Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Training log's

Go down 
+4
Isk
Surt
semtater
konradr
8 posters
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

Training log's Empty
PostSubject: Training log's   Training log's I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 7:13 pm

Okay, lets try to motivate one another to do some training throughout the week.

This is pretty sad, but I did 7 minutes of pel work today, but considering I haven't been training at all, its a start.

I did about 5 min of the 6 spot drill on a dead tree with my big punch shield and metal waster. ( A waster is s dummy sword you use for practice. Its best that it is heavier than your real weapon and able to take some abuse) And I did some shield kick drills on an old, about to fall apart heavy bag I have hanging in a tree in the back yard (From my muay thai and cardio kick fad days)

Top me! (won't be hard) That will make me want to practice more and top you, if I can.

Post here whenever you get out and do any kind of training specifically for your Dagorhir performance. Let us know, brag, and motivate us to contribute to the topic with our own training.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
semtater

semtater

Training log's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training log's   Training log's I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 9:07 pm

Haha, I just had to be the first. All I did was ten minutes of the six spot drill.

To start off, I labeled the target areas with packing tape (it's all I have) and marked it to make it visible. I used a support beam at the back of my house to hit. I set the target areas at knee height, waist height, and upper arm height. I moved the head-shot marker down because I don't want to be practicing for illegal shots. This combination of shots seems to work.

As I got through the work-out there were some things I noticed:

-you have to watch your stance, keep your front foot pointed at your opponent. It will improve your body mechanics.

-Focus on keeping your shots steady, and fluent. Get a rhythm going and push your stamina, work on strength later.

-stretch first, after a quick warm-up. I was wondering... How do you stretch your forearms?

Other than that I had a great first run through of a new drill. Hope these tips help. Wink
Back to top Go down
Surt

Surt

Training log's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training log's   Training log's I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 1:59 am

good ideas! training is a great way to get an edge on your opponants. and i've been training all summer. king
Back to top Go down
https://baraddun.forumotion.net
Isk

Isk

Training log's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training log's   Training log's I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 7:33 am

This is a great idea Konradr. Sites like crossfit thrive on this kind of fitness support group.

Sem, I will show you some arm stretches at practice if you remind me. Stretching your arms before doing what we do is a very good idea.

My training right now mostly consists of drills against the heavy bag I have hanging in the back yard and ab and arm workouts on the rings I keep in the closet. I intent to add in some ladder drills for my footwork and some more time with my jump rope.
Back to top Go down
http://www.antirdearg.com
konradr

konradr

Training log's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training log's   Training log's I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 6:48 am

The military, well, back when I was in the army in the mid 80's, checked fitness levels with a simple physical test every week. How many push ups (proper one's) you could do, How many Sit ups, and how fast you can run, I think it was 2 miles.

We could do that to on this training log. Every Friday do push ups, sit ups and if you're up to roadwork, the running part and post your totals.

I didn't work out today. Instead I was handsewing my new T-tunic. Got to do what I can in the litte time I have to do it. I plan on training tomorrow and I want to start doing push ups and sit ups as well as some weights and sword drills. I hate running. I may just jump rope for time. we'll see.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Training log's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training log's   Training log's I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 7:18 pm

Boo hiss on me, sorry guys I didn't do any training this week. Please pummel me this weekend should I show up for practice. So here's my stats for this first week.

Sword drills: 0
Weights: 0
Push ups: 0
Sit ups: 0
Running/jump rope: 0

Okay, I'm sure I can improve next week.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

Training log's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training log's   Training log's I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 9:16 pm

Sword drills: 0
Weights: 6pd's on two different workout machines...hate the one where it's like you're hugging yourself. Ha ha.
Push ups: 10 on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Sit ups: 12 on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Running/jump rope: Two miles.

Will be starting again come Tuesday with Templar since we're scheduling it around both of us. Three times a week though, not including Dag!
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Training log's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training log's   Training log's I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 7:14 am

Bravo Alacian. On Friday's do the fitness test. You and Templar can check eachother. Do as many Push ups as you can, then as many Sit ups then run your 2miler and mark your times down. Fridays will be the fitness check. If you want to throw in chin ups, go ahead. Their tough for middle aged guys with guts to do though. (No, that wouldn't be you or Templar)

Konradr
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Training log's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training log's   Training log's I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 7:29 pm

Okay, today I tried to do my excercises, but can't. I took a strong spear shot to the lower abdomen/upper groin area last Saturday and I'm still feeling it. It hurts a little when I walk and I have to Pee constantly. I think its a bruised sternum. Anyhow, I tried to do a push up and it felt like fire burning down there. So, I will have to do it next week.

how come no one else is loggin in any training??? How many pushups can you do in one go, correct push ups. How many sit ups or crunches?

Whose doing their sword drills?? 10 minutes a day at least every other day if not everyday.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Kilanos

Kilanos

Training log's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training log's   Training log's I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 7:35 pm

I hobbled around Sam's Club for an hour and a half on thursday then came home and slept for like 4 hours because I was absolutely exhausted. I never new walking could be that tiring. I walked around bass pro for 30 mins today. Does that count for training. It's about all I can do atm.
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

Training log's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training log's   Training log's I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 8:04 pm

Kilanos wrote:
I hobbled around Sam's Club for an hour and a half on thursday then came home and slept for like 4 hours because I was absolutely exhausted. I never new walking could be that tiring. I walked around bass pro for 30 mins today. Does that count for training. It's about all I can do atm.

I juggled a baby eight hours, every day this week. I swam five laps in an olympic sized pool on Tuesday morning with Templar and then walked about a half mile to the gas station for tea. I worked eight hours Monday - Thursday after having finish with said baby. Does that count?

I'll get to mine next week. Dealing with some family issues right now.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

Training log's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training log's   Training log's I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 8:24 pm

Hmm training... I only have dumbbells? o.0
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

Training log's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training log's   Training log's I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 11:14 pm

I did two hours of ballet and hip hop today.

That's a work out.
>:[ I don't care what Big 5 says.
DANCE IS A SPORT.

Haha. Workin' on endurance.

Also did about 30 minutes of yoga.

I'll do push ups later. :]
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

Training log's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training log's   Training log's I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 12:35 am

Oooo! We have Wii Fit! I'm totally gonna do that tonight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Training log's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training log's   Training log's I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Training log's
Page 1 of 1