kisses*

About Oddvar. If you talk to him before Saturday, let him know I'll be there a little before noon if he wants and I'll help him set things up and with the running of games, too. I don't want him to feel like it's all thrown on him. =P
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, September 5th (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, September 5th (12 noon) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 3:04 pm

Sorry barrikade, I know you are itchin' to beat the crap out of us with watever weapon you have on hand. By the way. Kurn left me some golf clubs for making beatsticks and a few fun noodles. I don't have much 'velora' left though. Also I didn't see how they made the beat stick, but Oddvar did, so maybe next Saturday I can bring you what I have and Oddvar can give a lesson. Just remind me. I'll do an inventory of the golf clubs and see how many 'realm' beat sticks we can make for loaners.

Haven't got the final word on Kilanos yet.

Thanks for offering to Help Alacian. I'm sure oddvar will be happy about it. As far as running the games, I'm sure he can manage.

Oddvar, if you drop by my house on Friday night or Saturday morning I can set aside the capture the flag stuff and the goblin head stuff if you want it.

konradr
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, September 5th (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, September 5th (12 noon) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 3:15 pm

I sold four full sets of golf clubs off last month.....

Damn it....If I'd been in Dag sooner I coulda made beat sticks. -_- ....

Anyway. Yeah. Give my best to Kilanos.

No worries on him running games. I was just offering if he needed some assistance. =P

But. Yeah. I'll show up about twenty to noon and help out and see what he needs. Tell him he better bring Frog Legs. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, September 5th (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, September 5th (12 noon) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 5:57 pm

Ill back up Oddvar. Dont you worry about anything. Just enjoy your work cause that equals money. Smile

Have a good Saturday Konradr.
Back to top Go down
Kilanos

Kilanos

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, September 5th (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, September 5th (12 noon) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 7:25 pm

Hey guys and gals,

I will be at practice this saturday. Services were set for friday morning so I couldn't go due to work. I will see you all out on the field tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
K'urn

K'urn

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, September 5th (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, September 5th (12 noon) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 1:17 am

My sympathy to you Kilanos.

The beat sticks are the easiest things to build. Just quickly.

Take a 3/4" strip of velora and wrap it barber pole like from tip to top of handle. Tape with Duct tape (the Red DUCK brand...lol) the same way. Cap it. Apply gorilla glue. Spritz the glue with water. Shove on the funnoodle. Let it dry. Trim any excess glue. Cap it with a small disk of leather. Cap it with foam. Wrap one layer of velora. Cap it. Cover it.
If you want a stabby tip, add it before you wrap the final layer of velora.

K-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, September 5th (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, September 5th (12 noon) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Practice Saturday, September 5th (12 noon)
Page 1 of 1