Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

St George Road Trip, anyone?

Go down 
+8
nightmare92
Aleksander Piotrowski
Alacian
semtater
Strider
Knubbs
barrikaide
konradr
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

St George Road Trip, anyone? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 2:15 pm

I'll cover at least half of that, more if you need it. I'm not in the best financial straits myself, but I made a promise to An Tir Dearg that we'd make a show, and I keep my promises. I will cover you if you'll come. You and Asteroth have been awsome the last couple of practices and I'd hate to break up the team. Very Happy

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Isk

Isk

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 3:11 pm

Text directions to our park for everybody coming up: From the south take Green Spring Dr (exit 10), turning right off the exit and then take an immediate left at the next intersection, onto Telegraph. Follow Telegraph through one stoplight, past Walmart, and over a bridge. The park is on your right immediately after the bridge, take the first right and then into the parking lot.

We are really looking forward to having you guys over. See you on Saturday!
Back to top Go down
http://www.antirdearg.com
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 10:58 pm

To Konradr-
Okay, but I don't want you to do that if it really will be hard for you. Who else is coming in my car???
Back to top Go down
semtater

semtater

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 12:43 am

Alright, this is for those of you that want to have a backup plan in case you get lost on Saturday.

Isk or I would be happy to give anyone our cell numbers if they'd like, just PM either of us.
Back to top Go down
Aleksander Piotrowski

Aleksander Piotrowski

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 1:34 am

Before I forget, how much should I bring for food and gas?
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 7:43 am

I'm thinking $10.00 for gas maybe $5.00 for food depending on where we stop for food AFTER fighting. I bought some snacks, water and soda. I you can't afford the gas, don't sweat it, I think I have enough to get us there and back.

Strider,

Between Alex, Knubbs and Nightmare, I don't know who all lives near you. You can pick two of them up,or all three. My Son's Cousin's live over by sunrise mountain so I will pick them up and get whoever you can't pick up. We'll meet at Desert Breeze around 6:45/7am and leave from there after distributing whatever we need to distribute. Two can ride with you and the last will ride with me in the van. So I may yank out the van's middle seats so I can have room for gear and coolers.

Here's Knubbs email: clinton.hartman@gmail.com

Alex's Cell: (702)428-3856 & home (702)243-7969

Nightmare's: 702-883-2043

I work evenings but I can be reached tomorrow before 1:00pm at 433-2918 or after 11:00pm at the same number. My cell phone is kaput. Let me know who you can pick up and I'll pick up the rest.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Oddvar

Oddvar

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 2:07 am

This is the Info that I have for Knubbs

702-581-6059
5908 Trumball St.
clintonhartman@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 6:54 am

Thanks Russ, Knubbs contacted me and said he has a ride to desert breeze and will be waiting there for us at 6:30am.

Knubbs and Alex have money to chip in for gas.

Haven't heard from Strider yet. If he can make it, I can ditch two seats in the van and take the gear in the back of the van instead of on top. Alex, nightmare and knubbs could ride with Strider. I don't need help with gas. I'll have Romeo, Matt and Taylor and all the gear.

I worked OT tonight, sorry for the late posting. I'll be getting up around 5pm and leaving around 5:45 to pick up whoever I need to pick up. I'll call then. See y'all tomorrow.

An Tir Dearg, Beware the Raven war banner, it will lead Barad'dun to your shores.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Isk

Isk

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 1:29 am

Thanks for coming guys, you rock! I have talked to most of my guys and everyone has commented that there was great honor, they really enjoyed fighting both with and against you guys and are looking forward to the next chance to cross blades. I think my personal highlight was the thermopylae battles.

I hope the drive home was safe and look forward to seeing Knubbs' pics. Oh, and the birthday party was a blast, with six 5-8 year-olds jumping on me in the po
Back to top Go down
Aleksander Piotrowski

Aleksander Piotrowski

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 1:49 am

Good times were had.

The communist flag was great.
Back to top Go down
Isk

Isk

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 4:31 am

Yeah, Drew is our resident 'Russian.' Ironically, I am the only one who has lived in or actually speaks Russian (hence the username...). I want to put names with faces, though, so Sasha, which one was you? Also on that note, I mentioned this today and ought to pass it along:

St George Road Trip, anyone? - Page 3 633551626467205983-InMotherRussiaWaldofindsyouFunnyMotivator
Back to top Go down
Aleksander Piotrowski

Aleksander Piotrowski

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 5:27 am

Sasha?

Err, I was the one with the brown shirt and grey sweat pants.

Hold on, I'll try to find a camera.
Back to top Go down
Isk

Isk

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 5:59 am

All common Russian names have a standard nickname like robert and bob or william and bill. Aleksander shortens to Sasha. Your mom, or your girlfriend, might've called you Sashenka or Sashechka. Pavel shortens to Pasha, Pyotr shortens to Petya, Natalya is Natasha, Ekaterina is Katya, etc. This is one of the most confusing things about reading Russian Literature in English, because a Russian knows this and an American thinks there are three or more different characters who are actually one person.

Brown hair, on the tall side?
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 7:04 am

I drive for a living so I listen to alot of audiobooks. Usually historical fiction or war novels, fantasy, some mysteries.

David L. Robbins writes some good books as does Bernard cornwell. David L. Robbins wrote three WWII books and he obviously knows Russian idiosyncracies. "War of the Rats", "End of War" and "Citadel" all have excellent russian characters who always seem to have different names depending on whose talking to them. Child 44 is a good book too, but the author escapes me, and Martin Cruz Smith has an interesting series on his Russian detective Arkady Renko, starting with "Gorky park".

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Aleksander Piotrowski

Aleksander Piotrowski

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 7:05 am

Yes.

Also, I can't find my cable to get the pictures from the camera >.<
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

St George Road Trip, anyone?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3