Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Video clips from practice

Go down 
+4
semtater
Hxctemplar
Alacian
konradr
8 posters
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

Video clips from practice Empty
PostSubject: Video clips from practice   Video clips from practice I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 2:57 pm

These ones are from This Saturday's practice. 9-26-09 They'd be great if we were all in garb.

I think I finally got clip 3 up and running. It was the one with the CTF games.

Konradr

Last edited by konradr on Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Video clips from practice   Video clips from practice I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 3:36 pm

Nice clips. First one didn't work though.

p.s. I do fight like a fudgin' girl. I see what you meant Konrad. Help me and beat some aggression into me god damn it. lol I refuse to wimp out and be solely an archer.

Last edited by Alacian on Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hxctemplar

Hxctemplar

PostSubject: Re: Video clips from practice   Video clips from practice I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 5:27 pm

Alacian wrote:

p.s. I do fight like a fuckin' girl. I see what you meant Konrad. Help me and beat some aggression into me god damn it. lol I refuse to wimp out and be solely an archer.

Hey, what's wrong w/ Archers? lol

Oh god.....I fought terribly >_> I need to get a lot better. Least I looked cool while wielding Konradr's Dwarf Axe ( I think that's what it was)
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Video clips from practice   Video clips from practice I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 6:51 pm

Hxctemplar wrote:
Alacian wrote:

p.s. I do fight like a fuckin' girl. I see what you meant Konrad. Help me and beat some aggression into me god damn it. lol I refuse to wimp out and be solely an archer.

Hey, what's wrong w/ Archers? lol

Oh god.....I fought terribly >_> I need to get a lot better. Least I looked cool while wielding Konradr's Dwarf Axe ( I think that's what it was)

Archers are sexy. But most Dag women wind up being archers. I love archery and even posed Stef to show her how to do it. But I'd like to stick it out and become a good swordsman. That's all I was saying. ^_^

You did fine and you did look cool with an axe. =P You can spar with me sometime.

We'll critique each other.
Back to top Go down
semtater

semtater

PostSubject: Re: Video clips from practice   Video clips from practice I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 7:39 pm

Wow. I got pwned by Romeo at the end of the second video. I need to work on standing my ground. Does anyone have weight-gain tips?
Back to top Go down
Hxctemplar

Hxctemplar

PostSubject: Re: Video clips from practice   Video clips from practice I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 1:43 am

Alacian wrote:

Archers are sexy. But most Dag women wind up being archers. I love archery and even posed Stef to show her how to do it. But I'd like to stick it out and become a good swordsman. That's all I was saying. ^_^

You did fine and you did look cool with an axe. =P You can spar with me sometime.

We'll critique each other.

Oh wow. Didn't think anyone would actually say that XD I felt like a doofus cause I never handled a red before.

Awesome. I'd like that ;D I need to spar more w/ different people lol
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: Video clips from practice   Video clips from practice I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 2:39 am

Yeah....one handed weapons...not quite my thing.
I hate to join in the mass stereotype, but I think I'm going to stick with archery.
...I need to learn to keep my vest on.
Or make something lighter to fight in.
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Video clips from practice   Video clips from practice I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 5:09 am

Templar -

I thought you did well. *shrugs* Hell I actually pm'd Kurt for thoughts on you since I know I'm not making Initiate on Surt's first round and was asking Kurt his thoughts on you since I sort of wanted to try and get you to train with me outside of normal practice. =P ...

Demie -

I don't have anything against archers. I want to get a bow sometime. Right now though I'm going to work on a sword and shield. I do better with a shield and a sword like the loaners are.

- A
Back to top Go down
Hxctemplar

Hxctemplar

PostSubject: Re: Video clips from practice   Video clips from practice I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 5:24 am

Alacian wrote:
Templar -

I thought you did well. *shrugs* Hell I actually pm'd Kurt for thoughts on you since I know I'm not making Initiate on Surt's first round and was asking Kurt his thoughts on you since I sort of wanted to try and get you to train with me outside of normal practice. =P ...

- A

Really? Well i feel honored that you asked Kurt about me lol. I would definately want to practice with you outside of the usual saturday rounds. I definately need to learn how to properly dagger-fight for Surt's circle of strength. Plus maybe you could help me out on how to use a buckler/sword the right way since I am just starting on that =P
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Video clips from practice   Video clips from practice I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 5:31 am

Hxctemplar wrote:
Alacian wrote:
Templar -

- A

Really? Well i feel honored that you asked Kurt about me lol. I would definately want to practice with you outside of the usual saturday rounds. I definately need to learn how to properly dagger-fight for Surt's circle of strength. Plus maybe you could help me out on how to use a buckler/sword the right way since I am just starting on that =P

Yeah. I asked. lol

I'd like that, too. I actually live on the corner of Buffalo and Flamingo. So, not that far away and there's a park across from my house. I'm intending on getting my shield and sword together in the next week, or two weeks at the latest. So I'll have my own starting kit. I need to practice on the dagger fights, too. I actually have a stabby tip that Dustin made for me. So, yeah we can practice dagger fights together. I want to work on grappling as well.

Good thing though about if you practiced with me regularly outside of Dag's Saturday meet - If you wanted to come to the park across from my house which isn't even five minutes from Desert Breeze and the park is across from my street = > You'd be able to practice for whatever odd hours we wanted to. You could technically clean up at my house and/or swim at the pool after a hard day of training and I'd let you eat over here....-is possibly bribing you into being a training partner-.... lol

We'll talk more come Saturday if I can snag you for a few?
Back to top Go down
Hxctemplar

Hxctemplar

PostSubject: Re: Video clips from practice   Video clips from practice I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 5:46 am

Nice a sword and a shield? xD wish I can make that. I'm having a friend make 2 daggers so all of us can train for Surt's tests.
The park? Right next to a highschool an stuff? I know where that is Very Happy That is really close. Free meals, a swimming pool? xD You had me at food. You certainaly know how to bride someone lol. I'd be honored to be your training partner :]

Ya you can snag me for a few before practice starts. I'll prolly be there early w/ Demi for this weekend Surprised
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Video clips from practice   Video clips from practice I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 5:50 am

I can't make them. I'm going to get materials after I have the money and I talk to Oddvar/Konrad and then maybe get them to help me. Most likely Oddvar since he doesn't live far from me and I could even steal his time for an hour or hour and a half one evening or Sunday or some such and get him to assist me in said making of sword and shield.

...and yep. The park by the high school. Ha ha. Glad you're not far. I live right there at the street that goes straight across from the KFC then since you know where I'm talking about. And yes, I'll let you eat with me and swim if we figure out a way to start training outside of practice together. Hell I'll put you on the short list of people who get a homemade strawberry cheesecake from me on Christmas...

and before we derail this thread anymore...*nudges you to my pm's*
Back to top Go down
Hxctemplar

Hxctemplar

PostSubject: Re: Video clips from practice   Video clips from practice I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 5:56 am

........Dear god, Strawberry cheesecake?

Marry me. Right now. XD!!!! You have no idea how much I love strawberry cheesecake. It's the only thing (aside from pumpkin pie) that i would do ANYTHING for.

ya I only like 10 min away from there, by car. We can work something out, since i don't have to work till 4 - 9 tuesday - friday. I have school monday, wednesday friday morning ( 7 30 - 1 50) and sunday evening (6 - 9) so on Tuesday thursday and sunday morning - afternoon i'm free Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Video clips from practice   Video clips from practice I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 6:08 am

I won't know my schedule entirely till next week when I get into my CNA program. This week I'm cramming exams and hitting Dag practice. But I normally work... Monday - Thursday, 5:30pm - 8:30pm. I'll be taking on more children soon and will be Saturday and Sunday morning at like..7am to 9am with them. I don't know yet. But Sundays work well, too.

I swim on Monday, Wednesday, Friday mornings at like 10am over at the clubhouse (since no one uses my pool and will soon be doing it at the rec center in the swim lanes instead). But, Sunday's would work well. I'll call you tomorrow though and we can talk some. About to hit the hay right now.

p.s. I can do pumpkin, apple and pecan pie. Strawberry cheesecake. Toffee. Fudge (white included). Cakes, donuts, chili, gumbo, pizza, etc, etc. *tempts you*
Back to top Go down
Hxctemplar

Hxctemplar

PostSubject: Re: Video clips from practice   Video clips from practice I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 6:12 am

Alacian wrote:

I swim on Monday, Wednesday, Friday mornings at like 10am over at the clubhouse (since no one uses my pool and will soon be doing it at the rec center in the swim lanes instead). But, Sunday's would work well. I'll call you tomorrow though and we can talk some. About to hit the hay right now.

p.s. I can do pumpkin, apple and pecan pie. Strawberry cheesecake. Toffee. Fudge (white included). Cakes, donuts, chili, gumbo, pizza, etc, etc. *tempts you*

Awesome Very Happy xD Don't laugh at me if i look like an idiot when i swim; I don't do it often, although i should since I own a pool myself.

Oooh god, all that food......you are an evil temptress you are D,: -gets hungry-
-bear hugs- alright :p well g'night then. Sweet dreams and such
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Video clips from practice   Video clips from practice I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 7:15 pm

Templar, I'm not really the authority on Red's. You could ask Knubbs to show you some moves or even Surt. Let me just share with you what I believe.

To use a Red, (A two handed weapon, like my Danish Axe and Glaive) you must be prepared to move at all times, if you are alone. You have to be able to move out of the way as quickly as possible, left, right, or straight back, and reset your Guard as quickly as you can. (The guard is any position from which you can either swing an attacking or defensive move) With a Red, if you are one on one and the opponant is aggressive, he will be on you after your first swing. You have to move quickly.

You can use your haft and the side of the head defensively. You can parry or block a strike coming in by swinging those sides into an angle protecting your body. It takes practice and timing. Remember a hit on your hand that is holding a weapon doesn't count as a hit to the limb. Punch that incoming strike with that hand on weapon, or the haft, or the flat of your weapon's head.

You can use the stabby tip to pierce a leg, but you can also use it, with a little oomph behind it, to press the attacker's shield and keep him back or to deflect him ( A solid shield kick will do the same, but bring up your weapon haft to protect that leg from a strike from above)

If your going to fight red in a fluid situation, like a free for all, go after another red or someone without a shield first.

The best thing, I think, for a Red user, is to always team up with someone. Weather that someone is also fighting with a red or a shield. Another person beside you will make that opponant hestitate to close when you throw your blows because he/she will be vulnerable to a strike from your partner. It would be good for you to team up with a shieldman. The shieldman can protect you in close while you destroy the shields of anyone opposing the two of you. So try to always keep a teammate next to you and communicate between the two of you as to what you are both going to do so you can cover one another. You help the shieldman by destroying other shields and poking or chopping at legs. A shield hook could help as well. When an opponant concentrates on one of you, the other should immediately attack a blind side.

We should try some two man free for alls to emphasize teamwork at the most basic level.

I will try to bring a sketchpad to practice so I can show you how I built the Axe and Glaive.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Video clips from practice   Video clips from practice I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 9:52 pm

Konrad -

If you bring your glaive some weekend, mind if I call dibs and try it out for a day? I think I'm pretty set on shield and sword. But I want to give it a whack to at least say I tried and know how it feels and whether I could do it or not.

- A
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Video clips from practice   Video clips from practice I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 7:18 am

Your brother liked the glaive alot. That's what he kept fighting with last week.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Video clips from practice   Video clips from practice I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 7:24 am

Ah. That's the glaive. If you show up tomorrow can I try? Heh heh...*puppy look*
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Video clips from practice   Video clips from practice I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 7:40 am

Well maybe its more like a Naganata (A japanese long, wide bladed spear) Sure you can.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Video clips from practice   Video clips from practice I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 6:24 am

Awesome video's, makes me even more stoked to start practicing with you guys.

@all the female archers! My favorite practice tip would be to take just 2 arrows on the field with you, and a sword. You'll waste arrows less, and love your sword alot more Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Surt

Surt

PostSubject: Re: Video clips from practice   Video clips from practice I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 8:56 pm

glaives were my first love in this game. i'm going to be making a new one soon since i couldn't bring mine back. Sad
Back to top Go down
https://baraddun.forumotion.net
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Video clips from practice   Video clips from practice I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 3:41 am

I love Glaives, used to play with a stabby glaive that a friend up here in Twin Falls made, was very fun.
Back to top Go down
Oddvar

Oddvar

PostSubject: Re: Video clips from practice   Video clips from practice I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 1:24 am

I was thinking about adding an Axe head to my spear, kind of a glaive type weapon. More of a badiche
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Video clips from practice   Video clips from practice I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 2:12 am

Oddvar wrote:
I was thinking about adding an Axe head to my spear, kind of a glaive type weapon. More of a badiche

My favorite weapon to date would be my friend's Mini-glaive he had, was wonderful, it was built like a red sword in length but only about half the size of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Video clips from practice   Video clips from practice I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Video clips from practice
Page 1 of 1