Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

spear making and spear fighting.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

spear making and spear fighting. Empty
PostSubject: spear making and spear fighting.   spear making and spear fighting. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 5:24 pm

I highly recommend these video's by Grumio on making and using the dagorhir spear. The video (I believe its #3) that talks about teamwork between spearmen and shieldsmen is especially informative. Pay attention to it. It is important not only for teamwork between spears and shieldmen but for teamwork in general. It's about attitude and action.

Note to how spearmen should be fighting in pairs. Or if lack of another spear, a polearm with comparable reach.

Allright, let's get some spears made!

Konradr

Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Phoxly

Phoxly

spear making and spear fighting. Empty
PostSubject: Re: spear making and spear fighting.   spear making and spear fighting. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 6:16 pm

I watched all of those a few weeks back. Awesome vids, and very inciteful =D

I agree 100% with his take on "spearmen controlling the flow of battle" most of the tactics he teaches can also be used with stabby tip glaives, when you jackhammer with a glaive you have the opportunity of getting between two shields, and using the red side of the glaive to do some dmg behind their shield.
Back to top Go down

spear making and spear fighting.
Page 1 of 1