Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Armor Questions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Alacian

Alacian

Armor Questions Empty
PostSubject: Armor Questions   Armor Questions I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 1:56 am

Does anyone in our realm do leather working?

Bracers, gauntlets, and the like?

Does anyone know someone around here that does if none of our guys and gals do?

-avoids internet purchases at all costs-

- A
Back to top Go down
semtater

semtater

Armor Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armor Questions   Armor Questions I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 2:34 am

I don't know of anyone in the realm, but online, Tandy Leather Factory is a wonderful place to get lots of great inexpensive leather.

http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/?sectionpath=1&processor=asp&asp_processor=store&action=setcountry&countryID=1033&return=
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

Armor Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armor Questions   Armor Questions I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 2:40 am

That doesn't help right now. I need a crafter. But, thank you. I'll bookmark it for future reference if I find a crafter.
Back to top Go down
K'urn

K'urn

Armor Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armor Questions   Armor Questions I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 10:49 pm

I can do some leather work. What were you looking for??

K-
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

Armor Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armor Questions   Armor Questions I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 2:43 am

Late, but better than never.

Do you make bracers?
Back to top Go down
K'urn

K'urn

Armor Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armor Questions   Armor Questions I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 8:16 pm

Yes, bracers are actually real easy to make. Are you looking for something simple or something dressy?

K-
Back to top Go down
Hxctemplar

Hxctemplar

Armor Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armor Questions   Armor Questions I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 9:04 pm

You can make bracers? dude that's awesome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

Armor Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armor Questions   Armor Questions I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 10:26 pm

K'urn wrote:
Yes, bracers are actually real easy to make. Are you looking for something simple or something dressy?

K-

Something simple and sturdy. Never seen anything otherwise. Dressy I'd suppose would be the ones Mordock/Heretic have wore with the dark green and brass/gold studs lining them. I'd want something simple, leather(?) and black most likely once I get my garb. Give me a quote for the bracers, shipping and handling?

I'll be able to afford them by the end of the month if you'd care to make them. =P
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

Armor Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armor Questions   Armor Questions I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 11:19 pm

Do you do chestplates/breastplates or what have you that they would be classified under? Or the chainmail type. I saw the one that you're wearing in your profile pic, that Oddvar has now, etc. Though I did see the one Smithy made, too. Do you do that?

Then again, I'd ask if you did bodices, but I doubt you deal in feminine wares.

- A
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Armor Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armor Questions   Armor Questions I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 11:34 pm

I'm pretty sure Kurn made those green leather bracer's and I know he made the armor that Herr Oddvar the terrible wears.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Alacian

Alacian

Armor Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armor Questions   Armor Questions I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 11:36 pm

Awesome. I officially want to get armor from him.

(Not that I didn't want to before. But this adds to the impressed look scribbled on my face right now.)
Back to top Go down
K'urn

K'urn

Armor Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armor Questions   Armor Questions I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 2:09 pm

Sorry to burst the bubble, I did not make those green bracers. Not even sure which ones your talking of. I designed but did not build the armor Oddvar wears. The one in my profile was actually the first suit I ever made.
That being said, I will have to look around for a tandy out here before I can give you a quote. It is possible that I could do a bodice (armor grade leather, I'm assuming). I would need your sizes before I could quote a price. Also, I would need you to measure the thickness of you arms, at the wrist and forearm where you want the bracer to stop, also the distance from your wrist to where the bracer stops on the forearm.

K-
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

Armor Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armor Questions   Armor Questions I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 2:31 pm

Ha ha. No bubbles bursted and I like your style and I trust you.

I will get my measurements from Kat this Saturday. And, yes, armor grade leather when it comes to the bodice.

Thank you.

- A
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Armor Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armor Questions   Armor Questions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Armor Questions
Page 1 of 1